What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

stil happy to induct it appears and steadily improve.
right,what I mean is to steadily improve,one step after another

Dude are you here to troll ??where did it say its going to induct Arjun??they are only doing the comparitive trials..:hitwall:

So what do u suggest should the IA do?? through the Arjun project in a bin and import T-90 just coz Arjun hasnt been battle proven....?

Similar thing can be said about ur F-22's which are not battle proven ..just some simulations ...

If you scroll up, I wrote somewhere that India is heading off in the right direction. With time, the Arjun will prove itself to be a marvelous piece of work after numerous tweakings etc.

True the F-22 hasn't met actual warfare scenarios, however, what's wrong with simulations. All fluid behavior and dynamics of the jet has been taken account of, so things would go similarly, if not exactly the same in real life. Now let me ask, is there a simulator for the Arjun which it passed in?

DRDO may have had repeated failures in the past..but does that mean it would never succeed ...?? or shud it give up just bcoz the army generals for selfish reasons/egoism doesnt want to accept a fair trial??

Also u should read the articles posted where its quite clear the problem is not the tanks or for that matter the soldiers(who are more than happy with Arjuns) but its mentality of the top brass of army..even the MOD is supporting Arjun rigidly...

A sincere request, before making any comments like soldiers getting killed, try reading a few facts atleast from wiki...(not always true but mostly correct)
:cheers:

I just mean that no one can make sure this before the test,and personally I think only one designer org( DRDO)is harmful for Indian denfence

I just mean that no one can make sure this before the test,and personally I think only one designer org( DRDO)is harmful for Indian denfence

Dude thats what the comparitive trial is all about?to determine which one is better..just wait till the trials is over...and BTW how many designer organisation China have..no trolling i dont know..just share some light on it ..thanks in advance :)

Dude thats what the comparitive trial is all about?to determine which one is better..just wait till the trials is over...and BTW how many designer organisation China have..no trolling i dont know..just share some light on it ..thanks in advance :)

A trial is not going to do anything except prove that the gun fires properly, and at the right initial velocity, that the engines can run for so long without any major breakdowns, and that the electronics work. It most definitely is not going to give the Arjun the recognition and credibility that the M1 gets for notoriously taking down two T-72's simultaneously or withstanding 125's from a point blank distance.

702402e4fd3d17492d2540c9fd7a1db6.jpg

30255b1b7d27a1fc009a32c25412938f.png
Thanks for these infos, but are these cost figures correct? If yes, how come that the Arjun is only $500 000 less expensive than the Leopard 2, or the Leclerc tank? European arms normally are pretty expensive and such a slight difference will be a problem for Arjun exports.

No,No,No,I also hope the Arjun can fit the military request,but all above is said by the designer and producer,it should be repeated tested by army,it is used by army and only the army can decide this.

But when I was a child,I heard the Arjun tank,and now 36 years has past since 1974,In the world tank has gone through several generations.Many times the DRDO gave people a big Balloon and be punctured soon,so it is difficult to believe the DRDO

DRDO continues to develop sophisticated and advance system for Arjun. Following is a news item.

DRDO to make indigenous Arjun tank more hi-tech

Chennai, Feb 25 (IANS) The Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) will be developing around 12 futuristic systems in five years for incorporation into India’s first indigenously built Arjun main battle tank (MBT), an official said here Wednesday.”The futuristic technology systems include automatic target tracking, defensive aids, laser warning, tank simulator systems. We are looking at developing robotic vehicles that would work on tele-link,” R. Jayakumar, associate director of the DRDO’s Combat Vehicles Research and Development Establishment (CVRDE), told reporters.

The organisation also plans to automate the tracking of targets.

“With the firing and mobility powers of the tank being satisfactory, the focus is now on making the vehicle invisible to the enemy through development of detection avoidance and laser warning systems,” said Jayakumar.

“After undergoing simulator training, a soldier can comfortably operate the vehicle,” said Jayakumar.

The research organisation has transferred the technology to the Heavy Vehicles Factory in Avadi town.

“More than 10,000 drawings running into around 2,000 pages have been passed on to the vehicle manufacturer,” Sundaresh said.

Asked about the delays in developing the tank, officials said the army froze its specifications only in November 1985.

“The tank was unveiled in 1995. It takes at least 10 years for any country to develop a battle tank from the scratch. The army put the pre-production tanks (15 units) to rigorous tests totalling more than 70,000 km and fired over 7,000 rounds. No other tank would have undergone such tests,” said Jayakumar.

If you scroll up, I wrote somewhere that India is heading off in the right direction. With time, the Arjun will prove itself to be a marvelous piece of work after numerous tweakings etc.

True the F-22 hasn't met actual warfare scenarios, however, what's wrong with simulations. All fluid behavior and dynamics of the jet has been taken account of, so things would go similarly, if not exactly the same in real life. Now let me ask, is there a simulator for the Arjun which it passed in?

Thats the point....in one of the trials and Independent evaluation(dont remember german/ israeli) the Arjun came out trumps...and was accepted to be superior by all except the top brass of army...
so they have a retrial and a final one, so that all apprehensions are cleared once and for all..... what is wrong with that and why are u arguing that the trial wont make it world class,etc..atleast if it gives better results/even results we can have both of them working parallelly... which will reduce the dependence on Russia in future..

Thats the point....in one of the trials and Independent evaluation(dont remember german/ israeli) the Arjun came out trumps...and was accepted to be superior by all except the top brass of army...
so they have a retrial and a final one, so that all apprehensions are cleared once and for all..... what is wrong with that and why are u arguing that the trial wont make it world class,etc..atleast if it gives better results/even results we can have both of them working parallelly... which will reduce the dependence on Russia in future..

Your Arjun went through trials, our F-22's went through combat simulations. There is a heap of difference between the two, buddy.

Why? Here's why:

A trial is not going to do anything except prove that the gun fires properly, and at the right initial velocity, that the engines can run for so long without any major breakdowns, and that the electronics work. It most definitely is not going to give the Arjun the recognition and credibility that the M1 gets for notoriously taking down two T-72's simultaneously or withstanding 125's from a point blank distance.

Simulators for Arjun Main Battle Tank produced

The simulators have been designed to impart cost effective and exhaustive training for the use of Arjun tanks, whose mass production is already in progress, top DRDO officials said.

As a novel method away from world's leading tank makers, the Avadi-based establishment instead of a single simulator has developed a chain of three simulators to make gunner familiar to complex technology in the indigenous MBT.

The first of the three simulators meant to impart classroom gunnery training aims at teaching the gunners various controls and switches of tank gunnery operations with the help of simple mouse click.

The second simulator imparts hands on experience on operation procedure of the tanks integrated fire control system and has jointly been produced by CVRDE and Bangalore-based CASSA company.

The third simulator produced gives the gunner full-fledged advanced procedural, laying, tracking and firing skills.

The Avadi company had produced the simulators in record 15 months and two such systems have already been commissioned, with the user training carried out on personnel of 43 armoured regiment.

"Their feedback has been received and incorporated in the new simulators," officials said.

Arjun already withstood a point blank shot from T-72 mate..is that count??BTW you said T-90 is a world class tank and Arjun is not because its not proove itself in a real combat situation..but you didnt answer me where did T-90 proove itself in a real combat tank war ? :)

Simulators for Arjun Main Battle Tank produced

The simulators have been designed to impart cost effective and exhaustive training for the use of Arjun tanks, whose mass production is already in progress, top DRDO officials said.

As a novel method away from world's leading tank makers, the Avadi-based establishment instead of a single simulator has developed a chain of three simulators to make gunner familiar to complex technology in the indigenous MBT.

The first of the three simulators meant to impart classroom gunnery training aims at teaching the gunners various controls and switches of tank gunnery operations with the help of simple mouse click.

The second simulator imparts hands on experience on operation procedure of the tanks integrated fire control system and has jointly been produced by CVRDE and Bangalore-based CASSA company.

The third simulator produced gives the gunner full-fledged advanced procedural, laying, tracking and firing skills.

The Avadi company had produced the simulators in record 15 months and two such systems have already been commissioned, with the user training carried out on personnel of 43 armoured regiment.

"Their feedback has been received and incorporated in the new simulators," officials said.

And have you put your simulators to good use? Put them up against much foes and proved decisive victories as of late?

Your Arjun went through trials, our F-22's went through combat simulations. There is a heap of difference between the two, buddy.

Funny some of your countrymens were bragging that simulations dont count..is it can change according to your needs?

Arjun already withstood a point blank shot from T-72 mate..is that count??BTW you said T-90 is a world class tank and Arjun is not because its not proove itself in a real combat situation..but you didnt answer me where did T-90 proove itself in a real combat tank war ? :)

-Withstood but heavily damaged+immobilized?

-T-90 was used in the Georgian war only two years ago, add to the fact that it was constantly deployed to fend off Cherneyans (Need Spell check on that).

As a side note, I hate Russians, no love for the T-90 from me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom