What's new

Ajmal Kasab's Indian trial

Malabar Hill too was a target: Nikam

Mumbai: Opening the prosecution's argument in the 26/11 terror attack trial, special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam made a startling revelation on Friday.

He told the special court that eight of the alleged Lashkar-e-Tayiba (LeT) terrorists had landed at Badhwar Park in a speed boat on the night of November 26, while the remaining two had proceeded to Hotel Oberoi near Nariman Point. Badhwar Park, he said, had a special significance in the case as co-accused Faheem Ansari too had attempted to get accommodation in that locality prior to his arrest.

The mission, Nikam said, was plotted in a manner to disrupt tourist activities in Mumbai by targeting areas frequented by them. Malabar Hill too was among the targets, he added.

Nikam told the court that Pakistan was breeding "strategic terror culture" with the help of professionals. He said that the use of sophisticated weapons and the intelligence training given to terrorists, as was told by Mohammed Ajmal Amir in his confession of February 17, reeked of the involvement of professionally-trained individuals.

Although Nikam did not name the Pakistani ISI, he said that Colonel R Sadatullah of the special communications organisation in Rawalpindi had accessed an email account (kharaktelco@yahoo.com) belonging to a slain terrorist. The account had been created to use Call Phonex, a call service provider. Through it, the terrorists had communicated with Pakistan from Hotel Oberoi and Nariman House.

"Why had he (Sadatullah) opened the account of a deceased terrorist? What was their connection?" Nikam said. He said that further investigations would unravel that the terror attacks had not just aimed to take 166 lives. Its objective was something far more diabolical.

Reading excerpts from the confession statements, Nikam said that the accused were told to spare the Muslims, if possible. But they were told to fire indiscriminately at the CST, he added

Others were told to shoot like Ajmal

Mumbai: The charges against Mohammed Ajmal Amir includes the murder of Amarsingh Solanki, a sailor on the Indian trawler, Kuber. Special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam told the court that Ajmal himself had "beheaded" Solanki with a knife.

Excerpts from Ajmal's confession statement were read before the special court. He had stated that on the 13th day of Ramzan, he and his companions were called by their trainers to the office of Baitul Mujahid.

There they met the "Major General Sahab", who wanted to test their preparation. They were each given an AK-47 rifle. Targets were laid out, and they were asked to fire single and then rapid shots."Major General Sahab" then asked who had shot target No 4.

When Ajmal said that he had, the "Major General Sahab" said, "Tumne pura target tahasnahas kar diya, hum bahut khush hue (You have completely torn down the target. I am very happy)." He told the the other nine shooters (now slain terrorists), "Is mujahideen jaise firing hona chahiye (You should fire like this Mujahideen)."

Isn't is funny that this Maj Gen comes in after Kasab has retracted his statement?

If someone can indoctrinate a man and send him on a suicidal mission with such physical standards as mentioned then my hats off to the trainers and the 'cadets'-as this is not possible.

Tumne pura target tahasnahas kar diya, hum bahut khush hue (You have completely torn down the target. I am very happy)." He told the the other nine shooters (now slain terrorists), "Is mujahideen jaise firing hona chahiye (You should fire like this Mujahideen)."

First of all, Pakistanis never use the royal 'we', hum for themselves, unless they are old fogies who claim to be from a nawab family or some such thing.

Secondly, the right term would have been the singularIs Mujahid, not Mujahideen, which is a plural. No Urdu/punjabi speaker could make this mistake. Apparently, whoever wrote this, was unaware that mujahideen is the plural for mujahid.

Very amateurish mistake.

Last edited:
Why would an old man like Hafiz Saeed, personally speak to these teenagers/tweenagers?

Wouldn't this 'mastermind' have hundreds of men to do this?

And a major general needs to come and give them ak-47s....? That they personally carried from this camp, all the way to Mumbai.

Ludicrous, and an affront to reason.

The names of Hafiz saeed and 'major general' have obviously been added for their tabloid value...It makes no sense for the two to meet any operatives, if by chance they were involved.

And by what sweet chance the lone survivor of a dozen/couple of dozen militants just happens to be the guy that slit the seaman's throat. What a coincidence.

"hum bahut khush hue "

The investigators are showing their lack of creativity by resorting to cheesy Hindi movie dialog now.

I can see Gulshan Grover saying that and then laughing maniacally ...:rolleyes:

or was it Amjad Khan in sholay ...

Agno and Darki you made my day..or i must say night. i was having such a pathetic time right now but you posts gave me a great laugh or i must say life..
Thnx again.

yes....I could just hear the word Mogambo in the back ground...

Hey come on quit it my baby is going to wake up because of my laughs.

i m going to send him to you then.

lolz...in the beginnning of that scene Agno, is that Hafiz Saeed flying in his helicopter, of the major general?

Must be the major general, who said....hehehahahah MAJOR GENERAL KHUS HUA...MUHUAHAHHAHA

OH I JUST SAW THE CLIP....MUST BE AJMAL KASAB BEING LFOWN IN BY HELICOPTER...LOLZ

Back
Top Bottom