What's new

Why India and Pakistan will keep growing apart

Linguistically sir Punjabi in Pakistan has 12 dialects, each different from each other...infact a person from lahore might have difficulty in understanding Potohari dialect in North Punjab. Indian Punjab people speak Punjabi too with their own dialects.
When written in Pakistani Punjab they follow Shahmukhi script that is like urdu (arabic script) and in Indian Punjab they use Gurmukhi script ( sanskrit based). They can't read each other's language but verbally communicate.

Gurumukhi is Brahmi Script based, Pakistanis are too much ignorant of Pre-Islamic past of the subcontinent. Some other day, other Pakistani was claiming Sanskrit originated from pali.

Both Hindi-Urdu and Punjabi originated from same language called Shaurseni Prakrit.

A language is known through its literature...most of the poets of Punjabi language were Muslim and used Shahmuki script...even people in Indian Punjab follow Bulle Shah, Baba Farid, Waris Shah, Khawaja Ghulam Farid and Mian Muhammad Baksh.

Give me one major non muslim Punjabi poet in the last 200-300 years who is so famous for his Punjabi works .... most of the literature is in Shahmuki script...u might translate it to use it in Gurmuki script...but the reality doesn't change.

Even ur coke studio uses Bulleh Shah's poems in their songs...lol

A language is known through its literature...most of the poets of Punjabi language were Muslim and used Shahmuki script...even people in Indian Punjab follow Bulle Shah, Baba Farid, Waris Shah, Khawaja Ghulam Farid and Mian Muhammad Baksh.

Give me one major non muslim Punjabi poet in the last 200-300 years who is so famous for his Punjabi works .... most of the literature is in Shahmuki script...u might translate it to use it in Gurmuki script...but the reality doesn't change.

I speak Hindi, I have no idea about Punjabi language.

Exactly. Muslims are the original holders of Punjabi language. Too bad Punjabi is not promoted in Pakistan as Urdu is.

During Ranjit Singh's era, the court language used for correspondence with other states and the British was Persian written in Shahmukhi script. I came across some letters originating from Ranjit Singh's court addressed to the British and found them to be exceptionally conceived and written in Persian using Shahmukhi script.

I know Persian was the official language, like English is today the official language of govt offices and courts.

Back
Top Bottom