What's new

Ahmadinejad Calls for Direct Negotiations with the U.S.

First define independence,and bring some examples of independent countries as you mean.we can review them case by case.

Come on! in that logic every country who has relation with USA is not independent. Dear era if we have had some tiny diplomatic relation with USA, instead of giving concessions to other countries we were in position of saving our national benefits. At least learn from Russia. How many times their politicians have scarified Iran just for their nations interests? Never blame Russia. The only responsibility of every government is to save national interests.

This whole discussion about independence is laughable. Which independence the Iranian people have? They are being held hostage by an senile old rahbar, who forces his own personal grievances as the driving thing in Iran's policy. Iranian people aren't independent nor free.

Independence and democracy are 2 different matters.China is not a democracy,but is an independent country in all of its policies,no matter if they are wrong or right.
I explained about democracy in Iran,at post 24.

Come on! in that logic every country who has relation with USA is not independent. Dear era if we have had some tiny diplomatic relation with USA, instead of giving concessions to other countries we were in position of saving our national benefits. At least learn from Russia. How many times their politicians have scarified Iran just for their nations interests? Never blame Russia. The only responsibility of every government is to save national interests.
I never said countries who have relations with U.S are not independent! It's very naive to say such thing.

Iran has not made enrichment as a dignity matter.They already had problems with us before we start enriching uranium and you know that.Have you ever thought why Iran was under total embargo during the war with Iraq?We didn't have a nuclear program back then,so what was the reason?From point to point,they changed their excuses,but the goal remains the same,toppling the regime in Iran.
Here's a question:Why U.S allow its ally regimes,like KSA,UAE or Turkey to have a nuclear program?Why do they only have problems with Iran's case?Because they think Iran will nuke some country someday?hell no! Because Iran challenges some of their interests in region,so a strong Iran,is like another USSR,in regional scale.

That is why I said "Changing the nuclear program to a dignity issue was the most destructive action against our economy."

Please answer this question:
How other successful countries are independent without choosing enrichment as their first priority?

It wasn't our first priority I mean we were trying to achieve it like the other countries actually when we wanted to excavate to build Natanz fuel enrichment plant Mr.Albardei was there and IAEA was well aware of our program.
They wanted an excuse to put pressure on Iran and it gave them , didn't we talk with them? didn't we halt our program for 2 years? didn't we accept the additional protocol ? after all of it they told us you don't have to have it ... and in return we will give you the internet ..

what we wanted was our right , they turned it in such a complicated issue .

Negotiation is better than war for sure, but only if it bear fruits for all sides.

Yes I agree with you my friend. Let's have Iran and Israel negotiate on fair grounds. Iran will think 100 times before getting nuclear weapons if Israel gets rid of 100 of theirs? Sounds Fair? Ofcourse not, not to Israelis! Double standards at it's best!

Yes I agree with you my friend. Let's have Iran and Israel negotiate on fair grounds. Iran will think 100 times before getting nuclear weapons if Israel gets rid of 100 of theirs? Sounds Fair? Ofcourse not, not to Israelis! Double standards at it's best!
Here's the thing, we have nothing to think about. Israeli nukes are a threat to the arabs, not Iranians. There is no reason why any iranian should even think about Israel, and that's exactly the case in today's Iran. Only the mullahs and their followers care about the Israeli-arab issue and want to drag Iran into it. Forget about the arabs and Israelis and all problems will be solved. Eventually this will happen one way or another.

I wish the drone followers of IR would realize how stupid this is.

Independence and democracy are 2 different matters.China is not a democracy,but is an independent country in all of its policies,no matter if they are wrong or right.
I explained about democracy in Iran,at post 24.

What are you talking about? Which independence the Iranian people have? Can they freely vote, demonstrate or organize political parties? They are dependent on the holy grace of Khamenei, God's man on earth. An senile hojjatoleslam who was promoted to Ayatollah because of political reasons.

I am not justifying the action of west. let me to tell it in form of an example.

In a jungle, there is an aggressive and strong tiger. There are other younger tigers who have the same future of the strongest tiger, but not now. In my opinion it is not logical to inter conflict with that demon until growing up. West is powerful. We knew if we start nuc program at current economic, the aggressive tiger has the power to defeat us. What if we start enrichment after growing up. Consider who could stop a country with 3T$ GDP (instead of current .4T$ GDP?)? Who could imagine effective sanction against China?

Now we are not going to have nuc or we will face military action. On the other hand our economy was so that government decides to not publish it officially! This is what I named it as the priority.

Yes, if you are not as strong as west you should stop enrichment and rapidly continue your economical development and think about future when you are strong and the bad tiger of our story is aged! Khatami was doing this.

What are you talking about? Which independence the Iranian people have? Can they freely vote, demonstrate or organize political parties? They are dependent on the holy grace of Khamenei, God's man on earth. An senile hojjatoleslam who was promoted to Ayatollah because of political reasons.

Did you even read what I wrote?I said Iran may not be a democracy,but it's independent in the decisions it makes,whether they are right or wrong.China is a great example.Yes you may say every decision leaders of Iran make,is wrong,but what I meant was that,other countries have no influence on decisions they make.Is that clear now?
I am not justifying the action of west. let me to tell it in form of an example.

In a jungle, there is an aggressive and strong tiger. There are other younger tigers who have the same future of the strongest tiger, but not now. In my opinion it is not logical to inter conflict with that demon until growing up. West is powerful. We knew if we start nuc program at current economic, the aggressive tiger has the power to defeat us. What if we start enrichment after growing up. Consider who could stop a country with 3T$ GDP (instead of current .4T$ GDP?)? Who could imagine effective sanction against China?

Now we are not going to have nuc or we will face military action. On the other hand our economy was so that government decides to not publish it officially! This is what I named it as the priority.

Yes, if you are not as strong as west you should stop enrichment and rapidly continue your economical development and think about future when you are strong and the bad tiger of our story is aged! Khatami was doing this.

I totally agree with this part of your words,we could wait and become stronger,then stand on our own.That's why I said we badly failed in our diplomacy numerous times.
I think we are saying all the same,but using different words.

Did you even read what I wrote?I said Iran may not be a democracy,but it's independent in the decisions it makes,whether they are right or wrong.China is a great example.Yes you may say every decision leaders of Iran make,is wrong,but what I meant was that,other countries have no influence on decisions they make.Is that clear now?

First explain the men who make the decisions in Iran and then you can answer the question yourselves.

I will go a step further. The clowns in power need to stop thinking about arabs and Jews and stick to Iran. Normally govts do this in order to distract their own population, but in Iran it's not the case. The people in charge truly care about an issue that no Iranian on the street gives two stinking farts about. Play ball with the West for two decades and once our economy hits 2-3 trillion, go back into the Eastern camp and **** em up. Everybody in the East wants the same thing in regards to the West. As of right now we're doing it wrong. We need to play this smart and the East will eventually defeat the West once and for all.

First explain the men who make the decisions in Iran and then you can answer the question yourselves.
What do you mean by 'explain'?

I mean everyone who can make a decision or can have influence on it.From Khamenei to Ahmadinjad and lots of other people.

What do you mean by 'explain'?

I mean everyone who can make a decision or can have influence on it.From Khamenei to Ahmadinjad and lots of other people.

Who makes the real decisions in Iran? Can you tell me that?

Thats what you miss, you think issue is a nuclear program, while its clearly not, its just a pretext. Thats what Nejad and Khameini many times said, but you dont understand what they mean, while Khatami was bending over and still didnt got anything in return, just got called an "axis of evil" by Bush.

Bottom line, if you want unobstructed "rapid economic development", you should become US puppet (a la Saudis, S.Korea, etc), if not - face the consequences of being independent.

I disagree with you , unlike USA which president has the authority in such cases in Iran it's leader who makes decision about nuclear program not Ahmadinejad that's why Obama has sent directly some letters to him not Ahmadinejad so our next election isn't important base on this point of view but perhaps they wish something like what we witnessed in last election could happen and results change Iran's decision-makers assessment .
Besides I think American administration is reluctant to remove sanctions a key factor and demand from Iran therefore I'm skeptical about coming negotiation .
well i give you one example.during khatami era khamenei was the leader and now he is too.was the relation between Iran and west simular in both khatami and ahmadi era?i think an eslah talab president can cool down the tension.

Is S.Korea puppet?
That is why they develop their Tanks, Fighters, Missiles, satellites, world wide accepted brands! If it is what a puppet is, personally I want to be a puppet!

The era of those charismatic expression has gone.
Dear H_T, we should have diplomatic relation with every country. and it should be just our national interests which define we will be with one country's politic or we are against it! I do not mean to say always yes to USA.

Back
Top Bottom