What's new

AFM INTERVIEW WITH ACM-T.MAHMOOD

I would disagree with that statement on capabilities but I take issue with the management and leadership of the Armed Forces which many agree is completely dominated by the land service. On the issue of "undercutting" it's what you call "tough love"-I certainly did not spend so much time and effort in Pakistan only to see it fail. In order to rectify shortcomings in the structure and doctrine of the Pak Armed Forces you must look at them in the wider context and point it out. If you want some positive feedback for once then I'll say that the Pakistani nuclear detterent is of good quality and in safe hands:tup:

fair enough. it (the domination) has to do with the history of the area (Pakistan). true,shortcomings in the leadershio of the army high command have also been pointed out most recently in the book CROSSED SWORDS. what we seek is a fair balance of views!

DEAR FORUM MEMBERS PLS NOTE:

INTERVIEW WITH ACM T. MAHMOOD ON DAWN NEWS-TV AT 1430 HRS ON SUNDAY (TODAY)
THX

Local time? Can anyone tape it ans put it on this forum?

Guys, i dont know when it will be. So here is the link. If you dont have the access but do know the time according to your location. Feel free to view it.

mms://dawn.tvpakistan.com/dawnnews (Paste it in your browser).

Source is DAWN of course.

just my bad luck! electricity power-out at 2pm and i missed it!

so wait the interview is over!!? i am streaming live Dawn news and just watched a glimpse of ACM commenting on new block 52+ f-16 and then it was over in like 30 secs..??

DEAR FORUM MEMBERS PLS NOTE:

INTERVIEW WITH ACM T. MAHMOOD ON DAWN NEWS-TV AT 1430 HRS ON SUNDAY (TODAY)
THX

:) here what he said in the interview

Pak to get 100 fighter jets from China, US

Press Trust Of India
Islamabad, September 07, 2008
First Published: 18:30 IST(7/9/2008)
Last Updated: 18:33 IST(7/9/2008)

Pakistan will acquire over 100 fighter jets from China and the US as well as airborne warning and air-to-air refuelling aircraft to maintain numerical parity with the Indian Air Force which enjoys a "qualitative advantage", the country's air force chief has said.
Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed said the Pakistan Air Force was "very close" to signing a contract with China for serial production of 42 JF-17 fighter jets

It would also acquire two squadrons or 36 of the FC-20 multi-role fighters from China and 18 new F-16s from the US, he said.

Ahmed said the PAF had already received eight JF-17 jets, which are being used for testing and evaluation. The first squadron of JF-17s is expected to be raised later this year or early next year.

PAF has inked a contract with a Ukrainian firm for four air-to-air refuelling aircraft, and the first of them is expected to arrive in a month, Ahmed said in an interview with Dawn News channel.

"Pakistan also expects to receive the Saab 2000 Erieye airborne early warning and control system aircraft from Sweden in a year," he said.

Pakistan has signed a deal for five Saab 2000 Erieye aircraft, the first of which was rolled out in Sweden in April. The aircraft is currently undergoing tests in Sweden.

"PAF has also received 12 refurbished F-16s from the US and will get two more similar aircraft after they are upgraded by Lockheed Martin," he said.

Pak to get 100 fighter jets from China, US- Hindustan Times

Pretty impressive but cannot wait to see the actual delivery. I got bored os watching decades old F16 welcomed. No we will see our local falcon (JF17) and its brother FC20. Add to that Chinese AWACS and Ukrain IL78 and we see a complete new airforce!

Ok, Block52 and Erieye are nice but still.. It is like looking at national pride or imported pride... It does feel different.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom