What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

Why? Here's why:

A trial is not going to do anything except prove that the gun fires properly, and at the right initial velocity, that the engines can run for so long without any major breakdowns, and that the electronics work. It most definitely is not going to give the Arjun the recognition and credibility that the M1 gets for notoriously taking down two T-72's simultaneously or withstanding 125's from a point blank distance.

Why they have so many confidence?:coffee:I am confused,byebye too

-Withstood but heavily damaged+immobilized?

-T-90 was used in the Georgian war only two years ago, add to the fact that it was constantly deployed to fend off Cherneyans (Need Spell check on that).

As a side note, I hate Russians, no love for the T-90 from me.

No real tank war they faced in both this situations dude..still you are saying its world class :disagree: but arguing Arjun is not ..

One of the above poster trolls in all the Arjun related thread.

guess who ??
:azn:

He is trying to sooth himself actually. He think bashing Arjun will make it ineffectual when he will open its flood gates during war.

Arjun is a beast and a separate platform. India is dealing with two best tanks where T-90 is more reliable due to its history. Arjun is an ultra modern tank in an effort to prove its point. Of Course IA love T-90 but at the end of the day we be having surplus machines running over enemy CP.

No, no, no! Another reason, and a major reason, that Arjuns are being mass produced is that it gives India a hands on approach of designing its own equipment, so that it has confidence in itself and can continue upgrading and tweaking it so that in the end, it does eventually best other tanks in India's inventory. However, as of now, there are no promises that this Arjun proves anywhere near its paper specs.

Very true on the necessity of hands on approach of indegenous design. Which is even more critical as India modifies/manufactures INdia specific T-90s

However on the second part, I think its looking promising now with the recent noises coming out of the armed forces which have been the staunchest supporter of T-90 imports over Arjun.

Even if Arjun underperforms the T90 by a small margin, its still worth while continuing with the line as its the step in the right direction. Consider this. The cost of Arjun program till date has been close to $80 million (saw the figure in this thread only), which seems like a large number but compare this with approx $ 350 million that Tata's invested in designing and productionizing the Nano (a 650 cc car). Ranbaxy (a medium pharma company in india) spends more than that in a single year on its R&D. This is also less than the cost of constructing 25 km (16 miles) of expressway in india.

Well here's looking forward to a repeat of Mahabharta (Arjun vs Bhishma) with the same results.. :azn:

al least indian army chief admit their night war capabilties is just 30% while pak is 80% AND CHINA IS 100%-SO WATS BENIF OF ARJUN???????

No, no, no! Another reason, and a major reason, that Arjuns are being mass produced is that it gives India a hands on approach of designing its own equipment, so that it has confidence in itself and can continue upgrading and tweaking it so that in the end, it does eventually best other tanks in India's inventory. However, as of now, there are no promises that this Arjun proves anywhere near its paper specs.

That's why DRDO bought in a 3rd party audit team to examine and evaluate the tank. The IA claims were put to the test and the the audit commission found there was nothing wrong with the tank, and that it met all design requirements.

Arjun tanks were subjected to rigorous trials and assessment by a third party audit (an internationally reputed tank manufacturer). After the extensive evaluation, the reputed tank manufacturer confirmed that the MBT Arjun is an excellent tank with very good mobility and fire power characteristics suitable for Indian desert. They also added inputs such as quality auditing, production procedures and refined calibration procedures for further enhancing the performance of MBT Arjun. DRDO, will be incorporating all these inputs in the next regiment of 62 tanks for handing over to Army before Mar 2010 as desired by the Army.

PIB Press Release

Haha, hilarious! Having 1.5K bhp @ ~60t is world class now? Basically, if I integrate 3 twin turbos and add a few weigts to my car+throw in a few machines guns, my car would become a world class tank too? Buddy, it's not about the paper specs, but rather about the secret features which it holds. Why is the M1 such a featured tank? Answer? It's depleted U armor, capable of fending off multiple 125's.

So if it cant trump American Tech it should be cast aside is that it.

Even that would be unfortunately not enough. For the stereotypical "comparative trial," it only consists of a fire control test and an engine run. However, it would require an actual combat to prove the worthiness of this tank so it won't be soon the Arjun becomes a world class tank.

The trial is more complicated then just that. Its not about what tank is better.

But which tank best fulfills the army's retirements.

For example the IA has overheating problems with both the Arjun and T-90 in the rajastan desert.

While DRDO made specialized cooling systems for effected systems.

the Russians installed an Air conditioners in the T-90 and said that would do the trick.:what:

Now the Russians are known for their simple solutions, so there system may very well be effective.

But that's what these trials are to find out.

Which on of these tanks can best fit the requirements of the army.

The Indian military total failure to support indengious Arjun & LCA is a joke.

Both the Arjun & the LCA are modern on paper then the russian counterparts ie T90 & MIG21/MIG29.

Yet the Army & the Air force want Russian or other imported hardware.

TAKE A LEAF OUT OF PAKISTANS book.

JF17 THUNDER is clearly inferior to F16/52 and certainly no match for SU30MKI yet the PAF are stil happy to induct it appears and steadily improve.

LOOK AT THE INDIAN NAVY building frigates destroyers and now nuke subs and a new 40k tonne carrier.

THE ARMY & AIR FORCE are letting india,s indengious efforts down.

Don't drag the IAF down to the corrupt hole of the IA.

They have neglected in the past. But they fully support domestic industry today. taking an active participation in development programs.

Even supporting RnD in ISRO.

Once they get rid of the old mig fleets, they can focus more in Domestic.

Arjun vs. T-90, that's the guts of it isn't it? Obviously, paper specs only, nothing rock solid.

It's not about what is better.

Its about which tank suits the Indian Army's requirements best.

It may be T-90 vs Arjun but the battle is not for, I am better title.

But which tank works better for IA.

And have you put your simulators to good use? Put them up against much foes and proved decisive victories as of late?

That's what this trial is to decide the IA needs a tank that meets its requirements best. Which is that T-90 or Arjun

Let's see how many Arjun tank will IA purchase since so many positive comments by Indian.

I believe IA will give us a indirect answer for Arjun performance.

Let's see how many Arjun tank will IA purchase since so many positive comments by Indian.

I believe IA will give us a indirect answer for Arjun performance.

Its all decide only after the field trials..if Arjun fails then DRDO guy has to get back to their labs and make another attempt to devalop it further and rectify the faults :)

Its all decide only after the field trials..if Arjun fails then DRDO guy has to get back to their labs and make another attempt to devalop it further and rectify the faults :)

In another word, continue extend the 38 years another year or so? MY feeling is that if it take 38 years to build a tank and it can't be done. 50-60 years won't make much of a difference. It need a redesign. Why won't India save the design money and just buy more T-90 and use the money else where if Arjun turn out to be a flop.

The engineers will realize what get them the job security.

Back
Top Bottom