Votes: 34 28.1%
  • Lockheed Martin F-16IN Super Viper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mikoyan MiG-35

Votes: 11 9.1%
  • Saab Gripen NG

Votes: 11 9.1%

• Total voters
bhai mere, we need an engine which will fit in Tejas with minimum modification in the frame. so we went for the best suited engine.

but we should have done the american way select the engine based on specs and then build an airframe around it:coffee:

haha NO one wants the viper ? the most successful platform in the world ?

Against some of the most inexperienced pilots and ill-serviced fighters..??

I'd say drop the MRCA thing. Buy off the shelf MKIs and speed up domestic MKI production. This will tackle the decommissioning of the Mig 21s. And utilize western help/know-how to develop the Tejas MK1/2 by 2016-17. By then we will have the PAK-FA. This will keep both the arm seller groups happy and will meet our requirements!

I wont mind that at all.. Spend a part of that $ 10 billion in some bad *** upgrades. addnl 100 odd SU 30s MKIs would cost no more than 5 billion. Spend the rest in fast tracking LCA MK I production and MKII dev with French collaboration..

So is Lee-Enfield 303 rifle

Lee2.jpg

:angel:
Jokes apart.. Think about it..

1. Apple of PAF's eye
2. USAF uses older blocks as target drones

The association with the above 2 points virtually rules out its selection.. No matter what credentials it has...

I'd say drop the MRCA thing. Buy off the shelf MKIs and speed up domestic MKI production. This will tackle the decommissioning of the Mig 21s. And utilize western help/know-how to develop the Tejas MK1/2 by 2016-17. By then we will have the PAK-FA. This will keep both the arm seller groups happy and will meet our requirements!

dat is wy we have ordered another 42 MkIs from russia to speed up induction... MRCA is to bring the quality of western haedware into IAF... Initially IAF was to buy 126 Mirage2k5... but by that time the mirage assembly line was closed... Dats wy IAF sent request for proposals...

And thats wy dis race has now started... Anyways, mark my words...

R:victory::smitten:afale all the way...

I wont mind that at all.. Spend a part of that $ 10 billion in some bad *** upgrades. addnl 100 odd SU 30s MKIs would cost no more than 5 billion. Spend the rest in fast tracking LCA MK I production and MKII dev with French collaboration..

Exactly my thoughts. But the fact is that we are so far into the MRCA thing that we have built up pressure on ourselves to select an aircraft.

You have to consider two things,

1) Its time is almost over. US will shut down F-16 production lines shortly.

2) F-16 never faced a good fighter in a war.

My bet is Eurofighter Typhoon, though F-18 looks most possible winner. Gripen NG also good and advanced.

My choices...

1) EFT
2) F-18 E/F/
3) Gripen NG

:cheers:

I would love to see F18 Super Hornet win the MRCA deal......and India should station all or most of those planes along Chinese Border.........This will give two fold advantage.....in case of war with China ...Chinese would not know how the plane would perform and give an advantage to IAF....as compared to SU 30 MKI....as Chinese are already Operating SU 30 MKK......so they know what MKI could Do and would have devised ways to counter that.....but they can not KNow anything about F18s.......and secondly in case of war with China ...US would not place India under Sanctions for its Geopolitical interests....unlike a war with Pakistan ... where US would be the first one to Embargo India and Pakistan both....the way it did with Pakistan...always....So Sukhois on West and Super Hornets on the east......and IAF can do some rotation of Aircrafts ...just to keep system in shape.

So is Lee-Enfield 303 rifle

Lee2.jpg

:angel:
Jokes apart.. Think about it..

1. Apple of PAF's eye
2. USAF uses older blocks as target drones

The association with the above 2 points virtually rules out its selection.. No matter what credentials it has...

US isnt offering you older blocks ? F16 52C/D right now is the main fighter in two of the most deadliest airforces in the world ?

Anyways this thread is about MRCA, i asked a question in good taste and some of your mates stooped pretty quickly to cheap shots.

Here's a fact though, F16 is one of the world's most successful multirole fighters of all times..But your right you guys cant induct since we have it, it would make no sense

Also it seems like you guys are fed up of russian stuff lmao

Back
Top Bottom