What's new

Banged my car in a bus today

I don't understand how people drive in South Asia. There are little or no walking signals and footpaths when it comes to pedestrians who wish to cross. What i have also noticed is that there is absolutely no culture of car signals and road lane divisions. The driving licenses are too easy to get and therefore because of this one finds that the actual road itself is a complete mess.

You know what the guy in front of you is going to do by imagining what you would do in his place..and then observing subtle hints about the way his car is swerving, his two fingers sticking out to signal he is going to turn etc all take enormous amounts of skill...Drivers in South asia are some of the most talented in the world...;)

They may not indulge in showmanship on desolate roads...but put a south asian, an arab, an european or an american in the middle of a traffic jam with no signals..i bet my moustache that the south asian would come out first..

bhai saab believe me its little use....when in an emergency situation its your reflexes and instinct that matter and they get improved over time. Whatever you think that you will do this, that..the mind becomes totally blank at that precise moment and your instincts automatically takes over.

The only thing i do before starting my bike/car is think God for a moment....
May be true. I like to believe that I have like superman reflexes. :) Time will tell.
But that little exercise helped me gain confidence in the beginning period. Now I don't do that any more. There was always a fear of harming someone. As for my life, it is either in the hands of God or the other guy who will ram his vehicle into mine. So far, so good.

May be true. I like to believe that I have like superman reflexes. :) Time will tell.
But that little exercise helped me gain confidence in the beginning period. Now I don't do that any more. There was always a fear of harming someone. As for my life, it is either in the hands of God or the other guy who will ram his vehicle into mine. So far, so good.

If it really helped you, then all power to that....who cares if the hen is blind or deaf as long as the korma is tasty...lol

mamu... you are almost higway verrapann...jokes apart... even the thought of an baby on board during any mishap scares the bejessses outta me

Not Veerappan stuff but I have my own stories of highway mischief in the East Coast Road ofcourse. ;) - The guy had turned back to check the baby when he did not see my car standing in the traffic light and rammed in at 35 miles without breaking is what we figured out. But the paramedical in the Ambulance mentioned that the babies due to the not well developed bones are like a softball and do not get hurt unless it is a direct impact.

i personally like one hand on gear and on steering and then knock gear down just before the bend (engine breaking). never take a fast bend in Honda it dont stick it slide but in golf it sticks. Honda only sticks if change wheel for wider ones.

On certain wide angle turns try lifting the foot off the pedal for sec and then give it more speed to make it stick. Just slightly. Works with wide-based cars better.

It's almost 24 hours now(i may be wrong),& i think you have to go easy on yourself.
No injuries to my body bro .It wasn't that major . It's just that this is my first time ramming my car and my confidence has got injured.

I'll say it in our local language because i know you'll understand.

Arre bhai jo ghalati hogye uss sae sekho,yahi kaffara hae,abhi umar 22 saal hae, abhi or chezon ko bhe bang bang karna hae life mein jahan kafi self confidence chahye.Abhi sae lose mut karo sab.

Be a confident man.20-25 is an age where men are full of confidence.A big part of life is waiting for you ahead like a tigress with an open mouth and sharp teeth.For many many things you'll need to rely on yourself and that's the confidence that will take you through it.

Well i'll not share about how i learnt driving and mention in here my experience because i know it won't help much.And people do make mistakes.People saying to you that they are "hell of a driver", would have made mistakes in many other fields of life where you would have been spotless, accurate and matchless.

Take it as if it was for a lesson and you had to go through it all to learn it.Take it as a part of your learning curve.
It happened once in your life ,hopefully it won't happen the next time.You just need to rectify it.And you'll do that when the next time you'll be facing a similar situation and for that you need to be on the road -driving.Hopefully it'll be a good experience.

bhai aisi galtiyan to insaan karte hain ...aur tu insaan thodi na hai

I was in a friend's car. It was a jeep and he flipped it over 4 times. My insides hurt and my adrenalin was rushing. The first thing I did when I got out was scream at him, then punched him in the stomach as hard as I could.

And let me tell you this idiot was not even drunk, Just a novice driver that thought he could speed.

I was in a friend's car. It was a jeep and he flipped it over 4 times. My insides hurt and my adrenalin was rushing. The first thing I did when I got out was scream at him, then punched him in the stomach as hard as I could.

And let me tell you this idiot was not even drunk, Just a novice driver that thought he could speed.

RazPak: How dare you survive, yeh le, yeh bhi le.

I have been learning how to drive for quite some time now and just when i thought i was almost done with it , i banged my car in a bus today because he breaked suddenly in the middle of the road.

The car is insured and the damage is not big though not minor , but this has hurt my confidence a lot. Please help me cheer up , i never thought after driving for so many months that i could hit my car.It was embarrassing :cry:

Don't worry, such incidents happen.

Consult a physiologist or psychiatrist if necessary( if you feel unusual sweat, loss confidence while driving even after some days)

Mate, Imran Bhai is the best person to cheer u up, he banged his car into a cop vehicle :lol: tuney toh kuch bhi nahi kiya :)

what happened then?

lol since is everyone sharing their exploits let me share mine -- it was about a year and a half back...was riding on the eastern expressway in mumbai...it was raining and i was going along with my friend to kurla on my pulsar..after crossing the signal near the gandhi nagar bridge was riding on the inside land at about 70...suddenly a goat jumped inbetween and in a reflex i braked hard..but behind me was a speeding safari (approx 110) and once i braked that guy too tried to brake..but since it was rainy and the road was wet, it was not much use and he hit me on the rear..yeah a speeding safari hit a bike on the back and I was thrown about 20 mtrs on the expressway...luckily my bike got inbetween the wheels of the safari and this caused it to slow down just 2 or 3 mtrs before me...lol cant express the feeling when i was flying in the air....luckily I escaped with just a torn ligament and sprained wrist while my friend did not even hve any injury even after falling on the safari bonnet and bumping off onto the road...

anyway nothing happened to my morale as such and i was back riding once my leg got soon though only after a big fight with my parents who tried to force me into getting a car and selling the bike...

BTW I too banged my bicycle on a motorcycle parked near road.

I was going on a inside road, the a slope came; my bike suddenly got too much speed.

I couldn't control it and banged it on motor cycle parked near road.

I have been learning how to drive for quite some time now and just when i thought i was almost done with it , i banged my car in a bus today because he breaked suddenly in the middle of the road.

The car is insured and the damage is not big though not minor , but this has hurt my confidence a lot. Please help me cheer up , i never thought after driving for so many months that i could hit my car.It was embarrassing :cry:

It seems that you were 'tail-gatin' him. Not a wise thing to do. But don't let that get you down. Driving is mainly about anticipation. Just get back on the road. Cheers!

Two things:

1. You never stop learning.
2. Relax, buck up, and get back into the driving seat.

Back
Top Bottom