What's new

Why Are More Pakistanis Happier Than Indians or Chinese?

a significant chunk of indian population is vegetarian which could be a possible reason for why per capita dairy consumption in pakistan is relatively high.
if you want to do some quick calculations, you should calculate per capita rural income for both india and pakistan. get the size of rural economy (not in % terms) and divide it by rural population.

but then again one cannot be 100% sure as much of wat we considered to be rural in 1998 (our last census) is now urban. eg. half of gujranwala is still considered to be rural. However, if we assume that a similar problem exists in india as well, then it should not effect our results by a great deal.

also the per acre yield i was talking about gives you agricultural productivity and not rural productivity.

Dairy consumption, particularly milk and milk products, are consumed by all. including vegetarians, and offer a good source of protein and calcium for a balanced diet.

Vegetarians love palak panir if they can afford it.

they should have taken the survey on the day India and pak played in the semi finals :P. Anyways thats good to know - although honestly we know this is more of a Pak trait - that kick a$$ food, the great ghazals - makes me happy too !

A survey based on some thousand persons cannot depict reality of over 1.2 billion people

That is the whole concept of a survey that you pick randomly and average out an opinion. You are thinking of a census where 1.2 billion need to be included. By the way how you did in the English in elementary school? Survey or Census, 2 different things, are they?

A familiar refrain from many readers of this blog is that "Pakistanis (especially the educated) use India as their yardstick..."

Here's a recent Times of India headline:

Pakistanis happier than Indians: Gallup survey

Pakistanis happier than Indians: Gallup survey - Times Of India

Does the above headline suggests that "Indians (especially the educated) use Pakistan as their yardstick"?

Here are a few more Indian news headlines to ponder:

1. Pakistan ahead of India on human development indices: UN report

Pakistan ahead of India on human development indices: UN report - Hindustan Times

2. Doing business? India lags behind Pakistan!

Doing business? India lags behind Pakistan! - Rediff.com Business

3. India trails Pakistan, Bangladesh in sanitation

India trails Pakistan, Bangladesh in sanitation

4. India worse than Pakistan, Bangladesh on nourishment

'India worse than Pakistan, Bangladesh on nourishment'

5. India is worse than Pakistan on gender equality

India is worse than Pakistan on gender equality - Times Of India

Considering all the massive negative propaganda in the Indian and western media about Pakistan, it is interesting to see that some Americans are noticing the high-speed access build-out in the "failed state" of Pakistan by a state-owned telephone company.

In a provocatively titled post "Osama bin Laden Getting Faster Internet Than You Have: Pakistan’s 50Mbps Future", an American blogger Philip Dampier complains as follows: "While America’s heartland is being wired for 3Mbps DSL service, residents in Pakistan are getting ready for speeds up to 50Mbps thanks to a major broadband expansion in the country".

Haq's Musings: Pakistan's Fast Broadband at Low Cost

In USA, you can have 1gb i.e. 20 times faster. Interior area's of pakistan may not have electricity!!!

BTW blog source is not allowed here I believe.

A familiar refrain from many readers of this blog is that "Pakistanis (especially the educated) use India as their yardstick..."

Does the above headline suggests that "Indians (especially the educated) use Pakistan as their yardstick"?

Pakistan ahead of India on human development indices: UN report - Hindustan Times

and still india is considered one of the fastest developing country,where is pakistan?
it also has political influence you can see that by the nuclear agreement

happiness is a relative term. one can be happy with modest amenities at his/her disposal. on the other hand one cannot be happy with millions of dollars in his bank accounts.

i think the survey at best shows pakistanis are more contended with their lives.

well i dont wonder that Pakistanis are happier than indians its because of total freedome and more money pakistanis normally get....but its strange that chinese are lest happy than indians i means two same countries in size and population where chine is almote 10 to 20 times ahead of india in every economic field....chinese should be more Happier than indians.

How come I have never been part of any of these polls? Will they come to me or do I go look for them?

and still india is considered one of the fastest developing country,where is pakistan?
it also has political influence you can see that by the nuclear agreement

:) if nuclear pact is benchmark for development then good luck.

My dear Sir,

You are failing to comprehend basic logic.The primary reason India,Pakistan or Bangladesh use each other for comparative analysis is because they're all small fences to jump over in contrast to the truly prosperous nations among us that we refuse to acknowledge.We instantly feel better in learning that we might be doing poorly but our neighbor is doing worse.But does it for even a second change any ground realities that we all face? does it put a roti in my belly if I knew that you were going to sleep on an empty stomach? In fact,it changes nothing.It's equivalent to two men falling into a dried up well and instead of recognizing the dilemma they're in and helping each other out,they argue that their side of the well is better.

I have no personal issues in admitting that India faces numerous problems.But it's home.It's the one place I know that will take me back with open arms even if the rest of the world turns it's back on me and I'm convinced that in time we can overcome every hurdle that we face today.If Pakistan is truly satisfied with where she stands,way to go for the nation and her countrymen.

But then again if we were truly happy we wouldn't have to look over the other side to see how others were doing would we?

If a few news article is your basis of the proof that India is fairing worse than Bangladesh and Pakistan than you are deluded. Wake up...India is marching ahead while your country is in a ditch.

in this region, its like Pakistan, India and then China for this happiness index. China is more successful than India. India is more successful than Pakistan.

Moral - The more successful you are, the less happy you are. And the more unsuccessful you are, the more happy you are!

If this is the case then I agree with the article!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom