What's new

Without the muhajirs, Pakistan would not exist

Sure in the past but you guys holding onto such names till date does not help things.

why not it keeps things in perspective, the reality of pakistan, as i said bitter truth, mohajirs are still not accepted, their mandate not accepted

The first blame is ours, those Pakistanis who tried drawing divisions amongst ourselves.

But I am of the most firm belief that the MQM and their claim to stand for muhajirs makes things much worse. Creates a barrier for sure. Their claim is also dangerous, claiming that they and they alone can only be the ones to represent muhajirs. It also creates an external barrier, people of other backgrounds and of other provinces will not be at all compelled to support the MQM for as long as the perception remains, even if officially MQM claim not to hold to this perception.

I am not speaking against you, your kin or your party. Just a thought to dwell on.

MQM represents all pakistanis, MQM represents mohajir ethnicity as per mandate, there are many mohajirs in other parties as well like nehal hashmi, mushahidullah khan of PMLN, faisal raza abidi, late fauzia wahab, sharmila farooqi and shehla raza of PPP

Last edited:

beta MQM has given a lot to muhajirs, you just don't realise it

Oh for God sake you need an Indian commercial movie to make a point now?

You seem to have a very skewed perception of Pakistan's history.. never mind went through the blog and if you can take that mind boggling idiot as a serious author it would be useless to further discuss the issue.

For other members, a taste of the blog > “Allama” Sir M. Iqbal – Enemy of Jinnah | MQM History
(Allama Iqbal Enemy of Jinnah)

The bitter truth is that you gave yourselves this title, in Punjab there is no such thing as Muhajir. Anyone who lives in Punjab and can manage a sentence in Punjabi is considered a Punjabi. Even a Kashmiri like @Armstrong is considered a Punjabi and not a muhajir.

what about the millions of punjabis that migrated from india.. does one see them calling themselves mohajirs? while mohajiris from other parts of the sub continent were comming to Pakistan till the mid 60s .. before the 65 war... yesterday on days "50 years ago today i was reading about 3 lac mohajirs evicted by the indian govt entering East Pakistan...

For other members, a taste of the blog > “Allama” Sir M. Iqbal – Enemy of Jinnah | MQM History
(Allama Iqbal Enemy of Jinnah)

yes this is also true, its not about MQM blog, but ayaz amir of PMLN and punjabi from chakwal has also written on this topic

08_04.gif

WTF? There were Muhajirs of Punjab who suffered the most and now some party and a guy claiming they are the only muhajirs in pakistan. F to those who says this

why not it keeps things in perspective, the reality of pakistan, as i said bitter truth, mohajirs are still not accepted, their mandate not accepted

MQM represents all pakistanis, MQM represents mohajir ethnicity as per mandate, there are many mohajirs in other parties as well like nehal hashmi, mushahidullah khan of PMLN, faisal raza abidi, late fauzia wahab, sharmila farooqi and shehla raza of PPP

Without MQM and so called racist Muhajirs, Pakistan can easily exist. There are blood of millions of Punjab muhajirs in Pakistan foundation and Punjabis who would take care of Pakistan. MQM represents the thugs, racists not Pakistan !

MQM represents all pakistanis

For as long as the MQM itself or supporters keep pedalling the idea that only they stand for the Muhajirs, your above comment is simply not true.

You see my friend, if there is ever even the slightest inclination of a party towards a certain group (even if that is perception), you alienate everyone else.

Believe me, when I say this, the MQM for all that it is, makes the divide much worse.
That's me speaking with no inclination to any party, any province or ethnicity. The only inclination is that of a Pakistani.

WTF? There were Muhajirs of Punjab who suffered the most and now some party and a guy claiming they are the only muhajirs in pakistan. F to those who says this

the punjabi muslims kicked out hindu and sikh punjabi to occupy on their lands, same happened on the other side of the punjab, nothing to do with pakistan

From the past pages of dawn: 1964: Fifty years ago: Over 3 lakhs evictees - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

From the past pages of dawn: 1964: Fifty years ago: Over 3 lakhs evictees
From the Newspaper
Updated 3 days ago

KARACHI: Mr Hafizur Rahman, East Pakistan Finance Minister, said [here on May 18] that over 3,00,000 Indian Muslims have been evicted from their homes and now migrated to East Pakistan. The Minister said these unfortunate Indian Muslims were crossing the borders into East Pakistan on an average of 500 per day.

Mr Hafizur Rahman said that the East Pakistan Government [has] opened a number of camps to provide shelter for the refugees. He said due to shortage of accommodation many school buildings have been utilised for providing shelter.

[Meanwhile] Shaikh Mujibur Rahman, General Secretary of the East Pakistan Awami League, told a big public meeting at the local municipal park [in Khulna] that the people had been deprived of their right to franchise and remarked that a government that was not based on the will of the people was sure to fall. He called upon the people to actively participate in the movement of the Awami League.

Mr Zahiruddin said that his party believed in the restoration of the supremacy of the people.

Published in Dawn, May 20th, 2014

Not sure if these people would have wanted to come to Pak... had they not been evicted...

the punjabi muslims kicked out hindu and sikh punjabi to occupy on their lands, same happened on the other side of the border, nothing to do with pakistan

No wonder to this day Bihari's are illiterate, dirt poor in India and only like to loot and fight among themselves.

Last edited:
the punjabi muslims kicked out hindu and sikh punjabi to occupy on their lands, same happened on the other side of the punjab, nothing to do with pakistan

The point being made there was:

1) Not all Muhajir are settled in Karachi/Hyderabad.
2) Not all are Urdu speaking.

it is a very bitter truth buddy, it will take time to absorb, i can also show you many other references, i would just say stay away from the topic you have no understanding of

urdu speakers have been called mohajirs for ages, just like in GOT the little guy says, don't anybody let humiliate you by calling you dwarf or bastard, wear it as a badge of honour, same thing has happened with mohajirs, they were called mohajirs a lot, they started calling themselves as mohajirs

Dude - It didn't happned with Urdu speakers of Karachi only - ask any old Punjabi speaking guy settled in southern Punjab. But Punjabi speaker didn't give flying fcuk to this and asserted themselves as Pakistanis - now this term is non-existing, now nobody dares to call them Muhajir on face but you can still find some idiots who on their back call them Muhajir. So, instead of blaming others, you should acknowledge the failure of Urdu speaking community as well.

And InshAllah we will kick out you and your kin and kith who got nothing to do with Pakistan. I started to wonder, The Scums of UP can act only this way. No doubt. No noblemen would do such things

lol why are you getting pissed, im just telling you the facts, do you know how chaudhry brothers of gujrat got rich :lol:, their father was a policeman who kicked all hindus and later occupied their lands and got rich, and made sugar mills

10 million people migrated in 47 .. 1 million killed/died... the worst riots happened in punjab which was cut into 2... thts several times more refugees than muhajirs that kept coming till 65.

yes this is also true, its not about MQM blog, but ayaz amir of PMLN and punjabi from chakwal has also written on this topic

08_04.gif

And he took a u-turn the very next article;

10_04.gif

Forgot to read that part?

Back
Top Bottom