What's new

What has Democracy solve for India? Lesson for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But should India democracy at least able to provide the basic human right for her people to have a full stomach?

hunger.jpg

This is a chart that should put every Indian into shame. Not only an Indian, but also those who swear in the name of democracy. How can people's representatives remain immune to the growing scourge of hunger? Shouldn't this provoke you to ask the basic: why should hunger exist in a democracy?
Hunger Proliferates In A Democracy; India Tops The Chart By Devinder Sharma

What would be your reply to this same question put by an American in the late 80's some 15+ years after you started your reforms?? Would u have bent ur head in shame as u expect us to??

What would be your reply to this same question put by an American in the late 80's some 15+ years after you started your reforms?? Would u have bent ur head in shame as u expect us to??

You point is usually the Indian point, I want to note a few points

China's overall economic liberalization policy is actually in the 90s,

Most importantly, now India even behind 1979 China in some deep social issues. Not a simple comparison to economic development.

Or say that China really took off in the accession to the World Trade Organization, India has the World Trade Organization for many years, still no chance, why?

Excellent replies by all the enlightened do good all Chinese here, while the Indians points of positiveness is completely sidelined, curious charts with obnoxius figure about how the Maoists are ruling us and how we are 99.99% under poverty line and should learn from them how to rule ourselves and how our forefathers were actually brain less dimwits who didn't know what to choose.

The thread is proving to be a ego booster to all those Chinese who think they are the best. Look at the double talk while speaking about development they say they will become a middle power by 2050!!! but we are being lectured what to do with ourselves.

And the most intelligent post here, this is a Chinese subforum so beware ur entering China now, while they are free to post anywhere Indians need passport virtual i mean to post here.

I request all the Indians who are trying to explain to the morons out there (except one for me) don't waste ur time. These guys think they are the best already, not by 2050!!!!

ALERT: TO EVERY INDIAN OUT THERE PLEASE REMEMBER TO REMIND WHEN WE FACE WITH THESE TROLLS IN INDIAN SECTION THAT, THAT IS OUR TURF AS POINTED BY A SENIOR AND INTELLIGENT POSTER

You point is usually the Indian point, I want to note a few points

China's overall economic liberalization policy is actually in the 90s,

Most importantly, now India even behind 1979 China in some deep social issues. Not a simple comparison to economic development.

Or say that China really took off in the accession to the World Trade Organization, India has the World Trade Organization for many years, still no chance, why?

DO u have any idea about Indian economical slumber pre-90's , the license raaj and the country going bankrupt completely so that we were ready to pawn our gold in UK?? If u don't then read it carefully. All your questions will be answered if u still feel inadeqaute i will try to provide answers to the best of my ability.

Best? We are the best in the developing countries, there is no external help, even under the blockade in the West, our own development, we work very hard, our results are the best in developing countries, however, nothing. Our goal is not to stay in developing countries, which is why China will be a a middle power (per capita income) in 2050.

DO u have any idea about Indian economical slumber pre-90's , the license raaj and the country going bankrupt completely so that we were ready to pawn our gold in UK?? If u don't then read it carefully. All your questions will be answered if u still feel inadeqaute i will try to provide answers to the best of my ability.

What? If you point out that that will be nice, because I do not remember.

The reason why China's economic boom after joining the World Trade Organization, because we have all the conditions, even in the 1990s. Do you think India is now the same conditions and 90s and even 70s China?

The reason why China's economic boom after joining the World Trade Organization, because we have all the conditions, even in the 1990s. Do you think India is now the same conditions and 90s and even 70s China?

Bloody hell.. I have no clue what you sayin to reply..

Bloody hell.. I have no clue what you sayin to reply..

I do not even say 90 years, we say 1970s in China, China have a land revolution, equality ideology, a comprehensive industrial base, 90% literacy rate, the basis of some advanced technologies (the atomic bomb, missiles, satellites, etc.), do you think now India has all these? You know what this means for economic development?

Last edited:
Actually 1990s China really do not essentially different than 1979, in addition to more open and focus on the economy, a more secure environment, but has not been a great development, there is no qualitative change.

Last edited:
What? If you point out that that will be nice, because I do not remember.

Before 1990's India's was a closed economy, no chance for new investments from private entities in any sector leave aside FDI. Reason to protect local industries, also these were not private owned but Govt run. Monopoly with little private players, workers unions in the name of fighting for rights playing politics etc etc the list goes on. Add to this beauracratism and red tapism which still exist but to a lesser extent.

Then religious divisions and regional tensions, the spicing up finishes with corruption. These led us to the bankruptcy from when the govt woke up from deep slumber. Actually this really helped us because people understood what happens when u play hide and seek with economy. It has taken 20 years for us to reach this stage from the status of a failed that is bankrupt country.

Now tell me about China while u had poverty and destruction caused by war, u didn't have to face these many challenges. Your main population is single entity leaving aside a minority of others. You don't have to face political situations where majority minority rights are to be balanced. To build a road in India do u know how tough it is, if the road goes by a temple or mosque or some holy place there will be agitation and govt will stop the work. If even a single person is affected he can go to court and get an order to stop the work immediately!!!

Add to this u are not faced by corrupt politicians who are hell bent on securing wealth which is enough for his grand son's grand son's grand son's etc etc.

What has democracy achieved for India???Check out the Indian members in PDF. You will have Tamil,Telugu,Kerallite,Kannada,Bengali,Gorkha,Assamese,Sikkimese,
Punjabi,Sikh, Hindus,Muslims,Christians,Jains,Buddhists all speaking different languages and practicing different languages.You know what's keeping us glued. Obviously not FEVICOL. It's DEMOCRACY stupid.

(P.S. FEVICOL is a famous adhesive brand in INDIA)

Before 1990's India's was a closed economy, no chance for new investments from private entities in any sector leave aside FDI. Reason to protect local industries, also these were not private owned but Govt run. Monopoly with little private players, workers unions in the name of fighting for rights playing politics etc etc the list goes on. Add to this beauracratism and red tapism which still exist but to a lesser extent.

Then religious divisions and regional tensions, the spicing up finishes with corruption. These led us to the bankruptcy from when the govt woke up from deep slumber. Actually this really helped us because people understood what happens when u play hide and seek with economy. It has taken 20 years for us to reach this stage from the status of a failed that is bankrupt country.

Now tell me about China while u had poverty and destruction caused by war, u didn't have to face these many challenges. Your main population is single entity leaving aside a minority of others. You don't have to face political situations where majority minority rights are to be balanced. To build a road in India do u know how tough it is, if the road goes by a temple or mosque or some holy place there will be agitation and govt will stop the work. If even a single person is affected he can go to court and get an order to stop the work immediately!!!

Add to this u are not faced by corrupt politicians who are hell bent on securing wealth which is enough for his grand son's grand son's grand son's etc etc.

What you want to debate with me? I agree with you, but that difficulty is relentless, India still has not changed in some deep issues, and China in the 90s, although there are some difficulties, but all are dissatisfied with the slow development of the economy, we have all take off own conditions. Once entry into the World Trade Organization, we achieve take-off. This is not the same and India.

Last edited:
What has democracy achieved for India???Check out the Indian members in PDF. You will have Tamil,Telugu,Kerallite,Kannada,Bengali,Gorkha,Assamese,Sikkimese,
Punjabi,Sikh, Hindus,Muslims,Christians,Jains,Buddhists all speaking different languages and practicing different languages.You know what's keeping us glued. Obviously not FEVICOL. It's DEMOCRACY stupid.

(P.S. FEVICOL is a famous adhesive brand in INDIA)

I agree with this opinion, it is a binder, the effect is good, but this effect has been not enough for some Indians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom