What's new

Why are Pak missiles named after foreign invaders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghauri

This missile was first named Hataf-V, later the name was changed to Ghauri, which was approved by the prime minister. The missile was named after the 12th century Afghan king Shahbuddin Ghauri who captured western parts of India between 1176 and 1182, and captured northern India by defeating Prithvi Raj Chauhan in 1192. The Ghauri name is thus highly symbolic, as "Prithvi" is the name of the Indian short-range ballistic missiles, and Pakistan's "Ghauri" has a much longer range than the Indian missile.

Ghaznavi

named after an ancient sword mentioned in Islamic historical books.

Abdali

The Abdali missile is named after Ahmad Shah Abdali, an 18th century Afghan king who attacked India in 18th century and is accused of looting Indian wealth.

Last edited:
Third eye. Let us open up our heads and concerntrate on the aim of having missiles and their function which is more important then their names.

It does not matter after whome or what you name it.

And lets accept the turth that you guys are uncomfortable even with names of our missiles.

Why this should be of any uncomfort to you in the first place.

And oh Come on Agni and Prithvi more has to do with your religious wars than its meaning.

Still if you stress upon this point then Shaheen, Abdali and Shahbddin Ghauri also have some meanings.

The Bottom line is its our product and we have the right to name the way we want it and we are not bound to explain to you at all.

Jana sister, let me show you whats kind of double standard those

Indians were, thats their reaction when they don't like a thread.

ith due apologies to anyone concerned, I find the title of this thread to be Juvenile .

India like any other nation has a need & right to defend itself & its interests in any and all manners it deems fit.

Defence spending forms one part of it. India spends as much as it can afford. Why should it concern anyone else ? :smitten:
:pakistan::china:

Third eye. Let us open up our heads and concerntrate on the aim of having missiles and their function which is more important then their names.

It does not matter after whome or what you name it.

And lets accept the turth that you guys are uncomfortable even with names of our missiles.

Why this should be of any uncomfort to you in the first place.

And oh Come on Agni and Prithvi more has to do with your religious wars than its meaning.

Still if you stress upon this point then Shaheen, Abdali and Shahbddin Ghauri also have some meanings.

The Bottom line is its our product and we have the right to name the way we want it and we are not bound to explain to you at all.

No explanations are needed at all.

Post #25 refers.

This missile was first named Hataf-V, later the name was changed to Ghauri, which was approved by the prime minister. The missile was named after the 12th century Afghan king Shahbuddin Ghauri who captured western parts of India between 1176 and 1182, and captured northern India by defeating Prithvi Raj Chauhan in 1192. The Ghauri name is thus highly symbolic, as "Prithvi" is the name of the Indian short-range ballistic missiles, and Pakistan's "Ghauri" has a much longer range than the Indian missile.

Ali i am proud its been named after my forefathers who had INVADED INDIA AND DEFEATED Prithvi.

Now i dont care if Indian grin or moan why we had named our missiles after Muslim Commanders.

I think this question is useless and has no value because Pakistan was created in the name of Islam and not on the basis of ethnicities.

Jana sister, let me show you whats kind of double standard those

Indians were, thats their reaction when they don't like a thread.

ith due apologies to anyone concerned, I find the title of this thread to be Juvenile .

India like any other nation has a need & right to defend itself & its interests in any and all manners it deems fit.

Defence spending forms one part of it. India spends as much as it can afford. Why should it concern anyone else ? :smitten:
:pakistan::china:

Well of course you will find it juvenile. WHat else would you do when you knoe that your Pak friends dont have any logical answers to teh questions raised in the thread.

Start a thread which is perturbing to Pakistanis and its labeled as inflammatory and juvenile. Talk about initiating a discussion...!

Ali i am proud its been named after my forefathers who had INVADED INDIA AND DEFEATED Prithvi.

Now i dont care if Indian grin or moan why we had named our missiles after Muslim Commanders.

I think this question is useless and has no value because Pakistan was created in the name of Islam and not on the basis of ethnicities.

:pakistan::pakistan:

Im proud of the names, i don't kno what bitting their arses.

Hmm...another Pakistani needs a history lesson. No problem, glad to help.
Prithvi Raj never invaded any Kingdom. Even if he did that woulld be counted as a doemstic squabble. While Ghauri came down from Afghanistan into the plains to attack him. An unprovoked attack by a barbaric Afghan invader, who just happened to be a Muslim.

Muslim field commanders is fine. But what made you forget that they were foreigners and like it or not you guys were called Indians before 1947. You cant wish away history just like that.

And if Muslim field commanders were what you were looking for, what happened to Tariq ibn-Zayid and Salah-ud-din? I am sure you guys can also conjure up a genetic connection to the Arabs, right?

Oh please dont give me listen on killings and destruction i think you must be knowing the killings and wars between Hindus gods and the religiouse texts, fictions where brothers were picthed against own brothers and lessons of killings were being taught.

dahhh

Ahh dont worry we have many other things named after Tariq, Khalid Bin Walid and so on. Many other to come and named after all our Muslim brave field commanders.

On the other hand you can come and see the population of Syed and many others who share bloodline with the family of Prophet (PBUH)

Coming back to the topic. Our missiles are named after Muslim Commanders and thats it.

Well of course you will find it juvenile. WHat else would you do when you knoe that your Pak friends dont have any logical answers to teh questions raised in the thread.

Start a thread which is perturbing to Pakistanis and its labeled as inflammatory and juvenile. Talk about initiating a discussion...!

Man, did you read my post at all, i was showing whats your beloved

countrymen's reaction against a thread he don't like.

Thats exactly what he wrote.:smitten::pakistan::china:

hahahahhahahaha whats logical answer for an ilogical dumb question ?

The main thing is the performance of the product. If so then why Indian i must say (Indian Hindus) are much perturb over the names of our missiles?

If you think its a shared history then hey why dont you name one of yours as Akbar missile, Jehangir Missile and so on :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom