What's new

A look at Israel's "Iron Dome" missile defense

I repeat once again: neither 40 km Grad, nor Fajr-5 ar antiquated catapulted (WTF?) rockets. These are very modern artillery rocket systems.

Catapulted was in quotes to indicate that the rockets have no mid-course steering mechanisms. They can't even correct for wind gusts.

There are already missile defence systems in place which can intercept far smarter missiles. If any country, other than Israel, had created Iron Dome, they would have been mocked. But Israel is the sacred cow which is held to a different standard.

I suggest you spend less time in the yeshiva, soaking up tales of Jewish superiority over the goyim, and more time in the real world. English lessons wouldn't hurt either.

Catapulted was in quotes to indicate that the rockets have no mid-course steering mechanisms. They can't even correct for wind gusts.

There are already missile defence systems in place which can intercept far smarter missiles. If any country, other than Israel, had created Iron Dome, they would have been mocked. But Israel is the sacred cow which is held to a different standard.

I suggest you spend less time in the yeshiva, soaking up tales of Jewish superiority over the goyim, and more time in the real world. English lessons wouldn't hurt either.

I wonder how would pakistan reply if similar rockets were thrown at their cities from afghan borders or balochistan...

I wonder how would pakistan reply if similar rockets were thrown at their cities from afghan borders or balochistan...

The debate is not about the morality of it, but whether Iron Dome represents some breakthrough technological achievement. As I noted, there are already MD systems in place which can intercept far smarter rockets.

I really can't appreciate your point. You react to the threats you have, Israel faces these rockets & has worked out a system accordingly. What is so surprising? It seems to work, I don't see a problem. It is not as if Israel does not have other systems for a different type of attack. Whys should this do everything that you want done rather than deal with the specific threat that it was built for?

I really can't appreciate your point. You react to the threats you have, Israel faces these rockets & has worked out a system accordingly. What is so surprising? It seems to work, I don't see a problem. It is not as if Israel does not have other systems for a different type of attack. Whys should this do everything that you want done rather than deal with the specific threat that it was built for?

Again, I accept that Iron Dome is right for Israel, given the specific threats they face, and it performs well enough. My point was to contest the impression that this is some sort of technological breakthrough. Compared to the other MD systems, it is not.

^Has pakistan created any missile defense systems??

Not cruise missiles , but expensive mid to short range missiles that can avoid a simplistic anti missile system like the iron curtain ; if the gazans don't own them the Hezbollah surely does.
It is said the Gazaens are using Iranian missiles....doesn't bode well for being a rocket power.

I know you are trying to earn your keep by stretching this argument and making it about cost as opposed to capabilities, but no dice.

The quality of a system is measured by its effectiveness against a worthy opponent. You don't sing the F22's praises because it can outperform an F-5.

Federer doesn't beat his chest about beating en elderly matron at Tennis.
A 'worthy' opponent? :lol:

This is not a contest where both contestants shook hands before and after the match. If grandma is holding in her arthritic hand a .22 intending to kill me, am not going reach across the 12 gauge shotgun for an equal. You think a police officer is going to act any different?

Iron Dome works against antiquated 'catapulted' rockets in an environment where the adversaries are hopelessly unmatched, but how would it perform against an adversary who has something more sophisticated?
How does this unknown give you the latitude to criticize the system?

And, just so you can untie your panties in a knot, note my initial statement where I accepted that Iron Dome is a 'latest hi-tech system', so you can drop your servile appeasement on Israel's behalf.
As a muslim, you are pretty much obligated to hate Jews and Israel in your servile appeasement to the collective while living safely and comfortably in Australia. But as far as I go, the Jew/Israeli members here do not need me. I only entered because of the engineering interests.

Why such a bad mood? Did the Chinese guys spank you again and send you scurrying for cover?
:lol: ALL of them could not handle me and that has been proven over and over.

Stay out of this subject because you are clearly out of it.

Given the short range involved, each intercept must be finalized by the system in about 20 secs or less. More like less. Given the imprecision and inaccuracy of each rocket, Hamas have no choice but to launch in multiples -- spray and pray. So among the inbounds, 20 secs to determine if ONE descending rocket among several is a credible threat to a ground target, discriminate it or discard it, and make a decision to intercept, is a pretty damn impressive system.

Yes, it can hit 155 mm artillery.

It is effective against variety of artillery rockets, such as Russian BM-21 Grad, BM-27 Uragan, BM-30 Smerch, US M270 MLRS, Iranian Fajr-5...

Intercepting range is over 10 km. It can protect area of 150 km2.

well its gud system and save lots of life and ammunition in kargil type situation. a good defence weapon saving from PAK artillery and also good system for cold start doctrine when travel in group can same group from PAK Multi barrel rockets and boobs

well its gud system and save lots of life and ammunition in kargil type situation. a good defence weapon saving from PAK artillery and also good system for cold start doctrine when travel in group can same group from PAK Multi barrel rockets and boobs

was there a change in pakistan minimum deterrence strategy, no one told me about this one...:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

A 'worthy' opponent? :lol:

This is not a contest where both contestants shook hands before and after the match. If grandma is holding in her arthritic hand a .22 intending to kill me, am not going reach across the 12 gauge shotgun for an equal. You think a police officer is going to act any different?

How does this unknown give you the latitude to criticize the system?

The issue is not whether it is effective or not -- I never denied that it is -- but whether this is impressive technology. As I mentioned, there are operational MD systems which are way ahead of Iron Dome in capability.

muslim ...collective

And here we have exhibit A: the brain of this subject shows signs of severe deterioration due to FauxNewsitis. By this stage, the condition is terminal.

Say good night, Gracie!

:lol: ALL of them could not handle me and that has been proven over and over.

You keep right on believing that, champ!

Stay out of this subject because you are clearly out of it.

Given the short range involved, each intercept must be finalized by the system in about 20 secs or less. More like less. Given the imprecision and inaccuracy of each rocket, Hamas have no choice but to launch in multiples -- spray and pray. So among the inbounds, 20 secs to determine if ONE descending rocket among several is a credible threat to a ground target, discriminate it or discard it, and make a decision to intercept, is a pretty damn impressive system.

Yawn. You write as if people don't understand the speed of light or the processing speed of modern computers.

ESSM is reputed to have a response time of SIX seconds -- and that's against a cruise missile.

Try peddling your sycophantic banter to a more gullible audience.

Your mind is simplistic that is for sure, after all you have Tyrannosaurus as an avatar :lol:

There is no analogue system in the world to Iron Dome with a success rate of 95%

i'de rather have a simplistic brain than a jewish one , and no i'm not ashamed of posting a picture out of JURRASIC PARK , just like yourself ,

anyway , wars are plentiful in the "holy land" , next time khezbollah rockets your kibbutz you see what i mean

The issue is not whether it is effective or not -- I never denied that it is -- but whether this is impressive technology. As I mentioned, there are operational MD systems which are way ahead of Iron Dome in capability.
And we see no comparative table between them -- FROM YOU. I take it you speak from extensive personal experience with ballistic missile defense?

And here we have exhibit A: the brain of this subject shows signs of severe deterioration due to FauxNewsitis. By this stage, the condition is terminal.

Say good night, Gracie!
Good night, indeed. When all else fails, trot out Fox News.

You keep right on believing that, champ!
And I take it you believe in 'Chinese physics'?

Yawn. You write as if people don't understand the speed of light or the processing speed of modern computers.

ESSM is reputed to have a response time of SIX seconds -- and that's against a cruise missile.

Try peddling your sycophantic banter to a more gullible audience.
Wow...If it is that simple, why are we still having failures with our own systems? By your own argument, we should have have complete success against ballistic warheads back in the '60s.

Peddle your ignorance and misunderstanding to a more gullible audience.

Catapulted was in quotes to indicate that the rockets have no mid-course steering mechanisms.
You are watching too much cartoons if you think that missiles are maneuvering all the time. All missiles fly through a straight line or ballistic trajectory. Very few missiles are making anti CIWS maneuver few kms before a target (in case of Iron Dome its irrelevant, coz Iron Dome intercepts rockets at much higher distances).

They can't even correct for wind gusts.
It makes it only harder to hit, because wind gusts impossible to predict (I believe that Fajr-5 can correct though).

Plz show me any other system in the world that intercepts barrage of very small 2.5 Mach targets. :rolleyes:

I suggest you spend less time in the yeshiva, soaking up tales of Jewish superiority over the goyim, and more time in the real world.
I suggest you to learn how to argue without personal attacks and racist stereotypes.

English lessons wouldn't hurt either.
Yes, my english is bad, because unlike u i did not change my country for better living standards.

ESSM is reputed to have a response time of SIX seconds
Iron Dome has similar time of response. 15 seconds is a time between rocket detection and impact. But Iron Dome intercepts rocket when it flies only half of its way.

-- and that's against a cruise missile.
1) What makes u think that cruise target is easier to hit than ballistic? :lol:
2) Can you give me any example when ESSM intercepted barrage or 2.5 Mach targets? Iron Dome did it not just during tests, but in real combat situation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom