What's new

Why Do Indians?

Its been answered by many if you look at back pages.By the way there are diferent letters for "ji","z","g' sounds in devanagari.I'll suggest you watch movie chupke chupke you'll get your answer in detail while enjoying it.

this part in particular.

I know it answered on first page, I told everyone to stop trolling

Don't you Pakistanis pronounce Vanaspati as Banaspati and Vasant as Basant.

It was Indian who made Rang De BASANTI not a Pakistani :disagree:

Last edited by a moderator:
Z is a loaned letter from Persian language not native to India, so its use is considered optional in India.

Urdu speakers do use 'Z' but an average Hindi speaker is not supposed to. Words borrowed from Urdu or Persian/Arabic in Hindi have been modified (as regard to pronunciation) suiting to the accent of the local speakers across India. We have three different types of 'S' in Hindi and most of other language speaker even won't find the difference in pronunciation of 'S' while speaking Hindi.

So, it's not only WHY DO INDIANS as the thread suggests. It's true for every country and every language. The discussion on this is itself a product of ignorance and supposedly for troll purpose only.

Urdu speakers do use 'Z' but an average Hindi speaker is not supposed to. Words borrowed from Urdu or Persian/Arabic in Hindi have been modified (as regard to pronunciation) suiting to the accent of the local speakers across India. We have three different types of 'S' in Hindi and most of other language speaker even won't find the difference in pronunciation of 'S' while speaking Hindi.

So, it's not only WHY DO INDIANS as the thread suggests. It's true for every country and every language. The discussion on this is itself a product of ignorance and supposedly for troll purpose only.
Actually if you listen to hindi scholar or teachers they prnounce as "z" .There will be small dat under ज (ja).thats the difference.

ज़ (za)
ज (ja)

like...

आवाज़ (aavaaz)

रोज़ (roz)
ज़ोर (zor)
जाना (jaanaa)

look at the small do t under ज for differentiation of j and z sounds.

BTW arabic dont has " Pa" sound if im not wrong.they pronounce "pa" as "ba"
similarly chinese dont have "r" sound.its replaced by "l" sound.

Oh and I missed the title... Why do Indians.

Cause we don't give a f.uck.....:lol:

I know it answered on first page, I told everyone to stop trolling

It was Indian who made Rang De BASANTI not a Pakistani :disagree:

Basanti is used because there is no word called vasanti.

There are some letters I (from east) cant pronounce and both north and south Indians can. :)

Well, my question will be why pakistanis use R instead of D. It sounds funny in your accent. :)
This of course assuming D is correct and R is wrong, but I dont have anything to prove it.
Not just Pakistanis but Indians tend to use it occasionally, like say when you write "DEWAAR". !!

Not just Pakistanis but Indians tend to use it occasionally, like say when you write "DEWAAR". !!
Right. So which one is correct, yours or mine?
I have heard same about how other people write/pronounce English, (brit vs american), still dont know which one is right.

Back
Top Bottom