What's new

Will be in Turkey (Istanbul) the next few days. Any travel/sightseeing advice?

Techlahore - which cities have you visited so far and what is the purpose of your trip ?

Please do take as many photos as you can and share it with us too.

Have a nice trip to you !!

Next month on 20th i will be at Istanbul also.... Hope to see you there :))

Have a great trip, I have heard very good reviews about Turkey from my friends, would love to go there someday.

I met turks(red cross) working in flood effected areas in southern punjab.... they r doing awesoe work.

Good bless em.

PAK\TURK zindabad.

I am happy you are enjoying Turkey. Have you tried any of the food that i recommended ?

Turks and Pakistani's true brothers - when ever Turkish National Football Team play, I cheer for them like it's Pakistan playing, their is no other nation that comes near that amount of affection for us, except possibly China.

And where ever I have met Turks, can't help but make friends :) and the Turkish girls don't even get me started, such beauties, and with brains too.

Turkey-Pak Friendship Forever.....:)

I am happy you are enjoying Turkey. Have you tried any of the food that i recommended ?

I loved Lahmacun! My wife likes Pehmacun too...

I have tried 36 different types of kebab :-) The beef kebabs are to die for. Also really liked the kofte and the chicken kebab available at the shops just below Taksim park (next to the subway entrance).

The juices were very good. I tried orange... but this is one area where I think Pakistani oranges are hard to beat :-)

In general the food has just been great. Fish is next on the menu. We are planning on a cruise on the Bosphorous tomorrow and a visit to Dolmabache also. Let's see if we can incorporate a visit to a really good fish restaurant for dinner.

Techlahore - which cities have you visited so far and what is the purpose of your trip ?

Please do take as many photos as you can and share it with us too.

Yes, I'll certainly share the pics.

The purpose of the trip is just for my wife and I to spend some time away from work and the crazy pace of our lives. We figured a week in Istanbul would do us good.

The other goal is to get to know Turkey and Turks better... I want to explore some business opportunities here eventually.

To be honest, I don't know. We flew Emirates and they provide online quotes. Check out their website and get a current quote.

This is a pic I took at Topkapi... beautiful work on the ceiling of the entrance.

Screen-shot-2010-11-14-at-1.42.21-PM.png.jpg

This is the Sultan's cabinet's conference room. The Grand Vizier used to lead meetings here. Also at Topkapi.

Screen-shot-2010-11-14-at-1.40.33-PM.png.jpg

there's an INCREDIBLE restaurant in Istanbul --on European side. It's in the Hocapasa (pronounced Hoja Pasha) locality of Eminonu --in and around the Sultanahmet area where the great old Mosques are

restaurant name is Fasuli. PM me when u arrive i'll give u the exact coordinates. This is a place you don't want to miss out on.

if you are with a local who can help, or you are feeling ambitious and confident -- take the ferryboat from Eminonu docks to Bostanci (pronounced Bostanja)

once you get there, walk straight cross the busy street then turn right where you begin to see alley way --- visit the fish market there, they have a lot of nice restaurants and other places to visit

do all the touristy stuff --- like Istiklal street, Cicek pasaj (flowers passage) and be sure to visit Cezayir Sokak (Algeria street) just off of Istiklal, in Beyoglu. Algeria Street is by far one of my most favourites -- go there for mezze food and small musical gatherings ---but only go if you are with locals

try to mingle and make friends with locals; being around tourists in Istanbul is a liability. And be sure to tell people you are from Pakistan --because Turkiye is one place where being Pakistani is a huge asset. Both countries and their people have a warm and loving relationship

ill be happy to give u some other pointers

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

and also try ''Cig Kofte'' (pronounced Cheeh kofte)

i wont tell u what it is; just try it

On the subject of the Turkish political mood, here is something I saw earlier this morning.

photo-5.jpg

As I said earlier, Israel is *definitely* ultra unpopular here.

On the subject of the Turkish political mood, here is something I saw earlier this morning.

photo-5.jpg

As I said earlier, Israel is *definitely* ultra unpopular here.

:D:D:D

The emotions of Turkish people can change easily... This is the easiest way to control millions of my people and the way that akp government uses it very well ...

Back
Top Bottom