What's new

Bangladesh must not allow Indian Commandos in Dhaka

Wer are not scared of 50 commandos but concern about terrorist activities india is planning using these commandos. We have every reason to be concerned about indian terroism as india had and has done so.

Yes, yes, India is a big tiger. You must run away to Pakistan or Burma, the 50 commandos may kill all the people like you. You must glorify India more.

Yes, yes, India is a big tiger. You must run away to Pakistan or Burma, the 50 commandos may kill all the people like you. You must glorify India more.

We are more concern about you acting as indian terror sleeper cell, than actual indian forces involved in terror act inside Bangladesh.

We are more concern about you acting as indian TERROR SLEEPER CELL, than actual indian forces involved in terror act inside Bangladesh.

I thought, you are the one working for RAW, because you always try to cause panic by propagating the false might of your sponsor in India. We are not worried about your employer. We will do the same to it we did to Pakistan in 1971. RAW cannot harm us without the supports of many a 5th column members like you.

Bangladesh must not allow Indian Commandos in Dhaka - Walking on a knife-edge

Politics

Tuesday December 22 2009 07:34:32 AM BDT

By Dr K M A Malik, UK

You of course would not know anything about embassies or foreign missions and their security arrangements as you have just done a copy-paste job of an article written by someone else. I agree that it is an article which meets your agenda of India bashing but may be the eminent Dr Malik may have to be asked if he is aware of how many US Marines guard the US Embassy in Dhaka.

The land on which the embassies are built is considered sovereign territories of the nations the embassies represent and fly the flags of the nation in question. Generally the host nations look after the security arrangements of the foreign embassies. But in cases of heightened threat perception, the embassy/relevant nation can make its own arrangements in consultation with the host nation.

There are numerous such cases world wide.

Maybe the reason why the mainline media in BD is not covering this event (if true) is that it is extremely routine and not news worthy at all.

The idea of a handful of SSB (para military personnel similar to BSF) threatening the sovereignty of BD is totally absurd and laughable.

The New Nation - Internet Edition

Nizami opposes Indian offer of security experts
Staff Reporter

Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami Ameer Moulana Matiur Rahman Nizami expressed grave concern over the Indian offer of sending a 50-member security expert team in the name of ensuring security of its high commission in Bangladesh.

If the Government accepts the offer, he said in a statement yesterday, it would be a sort of threat to the country's sovereignty and independence. He urged the government not to entertain such proposal as that would be suicidal.

The Indian offer, he said, is nothing but a reflection of Indian government having no confidence in the government's ability to provide security to its embassy. If the Government accepts the Indian offer , other countries would also lose their confidence in Government's ability to ensure security of their missions in Bangladesh, Nizami said.

I think we are missing the point on this thread. If BD does not allow the 50 commandos into the country and a terrorist attack is staged against the Indian HC then New Delhi will want 5000 troops here. The government is caught in a bind of its own making and there is every possibility of a serious event occurring in BD within the next 3 months. I think the best solution would be to close the Indian HC and terminate all Indian interests in the country.

:woot: :yahoo: :cheers:

I think we are missing the point on this thread. If BD does not allow the 50 commandos into the country and a terrorist attack is staged against the Indian HC then New Delhi will want 5000 troops here. :

You don't need to go far. This actually happened in Afghanistan where Indian embassy was attacked twice. But I fail to see 1 batalion Indian force there according to your theory.

The government is caught in a bind of its own making and there is every possibility of a serious event occurring in BD within the next 3 months. I think the best solution would be to close the Indian HC and terminate all Indian interests in the country.

Well.....I do not know what crystal ball you have. However since you don't know the meaning of closing down the Indian embassy/HC it is waste of energy to explain you. :tsk:

@all:
Guys, don't you think this thread has lived more than its worth? I wonder what actually we are discussing here.

Indian commandos to guard in our territory doesnt really make any sense,rather they should be sent here for training..:cheers:
As far my knowledge goes, the govt. is providing special security to the Indian and US embassy in Dhaka. Letting Indians to guard in our territory would be undermining our military and other security forces.

Now the question we may ask is about the legality.US embassy is technically built on American soil,now does the same theory apply for Indian embassy?

In post 41 I asked the question as I was not aware of the legality of bringing security guards.Well according to this news,it is confirmed that it is legal.But India have not informed Bangladesh govt. yet,so that will not fall into legal category.

Delhi yet to inform Dhaka of security deployment for mission

Diplomatic Correspondent

India did not officially inform Bangladesh of a reported move to deploy its own forces for the safety and security of its high commission premises and diplomats in Dhaka.
‘India, as far as I know, has not expressed its intent to man the high commission premises with its own security personnel,’ the foreign secretary, Mohamed Mijarul Quayes, told reporters on Monday when his attention was called to the concerns expressed by the main opposition Bangladesh Nationalist Party secretary general, Khandaker Delwar Hossain, against the deployment of Indian forces for the security of its mission in Dhaka.
‘Foreign missions in any country are a sovereign and independent territory. But a foreign mission can take its security measures, including the deployment of special forces, only if it is not restricted by the laws of the host country,’ he said.
‘The responsibility for the security of Bangladesh missions abroad lies with us. But we need to make a balance between the laws of the host country and protect our rights to internal and external security of our missions,’ he said.
The foreign secretary was speaking at the ministry after launching of the web site of the Diplomatic Correspondents’ Association Bangladesh (Diplomatic Correspondents Association, Bangladesh).
Several newspapers reported that India would deploy a 50-member team of special security forces to increase protection of its high commission in Dhaka.
The new Indian high commissioner in Dhaka Rajit Mitter arrived in Dhaka Sunday night to take charge of his office.

Front Page

I think the best solution would be to close the Indian HC and terminate all Indian interests in the country.

Yes, really it is, if this govt. ( or I doubt, as they may be Indian stooge) can't provide security by our own force and also if India could not rely on our security force then that is the best solution to close their HC. It will, at least, prove us less unable rather than deploying Indian force.
I know many members will say that Indian HC is necessary but I'm thinking about if Indian force will come then it will undermine our force. And this is the highest concern to me.

Last edited:
You of course would not know anything about embassies or foreign missions and their security arrangements as you have just done a copy-paste job of an article written by someone else. I agree that it is an article which meets your agenda of India bashing but may be the eminent Dr Malik may have to be asked if he is aware of how many US Marines guard the US Embassy in Dhaka.

The land on which the embassies are built is considered sovereign territories of the nations the embassies represent and fly the flags of the nation in question. Generally the host nations look after the security arrangements of the foreign embassies. But in cases of heightened threat perception, the embassy/relevant nation can make its own arrangements in consultation with the host nation.

There are numerous such cases world wide.

Maybe the reason why the mainline media in BD is not covering this event (if true) is that it is extremely routine and not news worthy at all.

Well most news here is copy and paste for the members to discuss. This news originated in your country and than picked up by patriot news paper lake amardesh and sangram. If it was another nation than perhaps this would not be a big deal however anything related to bharat in the context of bd has importance as we perceive you as enemy state thus we must be vigilant against any fishy activity done by you. You are up to no good and we just know it. Awami dalal has given you licensed to do whatever but your activity will be stop in the coming days.

It has been your dream since our separation to make us satellite state where Bd would not have any defense or independent foreign policy of it own. Dalal musjib tried it so he died for it. La-hasina has same ambition but will fail Insh’allah.

If it so much danger for your high commissioner to stay in our country than you are welcome to withdrew right away. Believe me; most of us will celebrate your departure.:tup:

The idea of a handful of SSB (para military personnel similar to BSF) threatening the sovereignty of BD is totally absurd and laughable

Not Sovereignty rather more like irritation.

You must be joking by hinting that we ask India to guard our border. Stop joking and don't preach your political Party line. Your kind of people only make others anti-Indian. Friendly relationship is good, but that should not come down to a HIJRA relationship. I hope you understand what I mean.

What do you mean hijra relationship?! why would a heterosexual guy always remain homophobic?! only when he has a lack of confidence in his heterosexuality. I did not "hint India guarding our borders". You read it that way. Now why did you interpret it that way but not the other way round?! We all are preaching our opinions and political takes here, who are you to tell me what to say and what not to say?! All I was saying there is Bangladeshis must not bow down to Pakistani pressure and Bangladesh should maintain its friendship with India and must not take sides, specially not pro-Pakistani side. That is harmful, as it is learnt from experience.

You don't need to go far. This actually happened in Afghanistan where Indian embassy was attacked twice. But I fail to see 1 batalion Indian force there according to your theory.

The Americans would not allow it. Gen. McChrystal has already pointed out that India is causing a destabilizinng role in Afghanistan so why would the US invite more trouble by having Indian troops there?

Also the fact indians desperate to bring Afghan example to justfy their flimsy logic is laughable. Afghanistan is a war torn country with no functional govt and no control. There is NO comparison between two contries or situation on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom