What's new

Why India and Pakistan will keep growing apart

You can find exceptions anywhere, but Mad Dog was referring to the general trends.

Check this out, a map of "indigenous" skin colour distribution:

--------------------------

So it's true, Pakistanis are closer to Central Asians.

I posted some picture, did you see see them, or should I post some more. :cheesy:

@ Chinese-Dragon

Thanks my friend......yes i was referring to general skull structures......yes there are exceptions everywhere....that's what i said in my post....but i wish our indian members here could understand that...god knows why Indians are so stubborn in nature !!!

You can find exceptions anywhere, but Mad Dog was referring to the general trends.

Check this out, a map of "indigenous" skin colour distribution:

---------------------------

mapofskinhueequi3.png

So it's true, Pakistanis are closer to Central Asians.

I posted some picture, did you see see them, or should I post some more. :cheesy:

Like I said, you can find exceptions anywhere.

But exceptions don't prove anything.

@Maddog.. Why are you trying to prove every Pakistani is a Pashtun or Kashmiri, they are not more than 20% of Pakistan's population.

They are not exception but the huge part of their population.

I never said that dude, read again...i was only focusing on Pakistani Punjabis. (mind u Punjab means Land of Five rivers..its not an ethnicity),,..there are all types of people in terms of looks even in Punjab..cuz as i said no one is ethnically pure...its 21st centuary dude...Today the ruling party and the ruling elite of Punjab including the chief minister are ethnic Kashmiris of Punjab....search for it online !!!
In northern Punjab i.e Potohar region, Mianwali, Attock...all are Punjabi Pushtuns..they dont speak Pushto..they speak Saraeki a dialect of Punjabi..and they consider themselves culturally Punjabi. Same goes with South Punjab...Dera Ghazi Khan and Rajanpur are all baloch areas which dont speak Balochi but speak Punjabi...so there is one Punjabi as is the case in India..as a Punjabi there is identified with Sikh people here its really different.

So basically people of absolutely different backgrouds live in Pak Punjab yet they refer to themselves are Punjabi..the political party and the leader Nawaz Sharif who plays the Punjabi card in politics..is ethnically a Kashmiri but from Punjab..so don't get into this immature debate with me.

All i said don't use pictures to justify your view...i did the same....lol...this is childish.

If you would have read my post..[..]

Only a handful of Indians can acknowledge what You have posted. I believe, most of them considers themselves Indo-Aryans. They are ignorant or blind towards Racial aspects. however, India also is a diverse country and Marathi can distinguish Gujaratis or Punjabi can distingish Kashmiri. The genetic diversity does exists and what I read, australoid influence is more in eastern coastal states.

..and seriously don't expect commoners to understand races.

People of subcontinent are different from Chinese, unlike China we have widespread complexion variation even in same region . Darker shade means larger percentage of darker people, not the level of skin tone. Got it.

@ takeiteasy

Sir, you are confusing the indo-aryan people with Indo Aryan languages...eg Bengali people genetically are Australoid but speak an Indo-Aryan language so many people generalize them as Indo-Aryans.
Another example are Tamils in south India, they speak dravidian language..and are again genetically Australoid..so its not limited to the eastern part.

Only a handful of Indians can acknowledge what You have posted. I believe, most of them considers themselves Indo-Aryans. They are ignorant or blind towards Racial aspects. however, India also is a diverse country and Marathi can distinguish Gujaratis or Punjabi can distingish Kashmiri. The genetic diversity does exists and what I read, australoid influence is more in eastern coastal states.

Unlike Pakistan, we Indian don't have compulsions to look different from Pakistanis. Both Punjabis and Sindhis are the part of our nation and their culture and language is our nation's culture. We don't have to look for weird logic to suit our agenda of separate identity.

@ takeiteasy

Sir, you are confusing the indo-aryan people with Indo Aryan languages...eg Bengali people genetically are Australoid but speak an Indo-Aryan language so many people generalize them as Indo-Aryans.
Another example are Tamils in south India, they speak dravidian language..and are again genetically Australoid..so its not limited to the eastern part.

I know it. I am pointing towards the general idea among north central,eastern states and even some south Indians that they are Indo-Aryan "Race" also. this is highly prevalent among high castes. Look, Sinhalese also are eager to equate with Punjabis than with Tamils.

I have seen those going for genetic tests to prove their Indo-Scythian origin especially from some communities who by their geographic location cannot be even possible.

Punjabis and Sindhis are not even 1-3% of population in India. and Bollywood is essentially Punjabi and Delhi, Western UP representation.

@ takeiteasy
Sir that's all i said, the ethnic Punjabis of Pakistan are genetically closer ( not exactly same since..there are huge poppulations of other ethnicites in Punjab...and no one can prove that one ethnicity is pure) to ethnic Punjabis of India ( which are 2 % of India).

But as is evident Mr Gigawatt doesn't understand this simple concept..its no rocket science.

@ takeiteasy
Sir that's all i said, the ethnic Punjabis of Pakistan are genetically closer ( not exactly same since..there are huge poppulations of other ethnicites in Punjab...and no one can prove that one ethnicity is pure) to ethnic Punjabis of India ( which are 2 % of India).

But as is evident Mr Gigawatt doesn't understand this simple concept..its no rocket science.

Its not ethnicity but the language similarity.:girl_wacko:

Linguistically sir Punjabi in Pakistan has 12 dialects, each different from each other...infact a person from lahore might have difficulty in understanding Potohari dialect in North Punjab. Indian Punjab people speak Punjabi too with their own dialects.
When written in Pakistani Punjab they follow Shahmukhi script that is like urdu (arabic script) and in Indian Punjab they use Gurmukhi script ( sanskrit based). They can't read each other's language but can verbally communicate.

Back
Top Bottom