What's new

Banged my car in a bus today

I didnt know a thread like this was running..co-incidentall just yesterday only I hit a stray dog while riding my bike in full speed...the dog didnt die but ran away crying loudly..I ran behind it to see if I could help..but I couldnt find him sadly..since thsi incident yesterday..I am feeling so low and cant stop blaming myself. I just pray I get that dog somehow ,spmwhere and if I could something for it..poor soul. Sorry for hijacking the thread man.

lol...the dog must have ran away thinking that you missed him and chasing to finish the job....:D

I didnt know a thread like this was running..co-incidentall just yesterday only I hit a stray dog while riding my bike in full speed...the dog didnt die but ran away crying loudly..I ran behind it to see if I could help..but I couldnt find him sadly..since thsi incident yesterday..I am feeling so low and cant stop blaming myself. I just pray I get that dog somehow ,spmwhere and if I could something for it..poor soul. Sorry for hijacking the thread man.

Sorry to hear that bro. Although i didn't injure anyone , yet i can somewhat understand what you must be feeling.

P.S- Thanks to all friends here for taking time for commenting

Try driving with one hand on the wheel, when you first go from two hand to one hand, its a whole different feeling. I personally think with one hand you get a lot more control on the wheel. Alternate both hands, but use just one at a time. This is after you pass your driving test, of course.

i personally like one hand on gear and on steering and then knock gear down just before the bend (engine breaking). never take a fast bend in Honda it dont stick it slide but in golf it sticks. Honda only sticks if change wheel for wider ones.

I have been learning how to drive for quite some time now and just when i thought i was almost done with it , i banged my car in a bus today because he breaked suddenly in the middle of the road.

The car is insured and the damage is not big though not minor , but this has hurt my confidence a lot. Please help me cheer up , i never thought after driving for so many months that i could hit my car.It was embarrassing :cry:
Don't worry bro. By next time, practise an emergency routine. When I was very conscious about driving, I use to prepare myself mentally as to what to do when something wrong happens. As a routine, every time you start the car practise mentally to leave everything else and
1) to hit the brake and clutch with full force.
2) to hit the hand brake along with 1) for when just slowing down wont do(like when a person is standing in front of the car and you noticed late).

I never had to use them because our shitty old Santro won't go faster than a cart :undecided:. But it helped me get confidence because I convinced myself that at least no one would die.

I have been learning how to drive for quite some time now and just when i thought i was almost done with it , i banged my car in a bus today because he breaked suddenly in the middle of the road.

The car is insured and the damage is not big though not minor , but this has hurt my confidence a lot. Please help me cheer up , i never thought after driving for so many months that i could hit my car.It was embarrassing :cry:

Arjun MK2 --- book it now! ;) kidding, as long as you ar alright.. everything is fine... **** happens

Try driving with one hand on the wheel, when you first go from two hand to one hand, its a whole different feeling. I personally think with one hand you get a lot more control on the wheel. Alternate both hands, but use just one at a time. This is after you pass your driving test, of course.

Thats exactly how my dad taught me to drive...

Don't worry Senorita aise Badde Badde desho aisi choti cheeze hoti rehti hai......Btw i had banged my car and scooter 20-22 times.....2 times involved in fight because of accident 1 baar mara tha....Dusri baar mein akela tha aur samne do pehalwan salo ne bahut pela tha.....

I once had an accident in front of the police station. One of the Police Officer became witness of that accident report and the responsibility was rightfully ascertained on the female 'gori' driving behind my car. I was willing to let her go by her beautiful smile but had to complete the formalities since the police officer and the police was involved/witnessed it.

Take my example - I have been in accidents few times but it has not bothered me.

1. Rammed my Ambassador into the back of a tata truck between Chennai and Trichy - literally ran underneath the truck
2. Hit an old man who tried crossing a heavy traffic area in Chennai and was booked for causing grevious injury - I think it was section IPC 338
3. My camry in 2004 got smashed in an intersection when I did not have the right of the way in US.
4. My camry got totalled back in 2005 when a guy with 1 month old baby in the backseat rearended mine.

S**t happens. Get on with the life. You will see more in future.

Alhumdulillah, never in my life. At least not while I was driving.

Don't worry bro. By next time, practise an emergency routine. When I was very conscious about driving, I use to prepare myself mentally as to what to do when something wrong happens. As a routine, every time you start the car practise mentally to leave everything else and
1) to hit the brake and clutch with full force.
2) to hit the hand brake along with 1) for when just slowing down wont do(like when a person is standing in front of the car and you noticed late).

I never had to use them because our shitty old Santro won't go faster than a cart :undecided:. But it helped me get confidence because I convinced myself that at least no one would die.

bhai saab believe me its little use....when in an emergency situation its your reflexes and instinct that matter and they get improved over time. Whatever you think that you will do this, that..the mind becomes totally blank at that precise moment and your instincts automatically takes over.

The only thing i do before starting my bike/car is think God for a moment....

Take my example - I have been in accidents few times but it has not bothered me.

1. Rammed my Ambassador into the back of a tata truck between Chennai and Trichy - literally ran underneath the truck
2. Hit an old man who tried crossing a heavy traffic area in Chennai and was booked for causing grevious injury - I think it was section IPC 338
3. My camry in 2004 got smashed in an intersection when I did not have the right of the way in US.
4. My camry got totalled back in 2005 when a guy with 1 month old baby in the backseat rearended mine.

S**t happens. Get on with the life. You will see more in future.

mamu... you are almost higway verrapann...jokes apart... even the thought of an baby on board during any mishap scares the bejessses outta me

I don't understand how people drive in South Asia. There are little or no walking signals and footpaths when it comes to pedestrians who wish to cross. What i have also noticed is that there is absolutely no culture of car signals and road lane divisions. The driving licenses are too easy to get and therefore because of this one finds that the actual road itself is a complete mess.

Back
Top Bottom