What's new

What has Democracy solve for India? Lesson for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although ethnic Americans were depopulated by War & violence, exploitation and massacres, More native Americans died out due to varus epidemics of common diseases like influenza, small pox etc.

That's right. :tup:

The point is that ALL nations have had such crackdowns/massacres in their history, and it's pointless to lecture each other over it.

To clarify, I made that post specifically in response to another Indian poster, who said that Communism had been "shoved down our throats", despite the fact that it was a people's revolution. The people of China took up arms against the Japanese and the corrupt KMT government, they made their own choices.

Yes I understand that. China is a mostly homogeneous society in terms of ethnicity/culture, India on the other hand is a very diverse society, with no predominant ethnic/cultural group.

The situations in both China and India are very different, which is why I believe China works best under a one-party government, and India works best under a multi-party democracy.

No problem CD i don't care about trolls, i know that u understand the situation well. Thanks for that and i do accept just as we people accepted Democracy due to our leaders u people accepted Communism by the choice of ur leaders whom u respect. That model worked for u and this works for us.

According to my understanding that India take action to suppress the rebellion minority northeast, and that there are some cruel means.

As for our debate, I object to your point, I put forward the reasons, you are against, you may ask reasons. No problem, as long as reasonable, I accept.

Well if u read the recent reports u should have seen how a total of about 100 CRPF jawans were murdered by these rebels in North East, they are not only doing this but also blowing up schools and hospitals can u believe that. In addition they are involved in kidnapping people for extortion money and to pressure people to support them. This is not a people movement. As for cruel means what do u expect us to do bow our head whenever a bunch of people take up arms??

I am not at all against an honest debate, but as much as u feel angry when one says why communism and bla bla bla i too get angry when my nations governance is questioned. I give respect and i expect one in return too.

Well if u read the recent reports u should have seen how a total of about 100 CRPF jawans were murdered by these rebels in North East, they are not only doing this but also blowing up schools and hospitals can u believe that. In addition they are involved in kidnapping people for extortion money and to pressure people to support them. This is not a people movement. As for cruel means what do u expect us to do bow our head whenever a bunch of people take up arms??

I am not at all against an honest debate, but as much as u feel angry when one says why communism and bla bla bla i too get angry when my nations governance is questioned. I give respect and i expect one in return too.

Blowing up schools is such a terrible thing.

I don't know how these separatist groups can possibly "claim" that they represent the people, when they are blowing up schools.

People who commit such horrific crimes don't deserve any mercy.

1, you can. But I want to say is that India have the same strict measures, no question.

2, if you still think that China is communism, that is your ignorance, do you think Singapore is communism? Why do I get angry as a person's ignorance. I will be angry, just when some Indians dishonest attitude.

3, if you object to my views, you can mention what a problem, please.

1, you can. But I want to say is that India have the same strict measures, no question.

2, if you still think that China is communism, that is your ignorance, do you think Singapore is communism? Why do I get angry as a person's ignorance. I will be angry, just when some Indians dishonest attitude.

3, if you object to my views, you can mention what a problem, please.

First of all i never had any problem with communism or democracy, i respect every person's choice because it is personal. The same goes to a country's too, i never said China's governance is bad or good. It is ur personal choice infact i admire the growth and development u achieved.

It was the thread starter who started with the wrong tone saying that our democracy is $hitty, every body has been only defending our democracy it was some Chinese posters here talking about hunger, working in fields and poverty etc etc. in India and posting comments which will hurt any patriotic persons feelings.

I never object to anybody's views, i give respect and expect the same in return.

First of all i never had any problem with communism or democracy, i respect every person's choice because it is personal. The same goes to a country's too, i never said China's governance is bad or good. It is ur personal choice infact i admire the growth and development u achieved.

It was the thread starter who started with the wrong tone saying that our democracy is $hitty, every body has been only defending our democracy it was some Chinese posters here talking about hunger, working in fields and poverty etc etc. in India and posting comments which will hurt any patriotic persons feelings.

I never object to anybody's views, i give respect and expect the same in return.

Perhaps my words too intense? Only debate, in fact, the Chinese system is somewhat similar to Singapore, I ask you, do you think Singapore is a communism country? At least you need to know that.

Although ethnic Americans were depopulated by War & violence, exploitation and massacres, More native Americans died out due to varus epidemics of common diseases like influenza, small pox etc. Although some smaller fraction of conspiration theorist do suspect the Europeans of deliberately infecting the natives with this viruses, there is very little truth in that. The native's immune system were not good enough for these viruses carried by the Europeans as these diseases were alien to the natives.

The Europeans did try to vaccinate when they realized the real cause of the mass deaths in village after village. But by then the worst had already happened.

Then clearly you haven't read about the ~100 years of various Indian wars that happened in America from the 1800 to the 1900.

Don't let John Wayne and those tacky western movies fool you, those wars were wars of extermination and forced settlement. Once you displace a people from their native environment and land, you don't really have to perform genocide, you can just wait for them to die off because they can't support themselves.

Oh my god. I didn't want to say this..But your making its as if its the collective decision of all the people in China to follow communism. Its not. It was pushed down your throat. Just because you had a benevolent dictatorship doesn't mean Communism is better than democracy. It could just have been worse if the leadership was different. So please don't give me all this cr@p about my country.

LOL!

Did you make a collective decision to adopt democracy?

Did you vote for democracy?

NO!

Your democracy is also pushed down into your throat. :bounce:

Before 1949, the Chinese people had the choice either to go with CPC or KMT now in Taiwan. The people chose CPC.

Its because of the cheap labour which Party can enforce and the reform process, you are where you are now. Thank your stars that you had a leadership who cares about your country( or their own power). No one who lived in a democracy would ever want to live in a communist country.

Why your cheap labor didn't do you such a goodness? This is precisely because your system sucks.

No one who lives in communism wants to live in India.

Sovereignty and separatism in China and India: The myth of difference

In fact, democratic India’s brutal suppression against its NE minorities is 100 time more ferocious than what China did in Xinjiang and Tibet, but strangely enough, it has not been publicized except by some Human Rights groups.

Check out this AFSPA enforeced in India NE: Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act, 1958 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

excerpt:
On 23 March 2009, UN Commissioner for Human Rights Navanethem Pillay asked India to repeal the AFSPA. She termed the law as "dated and colonial-era law that breach contemporary international human rights standards."[10]

…

The act has been criticized by Human Rights Watch as a "tool of state abuse, oppression and discrimination".[11]

The reason behind this weird phenomenon is perhaps that to criticize India’s system of democracy is equivalent to criticize Western system of democracy, as India’s is a copy of Western’s, and the Act reveals the core nature of brutality in Western system.

In fact, democratic India’s brutal suppression against its NE minorities is 100 time more ferocious than what China did in Xinjiang and Tibet, but strangely enough, it has not been publicized except by some Human Rights groups.

Check out this AFSPA enforeced in India NE: Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act, 1958 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

excerpt:

The reason behind this weird phenomenon is perhaps that to criticize India’s system of democracy is equivalent to criticize Western system of democracy, as India’s is a copy of Western’s, and the Act reveals the core nature of brutality in Western system.

They just suck at counter-insurgency. Maybe it's because the CCP was an insurgency at one point in its history but it understand the social factors in these conflicts much better than the Indians. As a result its counter-insurgency efforts are 90% social manipulation and 10% fear and brute force, whereas the Indian army is just clueless.

I mean what the fvck is this?
_44914717_gallery4_ap.jpg

83237082.jpg

This is the worse thing you can do is act like one of them.

it's the (ill-equipped)police CS not the IA, they are not given a free hand cuz then the likes of dhoti roy scream murder. and for good or bad, the central govt. doesn't seem to consider kashmir as a core issue. from where I stand, it is treated as a peripheral nuisance while we still focus on developing areas that are showing promising results.

it's the (ill-equipped)police CS not the IA, they are not given a free hand cuz then the likes of dhoti roy scream murder. and for good or bad, the central govt. doesn't seem to consider kashmir as a core issue. from where I stand, it is treated as a peripheral nuisance while we still focus on developing areas that are showing promising results.

Not my point. My issue is with the tactics being employed. The last thing you want to do is fight fire with fire or fight hooliganism with hooliganism. It just escalates the situation and there is nothing more attractive to a teen to 20 something than a fight.

It fans the flames of anger and ends up being much bloodier.

What you need to do is make these people fear you, to know that you can make people disappear and there is nothing they can do about it. By fighting these petty fights with rocks and slings, you give the illusion that they can win. The day that they injure a police with a stone is a day of victory.

Never never give them that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom