What's new

A look at Israel's "Iron Dome" missile defense

The pathetic-ness is still on your part. Does a bullet have 'any electronic counter measures? do they have evasive maneuvers? do they have the ability to deploy decoys?' And it is about cost because capabilities incurs money.

Let us stretch your criticism a bit further...Keyword search 'war bullets per kill'...

We have anywhere between 50k to 100k rounds it take to actually hit a target. If we assess cost for each bullet, then it is absurd to equip each soldier or police officer with expensive body armor when the odds of getting hit is so low. And yet body armor is pretty much preferred/requested by every soldier and every police officer worldwide.

How much of a monetary value are you willing to place on training a group of Hamas fighters to clandestinely transport and build each rocket?

I know you are trying to earn your keep by stretching this argument and making it about cost as opposed to capabilities, but no dice.

The quality of a system is measured by its effectiveness against a worthy opponent. You don't sing the F22's praises because it can outperform an F-5.

Federer doesn't beat his chest about beating en elderly matron at Tennis.

Iron Dome works against antiquated 'catapulted' rockets in an environment where the adversaries are hopelessly unmatched, but how would it perform against an adversary who has something more sophisticated?

And, just so you can untie your panties in a knot, note my initial statement where I accepted that Iron Dome is a 'latest hi-tech system', so you can drop your servile appeasement on Israel's behalf.

Drop the 'THINK TANK' label. It ain't working for you.

Why such a bad mood? Did the Chinese guys spank you again and send you scurrying for cover?

Why it is difficult to make more batteries and protect all over israel? I don't think money will be the problem for Israel. TO me once its proven that the system is working (over 90%), more batteries could have been made faster. What is the bottle neck?
Its not easy to produce such complex systems fast. They are working non stop. 5th system was introduced just couple days ago.

Iron Dome works against antiquated 'catapulted' rockets in an environment where the adversaries are hopelessly unmatched, but how would it perform against an adversary who has something more sophisticated?
Your status should be changed to dumb tank. I repeat once again: neither 40 km Grad, nor Fajr-5 ar antiquated catapulted (WTF?) rockets. These are very modern artillery rocket systems.

Iron Dome can shoot down all existed artillery rockets. It can also accurately locate source of fire and warn about incoming threat.

Questions:-

Can "Iron dome" Neutralize 155mm Artillery shells ?

What else is it effective against other then unguided rockets ?

What is the intercepting range of this system ?

Questions:-

Can "Iron dome" Neutralize 155mm Artillery shells ?
Yes, it can hit 155 mm artillery.

What else is it effective against other then unguided rockets ?
It is effective against variety of artillery rockets, such as Russian BM-21 Grad, BM-27 Uragan, BM-30 Smerch, US M270 MLRS, Iranian Fajr-5...

What is the intercepting range of this system ?
Intercepting range is over 10 km. It can protect area of 150 km2.

but it seems it is not like what you are saying.......Hamas rockets are hiting Israel.....!!!!!!!

but it seems it is not like what you are saying.......Hamas rockets are hiting Israel.....!!!!!!!

Non populated areas, where they are allowed to land. In fact according to wikipedia Hamas has started targeting areas not covered by Iron dome.

Non populated areas, where they are allowed to land. In fact according to wikipedia Hamas has started targeting areas not covered by Iron dome.

So why the israelis are scary....?
And they want to attack gaza from ground...??

90% of rockets fired at populated areas are intercepted. No system is perfect, 10% still pass through.

So why the israelis are scary....?
And they want to attack gaza from ground...??
System does not provide 100% protection and not all areas are covered. Besides its quite scary to see all these explosions in the air. Look at Al Jazeera field correspondent Hoda Abdel-Hamid is scared, although she was on many wars before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3myS1GpifM

Iron dome is good system but it is used against raw and simple rockets from Palestine, i doubt its tremendous success against sophisticated, speedy and advance weapons

Not cruise missiles , but expensive mid to short range missiles that can avoid a simplistic anti missile system like the iron curtain ; if the gazans don't own them the Hezbollah surely does.

Your mind is simplistic that is for sure, after all you have Tyrannosaurus as an avatar :lol:

There is no analogue system in the world to Iron Dome with a success rate of 95%

Iron dome is good system but it is used against raw and simple rockets from Palestine, i doubt its tremendous success against sophisticated, speedy and advance weapons

If im correct, Israel also has the Arrow system for ballistic missles. Not sure if its emphoyed or in development.

But this one does the job, and is actually applicable to bases in hostile areas facing artillery shells from militants; which is why South Korea among others have expressed their interest.

Though you can't put a cost on the human lives it saves , this is a really expensive system. Each interceptor missile costs around $ 35000 while each projectile the militants fire costs $500-600 at best. So what if they decide to buy 1000 of these projectiles , will Israel purchase interceptors worth $35,000,000? No doubt it's functionally effective , but it really needs to made more cost effective.

They have ready to spend Anything For Saving their Peoples Life...

An interesting peice of info:

15178_435530459840517_1775814338_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom