What's new

Bangladesh protest against women's rights left one dead

What amazes me is how these people manage to face their mothers and sisters once they get home. Conversation at the dinner table would be like, "Mother: So how was your day son", "Son: Oh great mum just went to protest against equal rights for women", "Mother: Oh cool son, here have some more Haleem" . Pathetic, I would shoot each one of them if it was up to me.

Oh so your a terrorist then. Killing others on behalf of your political belief and or implementation of political ideology. At least those people are protesting and not "shooting" people.

can u guys plz be more specific....what is the actual issue; go into it in detail so we could understand

and these Mullahs dont look like peaceful protestors...why the hell are they kicking police officers. This is nothing to laugh at, this is shameful. This is what is un-Islamic more so at least according to my view

protest is a right...but have a cool head, do it sensibly. Shouting, kicking and breaking stuff is not a way to be civilized. They are doing themselves and the country a dis-service.

The main issue is that these group are claiming some part of the new bill regarding the right of woman has gone against quran specially the inheritance issue. So they are protesting against that.

But on the other hand hasina is saying that nothing is against quran in the proposed bill n she will not implement any law against quran.

So the neutral recommendation will be to resolve this issue by clarifying what this new bill say about the inheritance regarding woman. Opposition group BNP also asked to clarify this issue. This would make quiet every one. But hasina and BAL has done nothing so far to clarify this issue.

compare the new bill -- what does it call for (i.e. what ''amends'' in terms of inheritance)

and as i said earlier, they are within their right to protest. But they arent helping their cause by shouting loudly and kicking police officers who are just doing their jobs

isnt it?

looks like a website made by tree-huggers......obviously a charged, opinionated blog and nothing else

no matter how you look at it though, women are 50% of population and their contribution must be faciliated and appreciated. Paradise lies at their feet.

albeit, seperate issue and topic altogether.

regards

The main issue is that these group are claiming some part of the new bill regarding the right of woman has gone against quran specially the inheritance issue. So they are protesting against that.

But on the other hand hasina is saying that nothing is against quran in the proposed bill n she will not implement any law against quran.

So the neutral recommendation will be to resolve this issue by clarifying what this new bill say about the inheritance regarding woman. Opposition group BNP also asked to clarify this issue. This would make quiet every one. But hasina and BAL has done nothing so far to clarify this issue.

You may like to clarify the issues raised in Post #143.

Where were the protesters then?

Imagine the usury being practised by the Grameen Bank.

and you rejoiced his Nobel Prize but did not protest at this extortion that got him the Nobel Prize!

Odd!

Hasina really needs to release the draft of the proposed act or policy. It is creating unrest and divisions. She is picking the wrong fight. Obscurity creates confusion. Mullahs will thrive on that.

She is saying what it is not, but won't show it. Some of the atels are just re-vegitating what she is saying. Policy will have to be based on the Law of the land.
So let all out and let the people decide.

The policy doesn't touch the inheritance issues, only social rights. Don't understand whats the fuss is all about, even BNP is confused. Although it is utterly disturbing to see the use of Quran in the streets. How dare they use Quran for politics ? I'm not that religious but still whenever I hold the Quran my hand holds it with utmost respect. Yes the blame is on AL for synthesizing the orchestra but its not a solo score.

Hasina really needs to release the draft of the proposed act or policy. It is creating unrest and divisions. She is picking the wrong fight. Obscurity creates confusion. Mullahs will thrive on that.

She is saying what it is not, but won't show it. Some of the atels are just re-vegitating what she is saying. Policy will have to be based on the Law of the land.
So let all out and let the people decide.

Its in the public domain of GOB
http://www.mowca.gov.bd/National_Women_Policy_2011.zip

can u guys plz be more specific....what is the actual issue; go into it in detail so we could understand

and these Mullahs dont look like peaceful protestors...why the hell are they kicking police officers. This is nothing to laugh at, this is shameful. This is what is un-Islamic more so at least according to my view

protest is a right...but have a cool head, do it sensibly. Shouting, kicking and breaking stuff is not a way to be civilized. They are doing themselves and the country a dis-service.

Can't you read English? I've stated what the issue is about. BTW the police cracking down on the protestors without any provocation is not peaceful either, that happened before the 'flying kick'. So, if you must make comment like that you should see the whole incident.

I just looked at it, considering it is the document we are all talking about and in entirety.

The document in general is about empowering women. I didn't see anything in there that relates to inheritance. Mullahs protesting on the street probably didn't even know that. The head mullahs are leading the young ones.

Back
Top Bottom