What's new

Whether India invites me or not, I will visit India. Nawaz Sharif

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan is yet to officially declare Nawaz Sharif's Pakistan Muslim League (PML-N) victorious in the country's general elections, but the man set to be the new Prime Minister and India's Manmohan Singh already seem keen to move forward on the dialogue process. In New Delhi, the BJP has asked why the haste.

Even as the PML N looked set to emerge as the single-largest party in the national assembly, Mr Sharif had told NDTV, "We have to restart our journey (from 1999). So whether India invites me or not, I will visit India."

A day later, Dr Singh congratulated Mr Sharif on his comprehensive win and extended that invitation. "The people of India welcome your publicly articulated commitment to a relationship between India and Pakistan that is defined by peace, friendship and cooperation. I look forward to working with you and your government", Mr Singh said.

Balbir Punj of the BJP said today that, "the PM should have waited and seen if Pakistan's attitude towards India improved before inviting him (Mr Sharif) here. It doesn't make sense to call him even before he has been sworn in."

The Pakistan media has welcomed Dr Singh's statement, but have also asked when the Indian Prime Minister will visit Pakistan.

The 63-year-old Nawaz Sharif had vowed during his campaign and also on the eve of the elections, to revive the India-Pakistan peace process which he began in 1999 with then Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee of the BJP.

Mr Vajpayee had visited Pakistan in February 1999 and the two leaders had signed the Lahore Declaration on the development and use of nuclear weapons. Mr Sharif calls that a "historic moment" and said, "We have to bring back that time again."

The peace moves were interrupted later that year when Nawaz Sharif was overthrown by General Pervez Musharraf in a coup in October 1999. Months before that Pakistan's incursion into Kashmir provoked the Kargil war, fracturing bilateral ties. Mr Sharif was the PM during the Kargil conflict, but has repeatedly said that General Musharraf, the then Army chief, was solely responsible.

Prime Minister invites Nawaz Sharif to India, BJP says 'too soon' | NDTV.com

:pissed:

Khuda kay liye sab mil ker dua karo, yeh banda ****** hi na kerwa day pehle ki tarhan !!

Laanat on Nawax Sharif. How can he go to a country without invitation? Its fine I know he has no dignity or self respect. But dont treat Pakistan the way you conduct yourself.

PTI has not been defeated. It has been cheated. And this victory is a Pyrrhic victory for Nooras. Pakistan is fast changing and just like PPP was humiliated and it was its last election, Nooras too must enjoy their last victory ever.

He is welcome

I hope the we can extract as much possible from the relationship with upcoming Pak government and we should make sure that this relationship benefits India up to maximum extent possible.

Most importantly we should ask the GOP to further open Pak market for Indian companies and we should also open our market further for Pakistani companies.

I have heard that Pakistan produces good quality cement, we should import it, so the cement cost in India will come down implying reduction in cost of homes

Why he is loving india so much when almost all the pakistani members in PDF hates india............:cheesy:

Is salay ko koi abhee abhee bhej day, not to forget his brother. Dono ganjay waheen theek hain! :D

Thik Hai . Tumko Baal waalaa Zardari mubarak ho :D

Zardari1.jpg

On topic .

Lets hope another Kargil and Military rule does not happen :D

Back
Top Bottom