What's new

Will be in Turkey (Istanbul) the next few days. Any travel/sightseeing advice?

TrMhMt, the AKP seems to be very very popular here. I can't find anyone who doesn't like Erdogan or Abdullah Gul... the moment I say their names I get "very good, very good!" as a response :-)

TrMhMt, the AKP seems to be very very popular here. I can't find anyone who doesn't like Erdogan or Abdullah Gul... the moment I say their names I get "very good, very good!" as a response :-)

Yes bro. i know it very well... Erdogan is current hero for my people and including muslim community around the world !!! He speaks what people want to hear but he does what people dont want !! ;)

By the way .... Only less percent of people know him and understand him !!! He is the biggest fake and liar ... :(

He holds popularity in most of the country. Areas where you wont find that are many of the coastal vacation spots. Marmaris,Izmir,etc are heavily driven towards the CHP.

lol. It's implying support to Palestine and declaring shyte on israil. I remember seeing such political graffiti. Techie that alley way looks like it is as Taksim right at the square, near the hotels and not far from the doner places where Istiklal street begins. Correct me if i'm wrong

in places like Adana, they support MHP! Üç hilal! :D

75584623.jpg

I take it you like Adana ? The food there is pretty spicy.

lol. It's implying support to Palestine and declaring shyte on israil. I remember seeing such political graffiti. Techie that alley way looks like it is as Taksim right at the square, near the hotels and not far from the doner places where Istiklal street begins. Correct me if i'm wrong

You are correct.

I am staying at the Marmara at Taksim. Great hotel and I've got Bosphorous views... breathtaking :-)

Luxury Hotel Istanbul, Taksim: The Marmara Taksim Hotel ? Taksim Luxury Hotel In Istanbul

You are correct.

I am staying at the Marmara at Taksim. Great hotel and I've got Bosphorous views... breathtaking :-)

Luxury Hotel Istanbul, Taksim: The Marmara Taksim Hotel ? Taksim Luxury Hotel In Istanbul

Sir, Good choice! ;)

be sure to check out the rooftop restaurant (forgot the name) @ Richmond Hotel. It's on Istiklal street also. Heading downwards, it'll be on your left approx. 100 meters after Galatasaray University.

i dont know how you are doing on time, nor do I know the weather conditions nowdays. PLEASE be sure to visit Buyuk Ada (the ''large island'') --one of several islands just off the 'coast'

take a cab or tram to Kabataş (pronounced Kabatash) -- and from there buy a token for the ferry boat. It's a half hour boat ride for dirt cheap -- the island is exquisite. Cars are banned; you will only see horses with the carts and bicycles. The air is fresh, and the food and people are very cool. They have this waffle and ice-cream type place which is to die for.

also quite close to you is Tophane. Go to a sheesha (nargile) place called Ali Baba nargile (the one with all the national flags of countries and the massive decorations)....if you don't smoke shisha, go for the Turkish coffee there. They have a special pistacchio flavoured Turkish coffee which is the most incredible thing you will ever drink.

all these memories of Istanbul, I'm feeling the nostalgia. Post more pictures.

p.s. not sure if you are married with kids and/or take interest in art. Be sure to check out ''Istanbul Modern'' gallery.

and DO please go to Cezayir Sokak (Algeria Street). Probably one of my favourite places to be in Istanbul.

I take it you like Adana ? The food there is pretty spicy.

I loooove Adana. AMAZING food. Food is spicy, but as a Pakistani I can handle it pretty well :)

Adana Kebab is a famous dish. The people there are very very veryyyy nationalistic. Strong Turks!

one place I never got the chance to go was Trabzon and the Karadeniz (black sea) region. The people in those areas are very tough, proud.....and heavily armed. I jokingly call Trabzonlu people the ''Pakhtuns'' of Turkiye.

I must admit i do enjoy it quite a bit when Bahçeli attacks Erdogan on some issues. Not as much as Kılıçdaroğlu of course. He is bringing CHP back in a big way.

TechLahore,

Turkish Girls are really the most beautiful girls in the world :D :D But i'm sorry that you are married :D

Back
Top Bottom