What's new

What has America done for Pakistan?

The point I was making is that America has allways interfered in pakistan not just now because of terrorism. Thats why there is a high dislike of americans in pakistan.
you have to know better. US never interfered in Pakistan. They were always invited to the table by the various versions of the General-Dictators of the pakistan army.

You will rarely find an occasion where US has violated the modesty. It has always been wilful generals with their dreams of 'from turkey to pakistan' who happily obliged and in fact took pride in the US regular role in their affairs. You could ask musshhraff if you wanted to. During the book tour anyone can ask a question for 500 USD!

Especially in the ninties or whenever we actually needed help

Yes But to be fair to US, any country wants to talk to the real government and center of power. Afterall everyone wants to get things done. It is not their fault if there has always been the pakistani army who are the gentlemen politicians. Who else could US or anyone else talk to? And who else would then have gained in Pakistan?

Is this the same friendship that Pakistan was boasting of till couple of years ago when dealing with India?

Is this the same friendship that Pakistan was boasting of till couple of years ago when dealing with India?

Most pakistanis have allways hated american interference in Pakistan. But our political classes are bribed by americans

Most pakistanis have allways hated american interference in Pakistan. But our political classes are bribed by americans

That is a far fetched argument. Right from the independence, the leaders wanted pakistan to be positioned as a darling of the west. It is well documented my friend. Tough to hide facts in the guise of generalizationS.

Further why blame the one legged beleaguered political class of pakisyan. Those blighters could not even deliver a baby without the army's permission from the start.

May be it could be disowned now in retrospective but how do you reckon did the army get a state then. Purely because the shortsighted US politicians thought it easier and more prosuctive to have discussions with the Military politicians. It is always easy to satisfy the wants of an army rather than that of a nation. But now anyway let us call americans the evil ones. They made pakistan do all this harakiri and Pakistani army is as saintly as the moulvis of lal masjid.

That is a far fetched argument. Right from the independence, the leaders wanted pakistan to be positioned as a darling of the west. It is well documented my friend. Tough to hide facts in the guise of generalizationS.

Further why blame the one legged beleaguered political class of pakisyan. Those blighters could not even deliver a baby without the army's permission from the start.

May be it could be disowned now in retrospective but how do you reckon did the army get a state then. Purely because the shortsighted US politicians thought it easier and more prosuctive to have discussions with the Military politicians. It is always easy to satisfy the wants of an army rather than that of a nation. But now anyway let us call americans the evil ones. They made pakistan do all this harakiri and Pakistani army is as saintly as the moulvis of lal masjid.

I am sorry I do not agreee with your assessment of Pak army/isi of which I am proud. Zardari as an example of politicos has most of his assets in US. If he was to promote anti american policies the americans would freeze his assets. The americans have done with other politicians around the world

Our military and government should've realized that U.S. was more of a friend of India's than Pakistan's when Nixon promised Pakistan he would send his naval fleet to help Pakistan in the Indo-Pak 1971 war, but our navy was waiting and waiting and no naval fleet ever arrived.

I believe that the American government will always chose the non-muslims over the Muslims.

There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Remember that.

Or maybe better to say that there is no such thing as a free Barra Khana!

Samba ne bhi bahut namak khaaya tha, phir usne goli khaayi. It is already in Bollywood history!

Our military and government should've realized that U.S. was more of a friend of India's than Pakistan's when Nixon promised Pakistan he would send his naval fleet to help Pakistan in the Indo-Pak 1971 war, but our navy was waiting and waiting and no naval fleet ever arrived.

I believe that the American government will always chose the non-muslims over the Muslims.

The problem was that Pakistan always thought that there is a shortcut and someone will hold their hand to the other side of the river. Hence it was not just that Nixon's navy never arrived but also the chinese friends did not feel like the short promised walk across the himalyas.

There is a lesson in it that Pakistani army has not learned to this day and continues to look for godfathers sine die!

But instead of retrospecting, easy to blame the US for not fighting the war for Pakistani army. Afterall Pakistani army cannot ever lose. Pakistan is not conditioned that way. There had to be an evil US who caused the defeat of the mighty pakistani army.

Not really. America did send a nuclear fleet or something but India has signed Indo-Soviet friendship treaty at that time. So according to that treaty 'The USSR gave assurances to India that if a confrontation with the United States or China developed, it would take counter-measures.' and Soviets also deployed nuclear submarine in Indian ocean to chase the American fleet away.

In fact Nixon even pressured China to do more that just logistic support. SO America WAS Pakistan's friend. :)

You ask where was America during 1965-1971 we were in the Vietnam war, But we still gave assistance for Pakistan even sent the seventh fleet with Nuclear Submarines and tried to even get China in the War during the 1971 war , if it were not for America ,Indian soldiers would have been drinking tea in a ruined Islamabad and Jinnah Tomb would have been destroyed and end to the Islamic state of Pakistan you guys should be a little more grateful.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom