What's new

What do modern day Indians think of Britain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I want from China is we don't interfere in each other's backyard.

Means India won't interfere in South east Asia and south China Sea.

similarly China would reciprocate that it will not interfere in South Asia.

What I want from China is we don't interfere in each other's backyard.

Means India won't interfere in South east Asia and south China Sea.

similarly China would reciprocate that it will not interfere in South Asia.
hahahahaha doesnt happen......we want the oil.......and more so we can not dictate terms for the country there are other players too

this is a game mate...china sees u.s,india sees china,pak sees india...its a never ending game...we cant control it..atleast not now

hahahahaha doesnt happen......we want the oil.......and more so we can not dictate terms for the country there are other players too

this is a game mate...china sees u.s,india sees china,pak sees india...its a never ending game...we cant control it..atleast not now

Do you heard the name of strategic alliance pact ?

Regarding Oil, Look there is no oil in South Asia neither in South east Asia. So why to bother ?

Answer me , If India get a seat in UNSC would Indian economic Development would come to a HALT ?
economic development will happen despite of being the unsc member...but when we're part of a global stage we need to take part in greater issues...and there are countries better than us interms of hdi ...not just millitary is sufficient to exert the influence...and more so i dont think indian leader ship is still ready to take sides...india still follows nehru's NAM in wide global issues...the situation is changing though

Do you heard the name of strategic alliance pact ?

Regarding Oil, Look there is no oil in South Asia neither in South east Asia. So why to bother ?

then why's all ongc-china-viet issues in news??yes we need to find a permanent supply...like pipeline from russia,or trading with africa...countries like iran and iraq are not going to satisfy us in future........and we need to do it fast

economic development will happen despite of being the unsc member...but when we're part of a global stage we need to take part in greater issues...and there are countries better than us interms of hdi ...not just millitary is sufficient to exert the influence...and more so i dont think indian leader ship is still ready to take sides...india still follows nehru's NAM in wide global issues...the situation is changing though

If Hdi is the criteria to become permanent member than probably Liechtenstein,Ireland,slovenia etc would have become permanent members some 2-3 decades ago.

Permanent seat will come only with absolute, brute and lethal force not by some HDI, sustainable development or biodiversity.

You all got to give it to Britain for it's role as US's global lieutenant . That's how Uk is keeping it's game on high table. Really saying the day 1 Pound = 10 Rupees no one gives a damn about UK. Though UK is home to many Indians and relatively close enough to India diplomatically.

But i case of war between China and UK , We will either be on no one's side or will end up supporting UK .

then why's all ongc-china-viet issues in news??yes we need to find a permanent supply...like pipeline from russia,or trading with africa...countries like iran and iraq are not going to satisfy us in future........and we need to do it fast

Do you know their is called silk route in ancient past ?

Kashmir,Laddakh to Central Asia through China bypassing both unstable states(Pak and Afg).

You all got to give it to Britain for it's role as US's global lieutenant . That's how Uk is keeping it's game on high table. Really saying the day 1 Pound = 10 Rupees no one gives a damn about UK. Though UK is home to many Indians and relatively close enough to India diplomatically.

But i case of war between China and UK , We will either be on no one's side or will end up supporting UK .

One should never support loosing side.

Regarding Indians in UK, during cold War era , there were more Indian in USA than any part of world ,still we had very bitter relations.

IMO, U are the BEST person to answer the question of the OP ;)

Well as a Brit of Indian origin all I can say is there is a,somewhat, conflict of identities within me. On one hand I was brought up and educated in the UK so of course I feel British, but my Indian identity, to me, is undeniable and unforgettable. As such the conflict arises when I recall all that was done to India by Britain (rape,pillage,looting,genocide etc), I still have very close link to India in the form of my family who are in India and visit regularly as such I feel Indian too, and this really, REALLY angers me. I have doen quite a bit of research on the British empire and India under colonail rule and what happened was utterly sickening. What makes it worse is the UK media adding their BS ignorant POV on the entire colonial period was a "golden age" for the world where Britain civilized the brutes, brought democracy, devlopment etc etc and then add to this false narrative with "India is a poor nation with x amount of poverty" pretty implying India was BETTER off under British rule. Recent foreign aid debates vis a vis India have only highlighted this stupid POV and angered me further, there is 0 recognition for the fact that before the Britis came there was virtually no poverty in India and that the only period of serious poverty in the sub-continent in History has occured from just after the Brits invaded till today. There is always the argument that the UK of today is not the same as the UK/Britain of old but I find at the higher echoleons of society the mindset hasn't changed in centuries and these people still look down their noses at India and its people.

The UK view (white view) is mixed between India is a poor,dirty,smelly (etc) nation and India is a cool,vibrant,interesting nation.

A few more years need to pass for the views to change.

As far as the OP's Q goes, I cannot really comment for those who are Indian citizens, have been brought up in India and educated under the Indian education system. For me the UK has a lot to answer for but it is what it is. The young generations probobly don't care too much, they are aware of the history between India and the UK but in today's world the UK is a fading/faded insignifcant nation 1000s of miles away. India has its own path now and that is the focus (as it should be).

As I say, I can't really comment.

If Hdi is the criteria to become permanent member than probably Liechtenstein,Ireland,slovenia etc would have become permanent members some 2-3 decades ago.

Permanent seat will come only with absolute, brute and lethal force not by some HDI, sustainable development or biodiversity.
i never said hdi must be a criterion but what i mean is before going to the world stage we must take care of our home first....

Do you know their is called silk route in ancient past ?

Kashmir,Laddakh to Central Asia through China bypassing both unstable states(Pak and Afg).

yeah..also know that kanishka captured it and collected tax from chinese..but thats history this is 20th century...and we have to plan future taking prenst in to account...

Well as a Brit of Indian origin all I can say is there is a,somewhat, conflict of identities within me. On one hand I was brought up and educated in the UK so of course I feel British, but my Indian identity, to me, is undeniable and unforgettable. As such the conflict arises when I recall all that was done to India by Britain (rape,pillage,looting,genocide etc), I still have very close link to India in the form of my family who are in India and visit regularly as such I feel Indian too, and this really, REALLY angers me. I have doen quite a bit of research on the British empire and India under colonail rule and what happened was utterly sickening. What makes it worse is the UK media adding their BS ignorant POV on the entire colonial period was a "golden age" for the world where Britain civilized the brutes, brought democracy, devlopment etc etc and then add to this false narrative with "India is a poor nation with x amount of poverty" pretty implying India was BETTER off under British rule. Recent foreign aid debates vis a vis India have only highlighted this stupid POV and angered me further, there is 0 recognition for the fact that before the Britis came there was virtually no poverty in India and that the only period of serious poverty in the sub-continent in History has occured from just after the Brits invaded till today. There is always the argument that the UK of today is not the same as the UK/Britain of old but I find at the higher echoleons of society the mindset hasn't changed in centuries and these people still look down their noses at India and its people.

The UK view (white view) is mixed between India is a poor,dirty,smelly (etc) nation and India is a cool,vibrant,interesting nation.

A few more years need to pass for the views to change.

As far as the OP's Q goes, I cannot really comment for those who are Indian citizens, have been brought up in India and educated under the Indian education system. For me the UK has a lot to answer for but it is what it is. The young generations probobly don't care too much, they are aware of the history between India and the UK but in today's world the UK is a fading/faded insignifcant nation 1000s of miles away. India has its own path now and that is the focus (as it should be).

As I say, I can't really comment.

This is called Rassi jal gayi par bal nahi gaye .

China's attack would shatter white man's ego.

Exactly this lesson is to be told to Britain that all men are equal.

for me uk is like any other western nation which is sort of poodle of us of a. we are not enemies not strong allies either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom