What's new

AFM INTERVIEW WITH ACM-T.MAHMOOD

Well guyz, after reading the interview outlines of ACM-T.MAHMOOD.

I am bit disappointed that we are not going for any true modern western jet in next 7~8 years, and only 36-40 j-10 's in that period.

I Think we should reduce the no. of Jf-17's from 240 to accomodate 100 J-10's and should go for 40-50 rafale's or EuroFighter.

:pakistan:

has to do with past history - the airforce cannot afford another decade of sanctions. i support the present PAF doctrine of chinese a/c with western avionics, radar and weapons.

has to do with past history - the airforce cannot afford another decade of sanctions. i support the present PAF doctrine of chinese a/c with western avionics, radar and weapons.

That is if we get western radar and avionics for a Chinese system. Also sir don't you think that we are committing the same mistake again i.e with all Chinese hardware. We need to diversify our purchases or might end up as we did back in the days when US was our sole supplier.

"Some potential customers for the surplus CH47Cs have already been identified: reports suggest that at least 6 have been allocated for re-sale to the Pakistan Army."

if this transfer comes through, it will be the first heavy-lift capability for the PAA.

Would Pakistan then be able to acquire surplus US Chinooks if this goes through?

I've also read somewhere that Turkey are going for 10 of the latest CH47Fs.

Would Pakistan then be able to acquire surplus US Chinooks if this goes through?

I've also read somewhere that Turkey are going for 10 of the latest CH47Fs.

obtaining these would not be a issue - they are non-offensive systems. they performed brilliantly during the kashmir earthquake relief effort.

That is if we get western radar and avionics for a Chinese system. Also sir don't you think that we are committing the same mistake again i.e with all Chinese hardware. We need to diversify our purchases or might end up as we did back in the days when US was our sole supplier.

are u expecting chinese sanctions?
western systems/hardware is available still (france, UK) but the cost are extremely prohibitive. 1 sqdn of rafale's could cost US 2 billion! including support and logistics.

I am bit disappointed that we are not going for any true modern western jet in next 7~8 years, and only 36-40 j-10 's in that period.

I Think we should reduce the no. of Jf-17's from 240 to accomodate 100 J-10's and should go for 40-50 rafale's or EuroFighter.

Did you not read the part where it said this PAF budget covers the next 12 to 15 years?!

In the Long term after this period maybe but going for one big ticket item like your suggesting would be reckless and foolhardy.

It apparently came down from Sinai, that Pakistani armed forces must purchase Western Military equipment????

obtaining these would not be a issue - they are non-offensive systems. they performed brilliantly during the kashmir earthquake relief effort.

Once pakistan inducts and familiarizes itself with the ex-italian ch47's than expect pakistan to obtain more. This was the case when pakistan first obtained mi171's.

Pakistan is being very wise and not acting in haste. Because if it did then it would not have rejected the j-10A. The ACM knows very well what the requirements of the PAF are and remember the j-10B will be truely multi-role which will cater the needs of PAF. An order of 36-40 is good to start off with considering the economic situation of pakistan. However, i do believe that the j-10 will be further improved and the ACM is bearing that in mind.

Pakistan is being very wise and not acting in haste. Because if it did then it would not have rejected the j-10A. The ACM knows very well what the requirements of the PAF are and remember the j-10B will be truely multi-role which will cater the needs of PAF. An order of 36-40 is good to start off with considering the economic situation of pakistan. However, i do believe that the j-10 will be further improved and the ACM is bearing that in mind.

Is there any significant difference between J-10A and J-10B ?

Is there any significant difference between J-10A and J-10B ?

yes. j-10A is primarily an air superiority fighter with air-to-surface capability and j-10B is an improved multi-role version highlighting enhanced maneuverability and equipped it is equipped with AL-31FN-M1 engine featuring thrust vectoring control.
There are rumours that it might be fitted with a detachable air refueling probe to extend its radius of operation.

yes. j-10A is primarily an air superiority fighter with air-to-surface capability and j-10B is an improved multi-role version highlighting enhanced maneuverability and equipped it is equipped with AL-31FN-M1 engine featuring thrust vectoring control.
There are rumours that it might be fitted with a detachable air refueling probe to extend its radius of operation.

Nope.

The J10A is the model currently in service with the PLAAF featuring avionics comparable to those from the 1990s.

The J10B is known as FC20 and will basically be customised for PAF service with modern western avionics and possibly a western AESA radar.

Nothing with regards to TVC has been confirmed and as this is already a manoueverable aircraft due to its single engine and canards TVC seems unecessary.

I think J10B is a two seater... The rest is same as J10A

Munir the good General is correct on Sinodefence J10S is described as the two seater variant.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom