What's new

AFM INTERVIEW WITH ACM-T.MAHMOOD

I think ACM just gave ruff estimates..
32+2+14+18 = 66 MLU and Block 52+ and depending on USN 18 more could be added up..
2015 thats 6 years from now so JF-17 production rate has to go like 30 per year and its still 180... plus i think from 2015-2017 last 100 JF-17 batch could come with different configuration like AESA or advance thales radar, 9+ hardpoints, more powerful engine, minor structural upgrades... its for sure JF-17 will appear in 1-2-3 + tranches.. like first 50 JF-17 with rd-93 and chinese avionics we can call this block-1, then next 100+50 early batch upgraded with "french" avionics and radar, and re-engined with more powerful ws-13 we can call this block II, then the 3rd block should be a advance version of JF-17...
FC-20 should be compatible to mig-35 as we know Mikoyan is assisting the super-10 project and i am pretty sure if RD-93 deal went through depending on IAF MRCA decision PAF may give a shot at russian AESA radar from mikoyan mig-35 project.. this may look expensive but i think FC-20 should have both TVC and non TVC...

Was there no talk about WS-13 and RD-93 issues!

I think engine issue is more important than AESA, I suppose developments on later are pretty much under control and according to plans.

I don't think PAF would be looking forward towards RD-93 as final, it will be a big surprise if 2009 batch may fitted with RD-93 and no surprise if 2008 may house WS-13.
I personally like to see US or French engine in all batches before the availability of WS-13.

I guess FC-20 of PAF will be equipped with non western AESA. Chinese AESA is underdevelopment from some time, now.

Was there no talk about WS-13 and RD-93 issues!

I think engine issue is more important than AESA, I suppose developments on later are pretty much under control and according to plans.

I don't think PAF would be looking forward towards RD-93 as final, it will be a big surprise if 2009 batch may fitted with RD-93 and no surprise if 2008 may house WS-13.
I personally like to see US or French engine in all batches before the availability of WS-13.

I guess FC-20 of PAF will be equipped with non western AESA. Chinese AESA is underdevelopment from some time, now.

china has a contract with russia for 250 RD-93 engines out of which 100 have been delivered. expect the first two batches to be fitted with the RD-93 engine.

I think ACM just gave ruff estimates..
32+2+14+18 = 66 MLU and Block 52+ and depending on USN 18 more could be added up..
2015 thats 6 years from now so JF-17 production rate has to go like 30 per year and its still 180... plus i think from 2015-2017 last 100 JF-17 batch could come with different configuration like AESA or advance thales radar, 9+ hardpoints, more powerful engine, minor structural upgrades... its for sure JF-17 will appear in 1-2-3 + tranches.. like first 50 JF-17 with rd-93 and chinese avionics we can call this block-1, then next 100+50 early batch upgraded with "french" avionics and radar, and re-engined with more powerful ws-13 we can call this block II, then the 3rd block should be a advance version of JF-17...
FC-20 should be compatible to mig-35 as we know Mikoyan is assisting the super-10 project and i am pretty sure if RD-93 deal went through depending on IAF MRCA decision PAF may give a shot at russian AESA radar from mikoyan mig-35 project.. this may look expensive but i think FC-20 should have both TVC and non TVC...

u seem to know more than the ACM i guess!

"Some potential customers for the surplus CH47Cs have already been identified: reports suggest that at least 6 have been allocated for re-sale to the Pakistan Army."

if this transfer comes through, it will be the first heavy-lift capability for the PAA.

Well guyz, after reading the interview outlines of ACM-T.MAHMOOD.

I am bit disappointed that we are not going for any true modern western jet in next 7~8 years, and only 36-40 j-10 's in that period.

I Think we should reduce the no. of Jf-17's from 240 to accomodate 100 J-10's and should go for 40-50 rafale's or EuroFighter.

:pakistan:

Well guyz, after reading the interview outlines of ACM-T.MAHMOOD.

I am bit disappointed that we are not going for any true modern western jet in next 7~8 years, and only 36-40 j-10 's in that period.

I Think we should reduce the no. of Jf-17's from 240 to accomodate 100 J-10's and should go for 40-50 rafale's or EuroFighter.

J-10 will fulfill the Rafale role. I would only hope that an western AESA installation is available.

J-10 will fulfill the Rafale role. I would only hope that an western AESA installation is available.

I doubt that... BTW which Western AESA radars are currenly available to Pakistan or in next 1 year or so, as PAF is not considering of buying j-10 in one year time.

I think J-10 with good PESA radar (similar to Rafale) would be a good for initial batch of 40.

No western AESA radar will equip J-10 that's for sure because it will be feared that it might turn out to be in China. I will be truly surprise if we could even get an AESA radar for our JF-17 of western origin. Russians have come out with their own version of AESA radar on board the Mig-35. If China could get her hands on that radar, we might see a copy of it being built in a few years time.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom