What's new

Who are Jatts?

I don't claim myself as snowwhite, its the obsession of every Pakistani, perhaps they hadn't visited Multan, Sukkur or Karachi ever once in their life. :laughcry:

I live close to Multan and visit all the time due to family. I'm not saying we are white people, but it surprised me that even though Jats are North Indian, they are very dark as south Indians.

Even jats from Karachi/Sindh are not as dark as Indian jats.

So much bak bak, little info.

Jat people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Jat people (Hindi pronunciation: [dʒaːʈ]) (also spelled Jatt) are a community of traditionally non-elite tillers and herders in Northern India and Pakistan.[a][c] Originally pastoralists in the lower Indus river-valley of Sindh, Jats migrated north into the Punjab region in late medieval times, and subsequently into the Delhi Territory, northeastern Rajputana, and the western Gangetic Plain in the 17th and 18th centuries. Of Muslim, Sikh, and Hindu faiths, they are now found mostly in the Indian states of Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh and the Pakistani provinces of Sindh and Punjab.

Traditionally involved in peasantry, the Jats took up arms against the Mughal Empire during the late 17th and early 18th centuries.[4] The community played an important role in the development of the martial Khalsa panthan of Sikhism.[5] The Hindu Jat kingdom reached its zenith under Suraj Mal of Bharatpur (1707–1763).[6] By the 20th century, the landowning Jats became an influential group in several parts of North India, including Punjab,[7] Western Uttar Pradesh,[8] Rajasthan,[9] Haryana and Delhi.[10] Over the years, several Jats abandoned agriculture in favour of urban jobs, and used their dominant economic and political status to claim higher social status.[11]

The Jats are a paradigmatic example of community- and identity-formation in early modern South Asia.[12] "Jat" is an elastic label applied to a wide-ranging, traditionally non-elite,[d] community which had its origins in pastoralism in the lower Indus valley of Sindh.[12]

Jat Muslim - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jat Muslims or Musalman Jats (Urdu: مسلمان جاٹ‎), a sub-group of Jat people found throughout the Punjab region of Pakistan and India, where there are many sub-castes.[1] as well as in western Uttar Pradesh[2] and Gujarat in India,[3] and the provinces of Sindh in Pakistan and Azad Kashmir.[4][full citation needed] Jats began converting to Islam from the early Middle Ages onward, and now form the distinct community of Muslim Jats. The Jats constitute one of the most diverse communities in South Asia.[5] and in India are found in Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat.[6] They speak Hindi, Kutchi, Pahari, Pothohari, Punjabi, Saraiki, Sindhi, Haryanvi and Urdu, depending on their location. Each Jat community presents unique cultural characteristics, which makes it difficult to generalise about the Jat culturally.[5]

Jatt Sikh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jat Sikh is a sub-group of the Sikh ethnoreligious group from the Indian subcontinent. They form at least half[1][2] of the Sikh population in Punjab, with some sources estimating them to be about 60%[2][3] to 66%[4] of the Sikh population.

Jat-Sikhs are mostly descended from Jat-Hindus.[5][6] and some from Jat-Muslims.[7]

Jats started to follow the teachings of Guru Nanak in small numbers and this grew after[8][9] the formation of the Khalsa. They converted en masse to Sikhism from the time of Banda Singh Bahadur,[10] and formed the vanguard of Sikh resistance against the Mughal Empire from the 18th century onwards. Note that controversial research[11] by W H Mcleod based on the Martial Race theories states that Jats started joining Sikhism in large numbers during the period of the 6th Guru Hargorbind.,[12] but this theory has been successfully rebutted by Jagjit Singh (Historian) in his book The Sikh Revolution.[13]

At least 7 of the 12 Sikh Misls (Sikh confederacies) were led by Jat-Sikhs.[14]

Don't know why but Jatts in India are dark as hell.

In Pakistan, Jats are not really that dark.

Jattis are pretty though.

In Pakistan Jatts can be dark too.

Jats originally came from Sindh and moved up North. They were atheists. When Muhammad Bin Qasim, arrived in Debal, they revolted against the oppressive Hindu ruler of Kolachi(Raja Dahir).

So much bak bak, little info.

The Jat people (Hindi pronunciation: [dʒaːʈ]) (also spelled Jatt) are a community of traditionally non-elite tillers and herders in Northern India and Pakistan.[a][c] Originally pastoralists in the lower Indus river-valley of Sindh, Jats migrated north into the Punjab region in late medieval times, and subsequently into the Delhi Territory, northeastern Rajputana, and the western Gangetic Plain in the 17th and 18th centuries. Of Muslim, Sikh, and Hindu faiths, they are now found mostly in the Indian states of Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh and the Pakistani provinces of Sindh and Punjab.

Traditionally involved in peasantry, the Jats took up arms against the Mughal Empire during the late 17th and early 18th centuries.[4] The community played an important role in the development of the martial Khalsa panthan of Sikhism.[5] The Hindu Jat kingdom reached its zenith under Suraj Mal of Bharatpur (1707–1763).[6] By the 20th century, the landowning Jats became an influential group in several parts of North India, including Punjab,[7] Western Uttar Pradesh,[8] Rajasthan,[9] Haryana and Delhi.[10] Over the years, several Jats abandoned agriculture in favour of urban jobs, and used their dominant economic and political status to claim higher social status.[11]

The Jats are a paradigmatic example of community- and identity-formation in early modern South Asia.[12] "Jat" is an elastic label applied to a wide-ranging, traditionally non-elite,[d] community which had its origins in pastoralism in the lower Indus valley of Sindh.[12]

Jat Muslim - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jat Muslims or Musalman Jats (Urdu: مسلمان جاٹ‎), a sub-group of Jat people found throughout the Punjab region of Pakistan and India, where there are many sub-castes.[1] as well as in western Uttar Pradesh[2] and Gujarat in India,[3] and the provinces of Sindh in Pakistan and Azad Kashmir.[4][full citation needed] Jats began converting to Islam from the early Middle Ages onward, and now form the distinct community of Muslim Jats. The Jats constitute one of the most diverse communities in South Asia.[5] and in India are found in Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat.[6] They speak Hindi, Kutchi, Pahari, Pothohari, Punjabi, Saraiki, Sindhi, Haryanvi and Urdu, depending on their location. Each Jat community presents unique cultural characteristics, which makes it difficult to generalise about the Jat culturally.[5]

Jatt Sikh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jat Sikh is a sub-group of the Sikh ethnoreligious group from the Indian subcontinent. They form at least half[1][2] of the Sikh population in Punjab, with some sources estimating them to be about 60%[2][3] to 66%[4] of the Sikh population.

Jat-Sikhs are mostly descended from Jat-Hindus.[5][6] and some from Jat-Muslims.[7]

Jats started to follow the teachings of Guru Nanak in small numbers and this grew after[8][9] the formation of the Khalsa. They converted en masse to Sikhism from the time of Banda Singh Bahadur,[10] and formed the vanguard of Sikh resistance against the Mughal Empire from the 18th century onwards. Note that controversial research[11] by W H Mcleod based on the Martial Race theories states that Jats started joining Sikhism in large numbers during the period of the 6th Guru Hargorbind.,[12] but this theory has been successfully rebutted by Jagjit Singh (Historian) in his book The Sikh Revolution.[13]

At least 7 of the 12 Sikh Misls (Sikh confederacies) were led by Jat-Sikhs.[14]

In Pakistan Jatts can be dark too.

Of course they can, but even my mazdur Jats are not as dark as Indian jats i meet in the US. And the ones in US don't even do kaiti baari.

Migration Chart

Modern Human migrated from Africa, in different wave they migrated all over world..

Settlements in India: The Migrated African settled at many part of India. Mainly Madhya Pradesh, Maharastra and Gujrat.
Systematic settlements: First modern settlement was in India around 30,000 years ago in Gujrat, it was called Dwarka. Which was destroyed by meltdown.
Migration: The displaced ppl move towards north in Indus valley and one branch moved towards south...

many years these ppl interacted with ppl from west and east and thus we indian formed a complex mix society. As our anscestors were intelligent they avoid in-breeding. Intercultural marriage was prominent and promoted..

So who are jatt? : They are Indian..

Of course they can, but even my mazdur Jats are not as dark as Indian jats i meet in the US. And the ones in US don't even do kaiti baari.

We have seen your nephew, he was not fair too.. He was looking like any other Indian-Pakistani-Bangladeshi. Is he too from India?

Son we all are descendant of African, its nature which transformed our look .. I don't understand your obsession with physical attributes.. :P

Jats originally came from Sindh and moved up North. They were atheists. When Muhammad Bin Qasim, arrived in Debal, they revolted against the oppressive Hindu ruler of Kolachi(Raja Dahir).

And from where they came to sindh? As I know sindh was not teh place where human begin.. Does prophet Adam was from Sindh?? or Allah had made one Prophet in Sindh as well??

Why are ppl so obsessed with colour ?

No disrespect meant but I think Punjabis have this obsession more than anyone else. Their folklore too indicates this - Songs like ' Kala Sha kala'.

Once a while its ok to hear of such things but beyond a point it gets irritating. I notice punjabis in N India esp those who migtated from what now is Pak have this silly obsession.

Are dark skinned ppl lesser humans ? Do they work less, are they less intelligent or less hard working ?

C'mon, move on , grow up & put education to good use.

The subject @ hand is about a hard working community who are close to the land & here we digress to colour of the skin !

Why are ppl so obsessed with colour ?

No disrespect meant but I think Punjabis have this obsession more than anyone else. Their folklore too indicates this - Songs like ' Kala Sha kala'.

Once a while its ok to hear of such things but beyond a point it gets irritating. I notice punjabis in N India esp those who migtated from what now is Pak have this silly obsession.

Are dark skinned ppl lesser humans ? Do they work less, are they less intelligent or less hard working ?

C'mon, move on , grow up & put education to good use.

The subject @ hand is about a hard working community who are close to the land & here we digress to colour of the skin !

The fair skin ppl are made by God and dark skin ppl are made my lesser God.. :P

These ppl forget that Human evolved from Africa and the primitive human were dark only..

Looks like I have touched the nerve of Indian members here.

I clearly have posted my personal observations. No need to rush to the stores for Stillman's creams.

@black:-)lol:) Widow, my cousin is half Jat, and is from one of the hottest areas of Pakistan, but still is not as dark as most of the people of India. Even if he was, I love him. That's my little bro.

My own grandmother was very dark, but it doesn't matter to me. I am not shallow enough to judge a person, by what they have no control over.

Again, it was my observation.

And at your bs about bringing my religion into what i said. You are lowly inferiority complex ridden Indian.

Let me show you.

:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I have touched the nerve of Indian members here.

I clearly have posted my personal observations. No need to rush to the stores for Stillman's creams.

@black:-)lol:) Widow, my cousin is half Jat, and is from one of the hottest areas of Pakistan, but still is not as dark as most of the people of India. Even if he was, I love him. That's my little bro.

My own grandmother was very dark, but it doesn't matter to me. I am not shallow enough to judge a person, by what they have no control over.

Again, it was my observation.

And at your bs about bringing my religion into what i said. You are lowly inferiority complex ridden Indian.

Let me show you.

:rofl:

Bingo you got me.. :P :mps:

Last edited by a moderator:
movgal1750.jpg

Yes they might not be kalay shah, but definitely not goray and some even are. It depends upon the mother and father.

They are a highly interracial community actually.

Furnish some proof. :woot::woot:

Back
Top Bottom