What's new

Air Force Question Thread

Muse,
Its off topic. By the way are you advocating another military takeover. It only shows how stupid we are. Just came out of dictatorship and already fed up of democracy. A bad democracy is better than a good dictatorship. If you have brains try figuring out how much damage Pakistan has suffered because of one man shows.

Waste of money, F16 have been a pain in the rear end since the day Pakistan bought them, when sanctions come the jets get in all sorts of mechanical difficulties, with over priced parts and labour the F16 has been a hustle to maintain, we have very little knowledge on how to reproduce any of its parts, it would have been wiser to move towards French jets with complete ToT or Chinese Jets with complete ToT.

I think its 3 or 4 F16 that have been grounded due to mechanical failure they are now used as spares.

None of the F-16s are grounded, Yes it is true that when ever we are slapped by sanction we are in trouble. But at that time there are companies in Europe that buy the spares and give it to us bad thing about it is The front tire is for $5500/- in the black market it is for $10000/- Everything is double in price. Normally the spares come from turkey but mostly Israel.

ejaz

Why so personal? Stupid? no brains? If you cannot defend your position with reasonable argument, please do not attempt it but getting personal will get you in trouble.

Muradk made the point that equipment maintenance costs are double to us - perhaps for "democrats" that is a good thing, but I don't think ordinary Pakistanis will agree that it's a good thing.

Muse,

Perhaps you did not get the point. Your post indicates you are in favour of dictatorship. If this is the fact then tell me what should I call you?

As far as defensing myself. I have nothing to defend. I firmly believe in democracy and it is the only way forward for Pakistan. These military generals some people praise are nothing but trouble for Pakistan. If you ever get some time preferably early in the morning do sit down and analyse what happened to Pakistan under Ayub Khan, Zia ul Haq and Musharaf.

Don't take it personal but I am straight forward and shall remain that way.

Ejaz sahib while straight forwardness is a virtue, comments like "If you have brains try figuring out" will only lower the quality of the thread as you will get responses befitting such comments.

Thanks and now back to the topic.

Hello guys. come on Lets all be friends again. Now I have a question which has puzzled me. We have talked about the PAFs plans to acquire Mirage 2000-5 which were eventually scuppered. My question was the logic behind going for this platform. How would it have augmented our fleet and complimented F16s. or was it juist a case of no other platform available therefore----.
Thanks in advance for your response
Araz

I heard China is developing a naval version of the J10. Is Pakistan a part of that plan ?

Regards

Hello guys. come on Lets all be friends again. Now I have a question which has puzzled me. We have talked about the PAFs plans to acquire Mirage 2000-5 which were eventually scuppered. My question was the logic behind going for this platform. How would it have augmented our fleet and complimented F16s. or was it juist a case of no other platform available therefore----.Thanks in advance for your response
Araz

if i can remember it was a case of no other platform available - i believe ACM was Anwar Shamim who called it a "super duper" aircraft. the price-tag was US3 bill for 40 a/c and the french wanted hard cash for them.at the same time however there were reports (un-confirmed) that PAF pilots has test flown the MiG-29.

The Mirage 2000-5 have been flown by our pilots, on a regular occasions, in middle east, by operating pilots there, they were quite comfortable for them and as I believe the platform out flanked our F16 anyways by a mile, the platform was outstanding.

The Mirage 2000-5 have been flown by our pilots, on a regular occasions, in middle east, by operating pilots there, they were quite comfortable for them and as I believe the platform out flanked our F16 anyways by a mile, the platform was outstanding.

But thanks to your "L" Losers PPP leaders and 10% who only cared about their 10% commission!! PAF would have been in a very advantage edge with M-2000-5 and most probably French BVR missile would have acquired ultimately equipping both front line fighters F-16s and M-2000-5 with BVR! :yahoo:

Actually Mirage2000-5 was the first aircraft after the F-16s that PAF thought was capable enough to serve PAF as no additional F-16s were coming along. It was thought of as an alternate but a good one. However PAF have always thought that political strings aside, US hardware gives the biggest bang for the buck.
Also keep in mind that French are also susceptible to Western biases. They have put on hold things when they felt like it. So either the option should be "nothing western" or you deal with the Americans and the French. Nothing Western entails China which was not able to give the PAF the high-tech element that it desired.

i believe ACM was Anwar Shamim who called it a "super duper" aircraft. the price-tag was US3 bill for 40 a/c and the french wanted hard cash for them.

The Mirage 2000 deal was in the time of ACM Farooq Feroze Khan. The French were willing to provide financing but wanted a hefty down payment and then the rest of the balance paid within a rather short amount of time. The GoP agreed to this and then backed out (or the Government interest fizzled out). PAF evaluated the Mirage 2000 three times and out of those, 2 times the performance of the Mirage 2000 was found inferior to the F-16s an on the third time (M2k-5), it was found to be comparable and thus the PAF interest.

But thanks to your "L" Losers PPP leaders and 10% who only cared about their 10% commission!! PAF would have been in a very advantage edge with M-2000-5 and most probably French BVR missile would have acquired ultimately equipping both front line fighters F-16s and M-2000-5 with BVR! :yahoo:

Benazir finalized the deal with France for complete ToT on Agosta 90 submarines, why wasn't there any commissions and kick backs then, its inconsistent, and is a malice lie that always be a means to sling mud at Bhutto's.

Benazir finalized the deal with France for complete ToT on Agosta 90 submarines, why wasn't there any commissions and kick backs then, its inconsistent, and is a malice lie that always be a means to sling mud at Bhutto's.

There were kick-backs in this exact same deal...remember Adm Mansoor-ul-Haque? This happened during BB's time. He was BB's Naval Chief. Then came your buddy Nawaz Sharif and he booted the guy and had him arrested for corruption.

There were kick-backs in this exact same deal...remember Adm Mansoor-ul-Haque? This happened during BB's time. He was BB's Naval Chief. Then came your buddy Nawaz Sharif and he booted the guy and had him arrested for corruption.

1. blain2 thx for correcting me

2. interceptor - when r u going to learn - BB and AZ was / is corrupt.

Back
Top Bottom