What's new

Are east Punjabies on path of self destruction?

I think its stupid to blame pakistan or afganistan... its a business and everybody is benefitting, from farmer to supplier. We should disrupt and stop it being distributed within our border.
Alcohol is not a problem, punjabis wont be punjabi without alcohol. lolz.
Where did I blame the Pakistanis ?

Where did I blame the Pakistanis ?
I replied you but was talking about another post in this thread to which op had replied (and you had repied to his reply) ... :) 
i remember i befriended a Sikh guy when i was in DC for studies; the guy was the biggest charsi i ever met (and ive met a lot)

anytime i visit his apartment he has no snack but has plenty of alcoholic bottles in his freezer :laugh:

funny part was he's a very observant Sikh....never trimmed his hair or took off his turban (it was a bandana)
punjabis like their drink... if he had bottles he is true punjabi.... which means nothing has changed and punjab is safe... :) 
E.Punjab needs Islam...

You see, without Islam, what disaster comes to a geography...

We need to spread the civilization of Islam to Punjab, too...
lolz... seeing what happening around the world, its time to tame and civilize islam... :hang2:

Last edited:
What a troll post ...... you have posted links of some book just to show off, without even reading how are these related to subject ...... 'Bihari is adopted in Pakistani Punjab' .... or that Birthis introduce Urdu in Punjab ...... ??

such a classic troll you are .....

As far as last of link Express tribune article is concern I can counter every point of it open a thread and tag me .....

Show me where I said so. After getting proved wrong, you are acting childish. :wacko:

Last edited:
While watching Punjabi songs on youtube - I came across this video. I knew that drugs are destroying Punjabies but didn't knew that situation is that much horrible..........

Want to know how true are the claims in this video

OP excellent thread. I'm going to try to answer this analytically, no trolling or emotional claptrap.

On a trip to India a couple of years ago a Sikh friend and I got talking about Punjab and for some reason the topic veered to Punjab. It was then that I was informed that 'Punjab was awash in drugs'. I could scarcely believe it but over the years the same story has been told in varying forms for me to believe it is true. Some people claim that it is destroying an entire generation; how true that is I do not know but can well believe it.

It is a fact that the drugs are originating from Afghanistan and Pakistan. I am not attaching any blame to Pakistan or Afghanistan as nations. Possibly the Pakistan state encourages this flow, but it is India's responsibility to counter it.

However I would caution you that the social impact of drug trafficking is likely to be significant in Pakistan, and Pakistani Punjab as well. It is an immutable rule of life- drugs taint everyone. I would be very interested in the social impact of these same drugs on your side of the border. If you or anyone else has any data, please do share.

Now as for 'Bihari' becoming the language of Punjab, that's arrant and xenophobic nonsense. Seasonal laborers from Bihar have been working in Punjabi owned farms for decades. It is but natural that some cultural exchange happens, but to say they are dominating is a paranoids' fantasy.

Coming back to drugs in Punjab, it is a significant problem and will challenge the social fabric unless we do something about it.

Finally:

E.Punjab needs Islam...

Spare us from the civilizing affects of Islam as seen in Saudi Arabia, Syria and Afghanistan. Has Islam stopped the fine tradition of Bacha baazi in Afghanistan? Or online searches for donkey **** in Pakistan?

So thank you, come again.

E.Punjab needs Islam...

You do know that a massive portion of world's opium originates from Afghanistan and even Pakistan, two Islamic countries?

Also, in Pakistan there are a lot of Opium addicts @EyelessInGaza, so yes the drug trafficking and addiction is very bad in Pakistan as well, not sure if its at the same level as in indian punjab/north west india but its not insignificant either.

Also, in Pakistan there are a lot of Opium addicts @EyelessInGaza, so yes the drug trafficking and addiction is very bad in Pakistan as well, not sure if its at the same level as in indian punjab/north west india but its not insignificant either.

Cheers. People living in Indian Punjab may be able to give a better picture, but as an outsider I have heard some grim stories.

On a related note, I don't consider alcohol as an example of drug abuse, because (a) My personal (FWIW) definition of drugs does not include liquor and (b) the consumption of liquor among Punjabis, including Sikhs, has always been open, and copious (despite whatever Sikh religion may say)!

OP excellent thread. I'm going to try to answer this analytically, no trolling or emotional claptrap.

On a trip to India a couple of years ago a Sikh friend and I got talking about Punjab and for some reason the topic veered to Punjab. It was then that I was informed that 'Punjab was awash in drugs'. I could scarcely believe it but over the years the same story has been told in varying forms for me to believe it is true. Some people claim that it is destroying an entire generation; how true that is I do not know but can well believe it.

It is a fact that the drugs are originating from Afghanistan and Pakistan. I am not attaching any blame to Pakistan or Afghanistan as nations. Possibly the Pakistan state encourages this flow, but it is India's responsibility to counter it.

However I would caution you that the social impact of drug trafficking is likely to be significant in Pakistan, and Pakistani Punjab as well. It is an immutable rule of life- drugs taint everyone. I would be very interested in the social impact of these same drugs on your side of the border. If you or anyone else has any data, please do share.

Now as for 'Bihari' becoming the language of Punjab, that's arrant and xenophobic nonsense. Seasonal laborers from Bihar have been working in Punjabi owned farms for decades. It is but natural that some cultural exchange happens, but to say they are dominating is a paranoids' fantasy.

Coming back to drugs in Punjab, it is a significant problem and will challenge the social fabric unless we do something about it.

Pakistan being transit route of afghan trade is also victim but Punjab is relatively in better position than other Provinces --- Most used drug in Pakistan's Punjab is "Charas" which is not dangerous like Cocaine or Opium. But still drugs even few people are addicted is not a good sign but at the moment i am more worried of extremism in Pakistani Punjab than drugs. But Karachi looks in terrible condition

Here is this year report over drugs in Pakistan ---> 6.4 million drug addicts in Pakistan - thenews.com.pk

i'm a punjabi
nd this is a serious problem in punjab.....
i my life i came to knw about 20-30 boys of my age(17-20) consuming drugs(only drugs...if i count in alchohol the fig will shoot up ^^^)

Show me where I said so. After getting proved wrong, you are acting childish. :wacko:

well you have ever bothered from which post this Urdu / Bangali discussion started ..... troll you are posting just for sake of posting ..... :cheesy:

British introduced Urdu among Punjabis. All the medieval Muslims poets of Punjab wrote in Punjabi while in British time it shifted to Urdu. 

Its copycat of polished Lucknowi Urdu. 

Bihari is considered as the dialects of Hindi/Urdu.

Really!!!!How?!Prove it!!!!
(Make sure you make a 'Valid' point!!!

The concern of punjabistanis would be better spent on their own non Punjabi people they are scre%ing over for decades.

And the same old bullcr@p about Urdu, while suits your intelligence, adds nothing to the thread.

The concern of punjabistanis would be better spent on their own non Punjabi people they are scre%ing over for decades.

And the same old bullcr@p about Urdu, while suits your intelligence, adds nothing to the thread.

Just like most of the Injins speak a form of 'Persianized Hindi', consequently thinking its 'Pure Hindi'! Hmmmmm.......

Back
Top Bottom