Why Indian Music Is Not Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icewolf

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Why Indian music is not good? Even Indians are sick of "chicknee cahameli" songs and so they are migrating to cokestudio.. Someone even go so far as to invite Pakistani singers to India. So my question is why Indian music of 1940's-1990's was so good, and then it took a downslide? Is it because Bollywood wanted to copy Hollywood or what?

Compare

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=srjgIN8-vhA[/video]

with :

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjaH2iuoYWE[/video]

Comapre Indian old music - [video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBBKIPsA55k[/video]

with todays Indian music - [video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWmkS2sR88k[/video]

But why are Pakistanis crazy about Indian music.

Agreed. India's best singers were Muslims and older generation. I like Lata songs. Also some Indian Punjabi singers are very good. Hans raj is a very good artist to Pakistani tastes. Indians have commercialized their industries to the point that talent never gets exposure.

Why Indian music is not good? Even Indians are sick of "chicknee cahameli" songs and so they are migrating to cokestudio.. Someone even go so far as to invite Pakistani singers to India. So my question is why Indian music of 1940's-1990's was so good, and then it took a downslide? Is it because Bollywood wanted to copy Hollywood or what?

There is no such thing as indian music, there is bengali music, punjabi music, tamil music etc. Bollywood song does not represent india, Bollywood songs may be in decline but the other songs in other parts of india still has its sheen left. Try listening to gazals, they still rock

There is no such thing as indian music, there is bengali music, punjabi music, tamil music etc. Bollywood song does not represent india, Bollywood songs may be in decline but the other songs in other parts of india still has its sheen left. Try listening to gazals, they still rock

Very idiotic comment.

Because you have no idea about music.

i have no idea about music... so i listen to a chick that says the same thing five times over, without any emotion, or effort, and calls it music

i have no idea about music... so i listen to a chick that says the same thing five times over, without any emotion, or effort, and calls it music

Far better than bullshit from Lollywood.

No one is crazy., man. I cant listen to chiknee chameli for more than 5 seconds

v v good answer......

But why are Pakistanis crazy about Indian music.
Original Post By Gigawatt
No one is crazy., man. I cant listen to chiknee chameli for more than 5 seconds
Original post by lcewolf
v v good answer......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom