What's new

22 killed in US missile strike in N Waziristan

I think Musharraf was much better in keeping the drone attacks down.

He was more vocal against them.

He'd go on TV and make statement of how the Americans would fail if they did this and that (and he was right).

Currently the bonga in power does nothing. Just sits counting his bonuses.

I've not seen one speech of note to put the Americans in their place.

I've seen several from Musharraf.

the drone attacks continue.
more and more muslims are being killed, certainly including women children etc.
when does it stop?
when the war is won?
that could be a very long time.

The US I think (politically) doesn't like Pakistan, and looks down on it, perhaps, as you say, because it's Muslim.

This is what we get for helping Pakistan protect itself for fifty+ years from the hammer of India on the right and the anvil of Soviet communism on the left? Plus gobs and gobs of economic aid?

I don't think the U.S. "looks down" at Pakistan. People like you, however, might be seen as ignorant ingrates. Without America, Pakistan would have been swallowed whole years ago. After all, who, other than the U.S., cares whether Pakistan survives or not?

This is what we get for helping Pakistan protect itself for fifty+ years from the hammer of India on the right and the anvil of Soviet communism on the left? Plus gobs and gobs of economic aid?

I don't think the U.S. "looks down" at Pakistan. People like you, however, might be seen as ignorant ingrates. Without America, Pakistan would have been swallowed whole years ago. After all, who, other than the U.S., cares whether Pakistan survives or not?

I live in the U.S. and believe me the average American Joe does look down at Muslims, Pakistani or not.

As for American loans and all, China I believe has done more for Pakistan. China helps a lot with Pakistan's defense and they dont kill any Pakistani people unlike U.S. has.

I like U.S. but U.S foreign policies must change especially towards the Muslim world.

these drones will only stop once we start bringing them down. however the question is will zardari give our army a green signal coz our armed forces are under his command

This is what we get for helping US winning the cold war.If it was not for Pakistan then you guys would still be fighting with Soviets and wasting your money on cold war!

Last edited:
I live in the U.S. and believe me the average American Joe does look down at Muslims
Am I unusual, then, because the first Pakistanis I met I saw as role models and friends?

China I believe has done more for Pakistan.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the Chinese. What do they do, exactly?

If it was not for Pakistan then you guys would still by fighting with Soviets and wasting your money on cold war!

Touché! Yet some of the most "wasted" money was, arguably, the dollars spent in Pakistan itself after 1979.

Am I unusual, then, because the first Pakistanis I met I saw as role models and friends?
Did those Pakistanis happen to speak in English but not in Urdu, and drink alcohol, and wipe their *** with toilet paper instead of washing with water, and joke about Islam and its teaching? and believing that Quran was written by Muhammed to forward his political agenda, and call Islamic laws pre-historic, irrelevant, and barbaric, and considering Interest (riba) halal, accepting adultery as the basic human right, and were ashamed of their culture and for why they were born to muslim parents? Because for a muslim without these 'credentials' it would be extremely difficult to be a friend of americans. A good muslim is a dead muslim.

Dont get me wrong, I am as much against the extremists and mullahs as much perhaps you are, However, this difference between the moral and religious (infact more moral becasue all three of us worship the same one God) values will always keep as apart.

Apart from that I have found Americans and Europeans generally civilised, honest, and very hard working. Properties that are generally missing in Muslims. There are reasons why America and Europe is far far ahead of us.

If it was not China, I am sure India would have destroyed us with the support of US and Israel long time ago.

Touché! Yet some of the most "wasted" money was, arguably, the dollars spent in Pakistan itself after 1979.
A huge mistake by Zia, but than, what else one can expect from a military dictator.

Last edited:

Try living in an all Caucasian American area, they look at Muslims like they are aliens, Pakistani Muslim or Non-Pakistani Muslim. You can clearly see the discrimination towards Muslims.

China just granted Pakistan 500 million dollars, they granted the same amount also a few years ago. They spent billions on Gwadar Port, and because of China's help Pakistan's defence is what it is now. Pakistanis are very grateful to China.

To be honest, US foreign policies towards the Muslim world have harmed American image around the world. I wouldn't blame people in Pakistan for hating Americans, U.S. gov claims theyre Pakistan's friends but then kills innocent Pakistani women, children, and men in Pakistani territory. China hasn't harmed any innocent Pakistani now you know why China is a better friend to Pakistan.

I live in the U.S. and believe me the average American Joe does look down at Muslims, Pakistani or not.

I think the average American Joe is afraid of Muslims. He doesn't understand why Muslims get so bent out of shape about what is happening to Muslims in countries other than their own. He doesn't understand why Osama bin Laden declared war on the US with his primary reason being the US stationing troops in Saudi Arabia at the request of the Saudi Arabian government. He doesn't understand why the US cannot be in favor of Israel without making Pakistanis their enemy. And why we help and support the Kosovars against the Serbs (Christians) but get no "credit" from Muslims. Essentially, Americans do not understand the Muslim concept of Dar-el-Harb and Dar-el-Salaam. If they do understand it it is threatening. Islam is too aggressive in intervening in people's lives for most Americans. It's not "looking down" on Muslims, it's being put off by fear of Muslims and what they intend.

I think the average American Joe is afraid of Muslims.

You think right, I have the same feeling.

He doesn't understand why Muslims get so bent out of shape about what is happening to Muslims in countries other than their own.

These are the teachings of his religion (Islam) to consider Islamic nation as one body. If one part of the body gets injured, the pain is felt in the whole body.

If He doesn't understand why Osama bin Laden declared war on the US with his primary reason being the US stationing troops in Saudi Arabia at the request of the Saudi Arabian government.

Because that is the holiest of the all holy lands for the muslims. If KSA was ruled by the true muslim leaders, under no circumstances would they invite non-Islamic forces.

He doesn't understand why the US cannot be in favor of Israel without making Pakistanis their enemy.

Because muslims consider Israel an illegitimate state. But Americans cant understand their emotions otherwise they would have to return geographical North America back to the native people. Who were thrown into reservations just like palestinians are reduced into pockets surrounded by the zeonist settlements.

And why we help and support the Kosovars against the Serbs (Christians) but get no "credit" from Muslims.

Because it came too late, when millions were already massacred right under the nose of US/European. Because until very last, Bosnian muslims were denied of weapons for self-defence and left to face serbs empty handed (UN resolutions are there).

andEssentially, Americans do not understand the Muslim concept of Dar-el-Harb and Dar-el-Salaam. If they do understand it it is threatening. Islam is too aggressive in intervening in people's lives for most Americans.

This is a controversial yet classical doctrine got contaminated over the period of several hundred years. Muslim rulers, most notably the Ottoman Turks used it politically to expand their empire. It is a duty of every muslim (just like it is for every christian) to preach for his religion where Islam is not in dominance (Dar Al Herb). It is extremely controversial among muslim scholars whether it has to be through peaceful means or by war.

It's not "looking down" on Muslims, it's being put off by fear of Muslims and what they intend.

You are right, we as muslims have not presented ourselves in the best possible way.

I think the average American Joe is afraid of Muslims. He doesn't understand why Muslims get so bent out of shape about what is happening to Muslims in countries other than their own.
He doesn't understand why Osama bin Laden declared war on the US with his primary reason being the US stationing troops in Saudi Arabia at the request of the Saudi Arabian government.

He doesn't understand why the US cannot be in favor of Israel without making Pakistanis their enemy.

And why we help and support the Kosovars against the Serbs (Christians) but get no "credit" from Muslims.

Essentially, Americans do not understand the Muslim concept of Dar-el-Harb and Dar-el-Salaam.

If they do understand it it is threatening.

Islam is too aggressive in intervening in people's lives for most Americans.
It's not "looking down" on Muslims, it's being put off by fear of Muslims and what they intend.

1: that is exactly wat we dont understand. why would osama bin ladin or anyone else attack US when there was no reason for that. why didnt US investigate into 9/11 and came up with strong evidence before attacking afghanistan. taliban were denyin to hand over OBL coz they were askin US to provide evidence which could prove OBL guilty in a court. y no commision was set to find out who exactly was responsible

2: israel kills muslims in palestine everyday. they create economic blockade. use all sort of chemical weapons. and this all is done in the name of self defence. then y does US support israel and not even say a word against such acts

3: enough was already done

4: i have never heard of these two so cant comment. i dont even know if majority of the muslims are aware of this.

5: for us islam is a way of life. and definately i will agree with u that americans must find islam intervening too much in their life. eg: not drinking, no sex before marriage (these two are most common practices in western world)
however i would say that is the beauty of it. it tells u everything and answers all ur questions. and if u really study it, u ll not find a single thing going against human rights.

I think the average American Joe is afraid of Muslims. He doesn't understand why Muslims get so bent out of shape about what is happening to Muslims in countries other than their own. He doesn't understand why Osama bin Laden declared war on the US with his primary reason being the US stationing troops in Saudi Arabia at the request of the Saudi Arabian government. He doesn't understand why the US cannot be in favor of Israel without making Pakistanis their enemy. And why we help and support the Kosovars against the Serbs (Christians) but get no "credit" from Muslims. Essentially, Americans do not understand the Muslim concept of Dar-el-Harb and Dar-el-Salaam. If they do understand it it is threatening. Islam is too aggressive in intervening in people's lives for most Americans. It's not "looking down" on Muslims, it's being put off by fear of Muslims and what they intend.

Americans sure sound like intelligent people.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom