What's new

What has Democracy solve for India? Lesson for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you want to debate with me? I agree with you, but that difficulty is relentless, India still has not changed in some deep issues, and China in the 90s, although there are some difficulties, but all are dissatisfied with the slow development of the economy, we have to take off All own conditions. Once entry into the World Trade Organization, we achieve take-off. This is not the same and India.

Oh my god. I didn't want to say this..But your making its as if its the collective decision of all the people in China to follow communism. Its not. It was pushed down your throat. Just because you had a benevolent dictatorship doesn't mean Communism is better than democracy. It could just have been worse if the leadership was different. So please don't give me all this cr@p about my country.

Its because of the cheap labour which Party can enforce and the reform process, you are where you are now. Thank your stars that you had a leadership who cares about your country( or their own power). No one who lived in a democracy would ever want to live in a communist country.

If you do not even have common sense, do not join my debate,if you want to refused discuss , do not join my debate, I certainly agree.

I agree with this opinion, it is a binder, the effect is good, but this effect has been not enough for some Indians.

You got a point there. Democracy without uniform economic development cannot sustain; that is why you see movements like Naxalism in India. With economic development comes literacy which is the bedrock of democracy. In fact democracies which have gone down economically are those which are most prone to failure.It is still an enigma to me how India survived the last 50 years when we were not doing so well economically.

Perhaps the reason why India has lagged behind China is not a matter between democracy and communism but that India is more fractured of a country than China?

Oh my god. I didn't want to say this..But your making its as if its the collective decision of all the people in China to follow communism. Its not. It was pushed down your throat.

The same thing applies to India.

India was turned into a democracy by the British empire and by a small group of Indian leaders.

The Indian people did not have a referendum to decide what form of government they would have. The Indian masses had no say whatsoever in the issue.

Perhaps the reason why India has lagged behind China is not a matter between democracy and communism but that India is more fractured of a country than China?

Maybe...

It's worth noting that there are no active armed insurgencies in China.

While there is some unrest in the Western provinces, the vast majority of the Chinese population are connected by a common sense of Chinese identity. This has been the case for a long time.

BigTree, i agreed most of your posts, but that picture is not good example. Probably you are really young enough and never got a chance work in countryside :azn: Cannot figure out whether it is wheat or rice harvesting in the picture, but either way, in most places of china , it is not done in hot summer. Wheat harvest is in later April or beginning of May, rice harvest is at fall

One of the reasons why i was questioning some Indian members if they know what it feels to be poor is that I was born poor. I grew up in countryside, and my family are still living in countryside. Believe me, I had worked in countryside since i was 6-year old. Even after I got into college, during very summer vacation when I was staying at home, i still had the chance to sweat in the farmland.

I don't know about wheat harvest, but i know pretty much about rice harvest. In China , rice can be grown twice except Hannan province where it can be done for three times and Northeast China where it can be done only once a year.

In my hometown, the first season of rice is sown in spring and reaped in summer. Right after the first season of rice is reaped, the second season of rice will be sown and then reaped in autumn.

Therefore it is hot when you are reaping rice outside.

The same thing applies to India.

India was turned into a democracy by the British empire and by a small group of Indian leaders.

The Indian people did not have a referendum to decide what form of government they would have. The Indian masses had no say whatsoever in the issue.

Don't let him fool you. We the people chose the communist to head the nation when the vast populations supported it in the civil war. Think about it how could the communists have won against a conscripted army armed with American weapons twice it size without popular support.

Mao said "The people are like water and the army is like fish" and he set out very strict rules about not stealing from the ordinary people, never swear or hitting them, always paying for what you eat, etc etc.

One of the reasons why i was questioning some Indian members if they know what it feels to be poor is that I was born poor. I grew up in countryside, and my family are still living in countryside. Believe me, I had worked in countryside since i was 6-year old. Even after I got into college, during very summer vacation when I was staying at home, i still had the chance to sweat in the farmland.

Unfortunately, in the cities, a lot of people are becoming disconnected from the countryside and from the reality of poverty.

My grandparents were of a generation where the people were generally poor, however after that... the cities started becoming increasingly wealthy. Now in the cities there are a new generation of youth who are in danger of behaving like spoiled children.

Don't let him fool you. We the people chose the communist head the nation when the vast populations supported it in the civil war. Think about it how could the communists have won against a conscripted army armed with American weapons twice it size without popular support.

Mao said "The people are like water and the army is like fish" and he set out very strict rules about not stealing from the ordinary people, never swear or hitting them, always paying for what you eat, etc etc.

Exactly right. :tup:

We had more of the choice than they did really. Ours was a "people's revolution".

No "external power" chose our fate for us.

Why is this sounding like excerpts from the Red Book ?

Red book? When I was born, the era of Red book was long gone.

BTW, you need to show some respect when you are having a discussion with others.

Relax and loosen up. Stay happy in your environment and leave others to work out things for themselves.

Don't misunderstand me, I am not jugding India and Indians like you. As I have stated, I respect the choice of Indian people. I was only doing these for the sake of discussion.

But I do pity for the poor in India, especially after I witnessed the indifference displayed to them by some Indian members in this forum.

Nevertheless, you are right, it is your problem and needs to be sorted out by you. I will leave you alone, and pelease do the same courtesy to us.

Unfortunately, in the cities, a lot of people are becoming disconnected from the countryside and from the reality of poverty.

My grandparents were of a generation where the people were generally poor, however after that... the cities started becoming increasingly wealthy. Now in the cities there are a new generation of youth who are in danger of behaving like spoiled children.

don't let the tiny percentage fool you. many city kids, except for the children of rich people, work very hard as well. there's not so much of a divide now between the youth in rural and city areas. there's lazy people in both, hard working people in both, rich in both, poor in both. near 华中科技大学, there's a street called "多乐街", but it has earned the nickname “堕落街” because of how students use it for 24 hour gaming, drinking, parties, dating, etc. both students who went to high school in the city and in the villages use it frequently! the gap is much smaller now than it was only 10 years ago!

don't let the tiny percentage fool you. many city kids, except for the children of rich people, work very hard as well. there's not so much of a divide now between the youth in rural and city areas. there's lazy people in both, hard working people in both, rich in both, poor in both. near 华中科技大学, there's a street called "多乐街", but it has earned the nickname “堕落街” because of how students use it for 24 hour gaming, drinking, parties, dating, etc. both students who went to high school in the city and in the villages use it frequently! the gap is much smaller now than it was only 10 years ago!

Good post. :cheers:

I think this problem is worse in Xiang gang though, because a lot of people here nowadays are born into families that are "wealthy". They never had to sweat in the fields, they never even have to do manual work.

There is a perception here that mainlanders have a better work ethic than the HK locals, and are seen as better value for money.

This is also one of the biggest problems for the West... as average wealth rises, younger generations are less willing to work hard. Look at the "benefit culture" in Britain for instance, where unemployed people get paid a huge amount of money and don't have to look for work.

That is one of the reasons the West is declining.

Last edited:
Good post. :cheers:

I think this problem is worse in Xiang gang though, because a lot of people here nowadays are born into families that are "wealthy". They never had to sweat in the fields, they never even have to do manual work.

very true! physical labor is 100% needed to not only know about how the poor live but it has a positive impact in your life. the real difference now isn't rural and city, it's more of "rich and poor". the children of rich coal bosses in rural shanxi obviously live far better than the children of factory workers and accountants in shanghai or beijing.

this is why i think some indians don't seem to understand the situation of their country's poor. in india, caste separates people who do work differently. some jobs are seen as "for a certain caste only". even in university and in the real world, people have the "caste mindset". their upper class rich, therefore, have little contact with the poor whereas in china, schools are very mixed between rich/poor/rural/urban and very few discriminate.

very true! physical labor is 100% needed to not only know about how the poor live but it has a positive impact in your life. the real difference now isn't rural and city, it's more of "rich and poor". the children of rich coal bosses in rural shanxi obviously live far better than the children of factory workers and accountants in shanghai or beijing.

Absolutely right. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom