What's new

What will happen if China and India switch their global position?

If the roles were reversed, the US would want to expand the WOT from Afghanistan to Pakistan to India. India might have supported Pakistan in that situation against the US, to protect itself. As a result, India Pakistan relations might have been better as well, just like Taiwan & China's relations are warming up now, despite the cruel KMT history.

I think Pakistan can be protected under India's umbrella or maybe get annexed?

i keep reading from your side that chinese are not worried about india..
then i find such threads in the morning , seem you people having not talk about india but in nights dream about it ...

From scenario of alternative universe as i suggested, we might get scared sh!t of you guys.

At least US is living far from us, even they want to see China gets splitted into smaller nations, but they are not hungry about our land.

India has a similar population, it is indeed very hungry about our Tibet and Xinjiang.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Pardon me, I don't understand your question/statement.

Will Pakistan join with India if she is as powerful as China?

Will Pakistan join with India if she is as powerful as China?

Well, I don't think it would ever join with India, because a lot of blood was spilled in 1947 to make those events reality, but they could have a more amicable relationship, just like Taiwan & China have improved their relationship. That wouldn't necessarily mean Pakistan would like China less than India.

Well, I don't think it would ever join with India, because a lot of blood was spilled in 1947 to make those events reality, but they could have a more amicable relationship, just like Taiwan & China have improved their relationship.

The difference is that both China and Taiwan claim to represent Chinese civilization. PRC = People's Republic of China, RoC = Republic of China. The difference is not cultural or ethnic, but political.

Whereas Pakistan does not claim to have the same cultural/ethnic/religious identity as India, right?

Well, I don't think it would ever join with India, because a lot of blood was spilled in 1947 to make those events reality, but they could have a more amicable relationship, just like Taiwan & China have improved their relationship.

I think China and Taiwan don't have any cultural or religious conflict, even the political conflict has been minimized right now.

Whereas India and Pakistan are mostly about the cultural and religious conflict, the damage isn't easy to be repaired.

But i could see a warm up relationship in the alternative scenario as i suggested.

The difference is that both China and Taiwan claim to represent Chinese civilization. PRC (China) = People's Republic of China, RoC (Taiwan) = Republic of China. The difference is not cultural or ethnic, but political.

Whereas Pakistan does not claim to have the same culture as India, right?

Well, this is a very sensitive issue.

Like China, Pakistan is a multi-ethnic country. Pakistan's Eastern provinces (Punjab, Sindh) share plenty of common connections with the corresponding Indian regions. Pakistan's North Western province (KPK/NWFP) has shares historical cultural connections with Afghanistan, Pakistan's South Western province shares historical connections with Iran & the historical 'Khorasan' region. Pakistan's north shares common historical connections with Tibet, China; & a form of Tibetan is spoken in Pakistan's Gilgit-Baltistan province as well.

To summarize, Pakistan is a multi-ethnic country. About half of the country (Western parts) shares absolutely no connection with India, whereas the Eastern half does share some kind of connection (although there is a difference between Aryans & Dravidians, which is a VERY controversial issue, especially on this forum, & I can't explain it in a few words). The Indus river is important to understand if you want to understand the historical connections between various regions in South Asia. But yes, there is a major conflict point between Pakistan & India: India claims to be a secular state, whereas Pakistan isn't one. Pakistan has used religious ideology to unite its people (who are divided by ethnicity & culture).

India with try to ensure that its growth rate keep increasing so that it could be the number one military and economic power... India will avoid the war with its neighbor who have a credible economy and military because this will put all his efforts into vain... India will try not supporting the arc rival of China so that China gets a message that we are friends and we shall resolve our disputes peacefully... India will try not supporting a country which wants India to be doomed...

India with try to ensure that its growth rate keep increasing so that it could be the number one military and economic power... India will avoid the war with its neighbor who have a credible economy and military because this will put all his efforts into vain... India will try not supporting the arc rival of China so that China gets a message that we are friends and we shall resolve our disputes peacefully... India will try not supporting a country which wants India to be doomed...

This is pretty much our current strategy. :coffee:

For now, one little mistake can jeopardize your number one dream.

your current strategy ?
How about your current strategy is exactly opposite of this !

We don't really want to wage the war against our neighbors, and we are just telling them to stay away from our lands by keeping the pressure on them. :coffee:

This is pretty much our current strategy. :coffee:

For now, one little mistake can jeopardize your number one dream.

A mistake from anyone can jeopardize their dreams to be number one... I always prefer to resolve issues... first priority should be talks... although I don't agree with you where you are saying that what I have listed in my post is pretty much the current strategy of China... We all know that how our beloved brother wants us to get doomed... they did not let any chance to unstable our nation... China still using them against us and US...

Well, this is a very sensitive issue.

Like China, Pakistan is a multi-ethnic country. Pakistan's Eastern provinces (Punjab, Sindh) share plenty of common connections with the corresponding Indian regions. Pakistan's North Western province (KPK/NWFP) has shares historical cultural connections with Afghanistan, Pakistan's South Western province shares historical connections with Iran & the historical 'Khorasan'. Pakistan's north shares common historical connections with Tibet, China; & a form of Tibetan is spoken in Pakistan's Gilgit-Baltistan province as well.

To summarize, Pakistan is a multi-ethnic country. About half of the country (Western parts) shares absolutely no connection with India, whereas the Eastern half does. The Indus river is important to understand if you want to understand the historical connections between various regions in South Asia. But yes, there is a major conflict point between Pakistan & India: India claims to be a secular state, whereas Pakistan isn't one.

you are wrong here.punjab and sindh acount for the 80%population of pakistan.punjabis and sindhis are the same people as north and west indians.
Indians and Pakistanis have the same Y-chromosome haplogroup. We have the same genetic sequence and the same genetic marker (namely: M124). We have the same DNA molecule, the same DNA sequence. Our culture, our traditions and our cuisine are all the same. We watch the same movies and sing the same songs.so indians and pakistanis are the same race.

an overwhelming majority of pakistani muslims are converted hindus.the only difference is the religion.

Back
Top Bottom