What's new

Banged my car in a bus today

I got my license really late - I was 21 I think. My mom just never let me apply for one. Back then you know there weren't as many radars and driving speed limits were just FYI. Not as much traffic either. You need parental consent here if you're a student on their visa.

By then I had also applied for a date in Galadari Driving institute as it was new and I heard they were handing out licenses like anything, I already had a file opened there before my test with maroor and voila in the next three days I got my license.

So 1st-ish as I never got my first try. The license thing goes through phases sometimes they make it really hard sometimes really easy. In my parents' time they used to host banquets when anyone got a license it was that hard and my mom got it on her first ever try back in the 80s.

Usually guys who have been driving in Pakistan always fail like 10-15 times. It takes that long to get the Pakistani driver out of you.

You get the lucky tag then!!!

IMO, it all depends on the mood of the instructor. If he comes after a fight with his wife, he will stop you on irritating things, and keep frustrating you, and not pass you. But if he has a good day, he takes only a 5minute final drive, and on an empty road without anything, you get your job done!!!

I've seen a Indian get a license even after breaking STOP signs repeatedly!!!

And then, I have also seen a Pakistani try 8 times for the license, going financially empty in the process!!! Now, he has given up for sometime!!!

Of course I DID do some stupid stuff in my college years, which I won't advise to people, speeding IS WRONG. Hitting 200kph is WRONG :P.

Back then if you are driving from Garhoud Bridge to Sharjah, it was so easy to find yourself in a race situation. We took it as a good activity to kill time to reach Sharjah (where I went to uni - everyday!).

My tries? 1st-ish. I went for my first try at the maroor (when they mostly had tests at the maroor), I was the 4th guy and we ran into massive traffic on the Al Mulla Roundabout road due to some accident (back when it was a roundabout), I drove for 5 mins in 1st gear (back then guys only got to do manual), then the cop said khali wali, do u-turn. Went back then he gives me another date, quicker and says we'll do this again. The whole place was just un-exittable.

Now you can't imagine hitting 140 from Garhoud bridge to Sharjah!! Although Emirates road is a good place to get some action!!!

And then, I have also seen a Pakistani try 8 times for the license, going financially empty in the process!!! Now, he has given up for sometime!!!

Yaar ghareeb people fail more, since they have this tension on the back of their minds ke if they don't pass aglay din ki roti kahan se khayenge? If your license means THAT much to you, then its a miracle how you will pass! Thats why college kids get it most easily as they drive without a care, since their parents are footing the bill...

Also a strict instructor helps a lot. A soft one would not weave out your problems. The first time I started driving my instructor pissed me off big time. Yeh kya kar rahay ho, woh kya kia? Tum toh anaari ho... But they do that purposely to make you get a feel of pressure and make you obedient. Their goal is to make you PASS. So you should listen to them to the LETTER. Even the faaltu things they say.

It seems that you were 'tail-gatin' him. Not a wise thing to do. But don't let that get you down. Driving is mainly about anticipation. Just get back on the road. Cheers!

You know the thing is , it was a very high traffic situation and every time i would give space some other car would try to barge in from the side. So i decided to give less space between me and the bus and the buswala suddenly stopped in the middle of the road for passengers , didn't even bother to take the bus to the side of the road . But yeah i was kinda tail-gating him. It was a mistake.

Yaar ghareeb people fail more, since they have this tension on the back of their minds ke if they don't pass aglay din ki roti kahan se khayenge? If your license means THAT much to you, then its a miracle how you will pass! Thats why college kids get it most easily as they drive without a care, since their parents are footing the bill...

Agree with this part. That is why I believe that you should get the license early on, so no problems later on, when every tension in the world seems to be on you.

A problem with Pak drivers also seems to be reversing the car. They literally turn their back to the rear to look, while the instructor demands that it should be from the mirror.

That is a big problem and a popular reason for failures in tests.

Also a strict instructor helps a lot. A soft one would not weave out your problems. The first time I started driving my instructor pissed me off big time. Yeh kya kar rahay ho, woh kya kia? Tum toh anaari ho... But they do that purposely to make you get a feel of pressure and make you obedient. Their goal is to make you PASS. So you should listen to them to the LETTER. Even the faaltu things they say.

Not surprising

You give your best when there is no tension in your mind

I have been learning how to drive for quite some time now and just when i thought i was almost done with it , i banged my car in a bus today because he breaked suddenly in the middle of the road.

The car is insured and the damage is not big though not minor , but this has hurt my confidence a lot. Please help me cheer up , i never thought after driving for so many months that i could hit my car.It was embarrassing :cry:

I did the same some time ago.

Was tailgating a bus on the way to work. Suddenly he stops to pick up passengers.

I also stop.

I am meanwhile looking in my right ORVM at a moron who had cut me and I had subsequently overtaken and taught him a lesson in urban racing.

He started to come out of his lane seeing me stopped, so I also come out of my lane - all the while keeping him in my sights thru the ORVM.

Problem was by then bus had also moved into right lane.

I adjusted speed, but for some reason he braked, and at around 10 kmph I rammed into his backside.

5K for bumper repair and re-paint.

I did the same some time ago.

Was tailgating a bus on the way to work. Suddenly he stops to pick up passengers.

I also stop.

I am meanwhile looking in my right ORVM at a moron who had cut me and I had subsequently overtaken and taught him a lesson in urban racing.

He started to come out of his lane seeing me stopped, so I also come out of my lane - all the while keeping him in my sights thru the ORVM.

Problem was by then bus had also moved into right lane.

I adjusted speed, but for some reason he braked, and at around 10 kmph I rammed into his backside.

5K for bumper repair and re-paint.

Lol , it's actually quite similar to what happened with me.

I was in a friend's car. It was a jeep and he flipped it over 4 times. My insides hurt and my adrenalin was rushing. The first thing I did when I got out was scream at him, then punched him in the stomach as hard as I could.

And let me tell you this idiot was not even drunk, Just a novice driver that thought he could speed.

Well...that's nothing...

My dad drove my uncle's Morris with his friends. Flipped over in a ditch leaving all his friends injured and himself in mental shock.

My dad never drove ever since :woot:

Back
Top Bottom