What's new

Attack Helicopter Match-Ups: India vs. Pakistan

I am sure you are an equal fanboy,

Your father worked for 34 years? Then maybe he can/you can provide us with source and credible information on why the LCA has been so delayed.......and continues to be.

Why don't you go and ask PAPA China how did it took 31 years to design WZ-10 and still continuing test flights of prototype using foreign build engines?

Hint: No country sold its attack chopper to China for reverse engineering.

It isnt easy for any country to jump 2 gen ahead..... We had a second gen aircraft marut, then LCA which is meant to be 4+ gen aircraft... Now let me give u a small example, France as we all know Is a well experienced producer of aircrafts, but what took them 25+ years to develop Dassault Rafale and make it fully operational?

First of all marut wasnt indian.It was liscene produced or assembled watever.
LCA which is meant to be a 4+ gen arcraft is taking almost 6 decades and immense russian,israeli .european help and still it aint nowhere to induct in active service while the french made a 100% indegenous jet in just 25 years.And Pakistan and China made a jet in record time and now are looking at Block 2?
:rofl:

My question was not stupid, your answer is.

How come your requirements are fulfilled by a chopper made in west according to their conditions. Can you operate your choppers in leh like Indian army ?

LCH is light combat helicopter while hind is heavy combat heli. Both are of different classes.

If you can get Cobras in 25% of quoted price, would you leave that offer and go for full price ? Why don't you assemble your own chopper and save considerable amount of money ?

WZ-10 was also made from foreign collaboration and imported parts. So ditch the Cobra deal and come up with your own design to save 75% cost.

Your question was indeed stupid and now you have come up with even more stupid analogy but then again it suits you. Leaving aside your usual BS, for the bold part there is something called evaluation something India is right now doing for their MRCA, we evaluated and found the product to be in match with our requirements. By the way just for the information Pakistan is operating Cobras for a long time now and we have the infrastructure to fully support it and hence their is no need for us to initiate another program as of now.

Why don't you go and ask PAPA China how did it took 31 years to design WZ-10 and still continuing test flights of prototype using foreign build engines?

Hint: No country sold its attack chopper to China for reverse engineering.

Why dont u go and ask BAPU russian and Step daddy israel why wwith all there help MAM india isnt ready to fly the super doper LCA since 6 decades?

LCA which is meant to be a 4+ gen arcraft is taking almost 6 decades and immense russian,israeli .european help and still it aint nowhere to induct in active service while the french made a 100% indegenous jet in just 25 years.And Pakistan and China made a jet in record time and now are looking at Block 2?

Congrats to China and Pakistan. Now don't derail the thread.

Ice cold, you jumped in between. Mr.Growler has called everyone here pathological liars. I have said nothing about JF-17 and your logic sounds like 2 wrongs make things right ?

Did i? The trend is followed by Indians everywhere and at every time. You reply to one and then there are 10 more waiting to get a piece of you.
As for jumping in, i never wanted too, i knew where this thread was heading but one of your trash talkers Mr.Imran over stepped the line by insulting every Pakistani and that includes me.

HF marut was designed by kurt tank, who at that time was working for Hindustan aeronotics. India has developed engines and radars for LCA, which we have given it to those experianced in the field for correcting our mistakes in it and untill they get rectified we have nothing but to look for foreign engines and radars.... Its difficult for you to understand unless u google it... and france made it in 25 yrs because it has experiance in that field, and still took 25 years.... And Pakistans contribution to JF-17? if Iam allowed to ask that question in this forum:coffee:

Did i? The trend is followed by Indians everywhere and at every time. You reply to one and then there are 10 more waiting to get a piece of you.
As for jumping in, i never wanted too, i knew where this thread was heading but one of your trash talkers Mr.Imran over stepped the line by insulting every Pakistani and that includes me.

:rofl: OK ow chill :cheers:

Join, lets stick to the topic please.

This thread has indeed turned to trash. Mods kindly close it.

Your question was indeed stupid and now you have come up with even more stupid analogy but then again it suits you. Leaving aside your usual BS, for the bold part there is something called evaluation something India is right now doing for their MRCA, we evaluated and found the product to be in match with our requirements.By the way just for the information Pakistan is operating Cobras for a long time now and we have the infrastructure to fully support it and hence their is no need for us to initiate another program as of now.

Like if Pakistan decides to come up with Home build Chopper, they will do it in seconds without any effort. Buddy, there is no AQ Khan in aviation industry.

I will rest my case by quoting AQ Khan's words.

"The speed of our work and our achievements surprised our worst enemies and adversaries and the West stood helplessly by to see a Third World nation, unable even to produce bicycle chains or sewing needles, mastering the most advanced nuclear technology in the shortest possible span of time,"

:lol: :lol: :rofl:

HF marut was designed by kurt tank, who at that time was working for Hindustan aeronotics. India has developed engines and radars for LCA, which we have given it to those experianced in the field for correcting our mistakes in it... Its difficult for you to understand unless u google it... and france made it in 25 yrs because it has experiance in that field, and still took 25 years.... And Pakistans contribution to JF-17? if Iam allowed to ask that question in this forum:coffee:

The Marut was designed by the famed German designer Kurt Tank, but never realised its full potential due to insufficient power
Which engine are u talking about?
I heard u were still in testing tht kaveri engine and tht it was almost impossiable for use till next decade and u were looking for some other engine coz its under powered ??
Even with 6 decades and tons of russian and israeli help what?
Here by some indian journalist
By Siva Govindasamy

India's Tejas light combat aircraft could use a foreign powerplant until the middle of the next decade, due to ongoing problems with the development of an indigenous engine. The LCA is scheduled to enter service with the Indian air force in 2011,

The state-owned Gas Turbine Research Establishment (GTRE) has spent Rp20 billion ($411 million) developing the indigenous Kaveri engine since 1989, but the powerplant is still overweight and does not have the 21,000-22,500lb of thrust (93-100kN) that its customer requires.

The difficulties led to the Aeronautical Development Agency, which is developing the Tejas, ordering General Electric F404-IN20 engines last year to power the aircraft. These will ensure that the fighter, which has also been plagued by other delays, achieves initial operational capability by the end of next year and enters service in 2011.

© Aeronautical Development Agency

Now, the agency is likely to place an order for GE F414 engines this year to power another 20 fighters, says M Natarajan, secretary of India's Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), which oversees the ADA. "The first two LCA squadrons, consisting of 20 jets each, will be fitted with General Electric engines. The subsequent squadrons could fly with an upgraded version of [the] Kaveri engine," he says.

The ADA is working with the GTRE and the air force to improve the Kaveri. Natarajan reiterates that the programme will not be scrapped. "A team of air force engineers is working with GTRE and ADA in addressing the issues. As an ongoing project, the air force will be involved at the point of integrating the upgraded version of the engine with the aircraft," he adds.

The GTRE is also likely to work with French engine manufacturer Snecma on the Kaveri, although the two sides have yet to reach an agreement for joint development and testing, and for the transfer of technology and manufacturing. "Discussions with Snecma have been going on for two years," says Natarajan. "Development and flight-testing of the new engine will take at least five to six years."

Separately, a higher-thrust version of the Kaveri will also power India's proposed medium combat aircraft development. The ADA is working with the air force to develop the model, which it hopes will eventually replace Dassault Mirage fighters and Sepecat Jaguar strike aircraft. It will also supplement the service's Sukhoi Su-30MKIs, Tejas and new medium multirole combat aircraft that India will order in the next few years
About JF-17 we arent crying 100% indegenous jet we built.Are we?
Try avionics,design,\DSI design etc.

Back
Top Bottom