What's new

Why Is Indian Food So Popular All Over The World?

Americans/Indians don't like Chinese food in its authentic form, we all got addicted to MSG (ajinomoto) which we relate it to Chinese food. Chinese food - MSG is unbearable.

Thats not true. Lot of Pakistani food around too, but they like to call their restaurants "Indian Cusine":lol:

That's just safe marketing. There are far more Indians than Pakistanis in foreign countries and you want to attract as wide a clientele as possible. Your first target market will be the south Asian community, and there will always be some percentage of Indians who will avoid a Pakistani business just out of spite.

I am not exaggerating here. I notice in Australia it has become much harder to find the Pakistani version of some drinks, or certain brands of yogurt ever since the huge influx of Indians in the last few years.

That's just safe marketing. There are far more Indians than Pakistanis in foreign countries and you want to attract as wide a clientele as possible. Your first target market will be the south Asian community, and there will always be some percentage of Indians who will avoid a Pakistani business just out of spite.

I am not exaggerating here. I notice in Australia it has become much harder to find the Pakistani version of some drinks, or certain brands of yogurt ever since the huge influx of Indians in the last few years.

Yeah true. But doesn't mean that Indians don't have meat based dish at all, as the other guy was trying to say.

:rofl: This Indian has also eaten croc, deer, Kangaroo, pig, quail. Height of ignorance:cheesy:

Wow. You're a beast :P

That Spicky Chicken, Mutton Qorma etc are not Indian dishes these are Pakisatni dishes.

Indian dont eat chicken, goat or cow......

Which explains why whenever i visit my South Indian friend's house for diwali, i get served with delicious briyani and mutton kurma ;)

The things some of you can come up with :rofl:

Americans/Indians don't like Chinese food in its authentic form, we all got addicted to MSG (ajinomoto) which we relate it to Chinese food. Chinese food - MSG is unbearable.

With cheap Chinese buffets, MSG is a problem (makes me sick). But at a good Chinese place the food is great!
(PS..at every Indian place I have been to, plenty of non-beef meat, tho like I said, don't know what if any difference between Pakistani and Indian food there is)

North Indian and Pakistani foods are almost same as East Indian and Banladeshi Foods are same. Because Once we were under the same umbrella and used to hv a great social bonding among us.. Now its a different game as there are lines in between. Pakistani foods are great when they are NonVeg but your Punjab Province has a good hand on Veg Items also.. To be very precise - We are same when it comes to Non Veg. But We have an upperhand with Veg Items and Variety.. We have
30+ States, all r having diffrent tastes and dishes.. So too many yummy items.. As simple.. Kabhi aao, Dawat par.. :welcome:

For those who think Indians (read Hindus) dont eat non veg, here's a simple calculation:

Per capita meat consumption in India (2002 data): 5.2kg, which means total consumption of 5.2 billion kgs (5.2 x 1 billion population in 2002)

non-hindu population in India ~ 20% which is 200 million.
Per capita consumption if all hindus are vegetarian (as claimed by some pakistani members): 26kg !!

for reference: per capita meat consumption of Pakistan is 12.3 kg (2002 data).

I am a North Indian Hindu, a brahmin, and I eat meat. have eaten Chicken, fish, prawn, mutton, turkey, quail & beef too (by the name of Buffalo meat).

Well, if you go by the books as far as culinary habits are concerned at least, you will find very few true Hindus & Muslims in India. I am sure, the same is true for all religions throughout the world.

Is Indian and Pakistani food same?

there are similarities between pak and Indian food. but there are vast variety of veg dishes in Indian food which is not in Pakistani food.

North indians and pakistanis are sissies compared to what some south indian castes eat

Back
Top Bottom