What's new

Why Indian Music Is Not Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bollywood produces different songs for different audiences...chikni chameli type of songs are party songs....try listening to recently released songs from 'Barfii'

U can say that bollywood music has been degraded but Indian Music has a whole is a very big domain....heck we even as indians have not heard all of them

Nazia aur mehdhi hassan have a very big place in my heart. Thanks for reminding ne pk balouch.

i have no idea about music... so i listen to a chick that says the same thing five times over, without any emotion, or effort, and calls it music
chickni chameli is an item song they not for making u emotional.. Chickni chameli is from 'Aghnipath' try listening to other songs from the same movie which will surely bring tears in ur eyes especially the song 'Abhi Mujh Mein Kahin'

Agreed. India's best singers were Muslims and older generation. I like Lata songs. Also some Indian Punjabi singers are very good. Hans raj is a very good artist to Pakistani tastes. Indians have commercialized their industries to the point that talent never gets exposure.

I take it that you have not heard about the two film industries down south.

that alif laila song which you put is quite bad.. sorry if thats what you call good music.

you cant separate good and bad music it just depends on the listener............ what looks like sh*t to someone is like gold for someone else if you dont like dont listen why do you complain, you can listen to heavenly pakistani music,,,i always thought western rock and chinese music were sick but many like them and listen to them so do i complain......... people here are mistaking bollywood as indian music there is a lot more music in india for example this is what people around the world say about this south indian musician ilayaraja.......
NAUSHAD ALI:- (doyen of hindi film music, India)- That this man has achieved is 100 times more than what any of us have achieved; only time can tell the quantum of his achievements.

ZUBIN MEHTA:- (Music Conductor, Israel Philharmonic) - I was bewildered after listening to his 'nothing but wind' and 'how to name it'. He belongs to the 21st century and perhaps beyond.
MARK LAYCOCK:- (Director of Orchestral Activities, Iowa State University, Iowa, United States of America) - A fascinating blend of Eastern and Western styles. The music is instantly appealing -- rhythmically, harmonically, formally. The use of traditional Indian instruments in a modern musical context makes for a rich palette of tone colors and creates a wide range of expressive possibilities.

RICHARD KING:- (Sound Engineer of Thiruvasagam in Symphony, Winner of 5 Grammy awards) - Even his thoughts are musical. Ilaiyaraaja is the musical face of India, which the western world is really stunned at !!!

LARY BAIN( Composer, England) - He is unbelievable, genius and fantastic.
JOSEPH EAGER (Conductor, World Symphony Orchestra, USA) - His music will be heard through the twenty-first century [predicted during the release function of "Nothing But Wind" CD in New York in 1988].

VICTOR RANGEL RIBEIRO ( musicologist and author of Baroque Music, USA) - Your ears will hear music like they never heard before.

STEPHEN DAVIS (of New Age, USA) - He is leading us to a very special world of music appreciation and has opened doors of new horizons of new age music.

LASLOV KOVACH (Conductor, Budapest Symphony Orchestra, Hungary) - He is Hollywood Kind. A very special composer. It seems he does not have to think at all to create music. Music just flows out. The feeling that you experience, while you listen to his compositions, is often quite inexplicable. It is unfortunate that the world is yet to recognize this composer. It is not a loss for Him, but it is, to the music world.

DAVID KERMAN (ReR-USA, Music Distributor, North America) - We are big fans of the Maestro, and are proud to be the exclusive North American importer of the WINGS CD. ReR USA holds no allegiance to any particular style or genre of music, rather we only care about excellence. That's why we're so thrilled to have ilaiyaraaja !!.
What makes Ilaiyaraaja so universal is his cheerful adoption of much of the world's music and its instruments while remaining focused on the needs of song and the language of popular film; what makes him so addictive is his extraordinary sense of arrangement and instrumentation. Everything is detail with a small surprise lurking around every corner. This is work of painstaking subtlety, wrapped in simple forms - and luminous undemonstrative musicianship - the kind of work that grows with every listening and depends on its inner qualities and not on shock, dissidence or effect. These are perfectly crafted songs with mysterious arrangements and a catalogue of rhythms that are never as simple as they seem. A gem.!]
Dr.BALAMURALIKRISHNA (Eminent Carnatic Vocalist, India)- As far as i am concerned, i would say Ilaiyaraja is the composer of the century. If there is one single authority on 'orchestration', it can only be ilaiyaraja.

Anonymous - Feb 28, 2009
A.R.REHMAN (Oscar Winning Composer, India) - He is a genius by himself and is completely self-contained. He disproved me of the commonly held wrong notion that a music maker has to drink, smoke & have other bad habits in order to create inspirational music. If i am religious today, the credit goes to ilaiyaraja. I learnt it from him.
MASSIMO SIMONINI (Composer & Founder of ANGELICA forum, Italy) - The music of ilaiyaraaja, besides containing many forms, is a good object of reflections and meditations on the form, on its consume, for an eventual, possible expansion. It shows models & rare formulae, unthinkable for the western music song world or western cinema. His film songs feature a metrics that is strictly linked to the images, to the atmospheres of the movie, while the movie itself appears to be composed by a myriad of narrative video clips, which in turn give the song an opening towards other musical forms - A moving open form, that is strictly linked to the inspiration of the moment, ready to welcome anything in a surprising structure, enriched by a, still so strong, indian tradition, where rhythm, melody, devotion and surprise travel together. These entities are seen moving in places where style and form can be continually re-discussed, while still following a logic, a narration. It¹s almost like a kaleidoscopic song, full of rules, but also rich in expressive possibilities...keeps moving...truly vedic .

MANIRATNAM (Noted Film Maker, India) - Ilaiyaraja is absolutely prolific. He is an amazing talent who believes that the music written down by him should be stuck to totally. And then it is recorded which is just a matter of execution. I wish I could be like Ilaiyaraja and work out everything on paper.

his "rakama kaiya thattu" is among BBC top ten songs of all time along with rahmans chaiya chaiya............. is there a pakistani composer comparable to him , i think no because pakistanis think themselves that they produce the best music on earth....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom