What's new

War Strategy: The collapse of Cold Start

i do not think india can overwhelm and render the paf ineffective within a short period, but you are absolutely right pakistan is rather lacking in depth compared to india. but pakistani nukes are almost certainly kept in many different places there is no way india can get them all in a short time even more so when as i said they cannot discount paf in a short time.

also perhaps this is one of the very reasons that pakistan wants china running one of the ports which will keeps a port open plus whatever can make it through the china/pakistan borders lest india feels like it wants to kill thousands of Chinese citizens working at the port and drag its large neighbor in to it because unless india clearly started the war china will have trouble openly joining due india being a nuclear power and the lack of a cause but if thousands of citizens were to die then even if the government didn't want to the citizens will force it to.

An excellent analysis at the geo-political level, but needs only a military response. That measure of introspection at the political level of the PRC will not be necessary. A simple blockade of the port by the Indian Navy will resolve matters.

But then of course the Pakistanis have brilliant generals like Notorious_Eagle to even up things. As long as they have talent of this order of magnitude, that understands military doctrine and convert it into field conditions and probabilities with such ease and flair, as long as they have planners and strategists who understand how quickly the PA can skip sideways from Murree to Karachi, in either direction, they have nothing to fear.

Notorius

Cold start is part Fiction and part Reality as some poster put this earlier. The reason its part fiction India stil lacks 30% of the necessary hardware to make it effective.

But it shows india,s confidence as to the direction of both its industrial might and military might that they consider or even talk about such military doctrine.

AS far as India Pakistan war is concerned its clear that the indian military machine is been geared for offensive war against Pakistan.

In contrast Pakistan current procurement seems very defensive in nature.

Pakistan would never even discuss a COLD START plan. They don,t have the ability to engage India on indian territory lacking long range air dominance, strike planes large nos of para troopers/ speacial forces hundeds of helicopters, heavey lift transport. Nothing like what india can bring to bear on Pakistan.

But i would nt be ridiculing any military doctrine of the enemy who will outspend you by 6 times over the next 10 years.

Can you imagine the imblance by 2020

An excellent analysis at the geo-political level, but needs only a military response. That measure of introspection at the political level of the PRC will not be necessary. A simple blockade of the port by the Indian Navy will resolve matters.

But then of course the Pakistanis have brilliant generals like Notorious_Eagle to even up things. As long as they have talent of this order of magnitude, that understands military doctrine and convert it into field conditions and probabilities with such ease and flair, as long as they have planners and strategists who understand how quickly the PA can skip sideways from Murree to Karachi, in either direction, they have nothing to fear.

Come on Sir you are being too kind; i am nothing infront of Generals that India has, a good example would be Storm Force. According to him IAF will level PAF in a matter of hours, destroy our nuclear reactors, ballistic missiles, power stations and command control centres. I am going to personally write a letter to COAS Kayani recommending that Pakistan Armed Forces immediately surrender if India threatens us with war; or when i see my uncle next time who is a Major General in the Armoured Core, i will give him the same advice. As far as skipping Murree to Karachi is concerned, make sure you research where the 5th Corps and 12th Division are stationed. Considering how well the road infrastructure has been improved in the North, and Army recently opening up another exclusive route(not going to name exactly where), please i assure you dont worry about our supply routes although we are flattered about how much you care.

hence much of the Pakistani military's obsession with India doing so is unfounded.

china has no intention of invading the US.

therefore the us obsession with china dominating the world is unfounded.

americas please stop your sinophobia.

china will have trouble openly joining due india being a nuclear power and the lack of a cause but if thousands of citizens were to die then even if the government didn't want to the citizens will force it to.
I think China will get involved in any war between India and Pakistan.

Suppose another terrorist attack happens with hundreds of casualties in India and India launches an air strike on Pakistan. China will retaliate and strike Indian military bases maybe even government or industrial targets in Delhi or Mumbai. China's airfields in Tibet will be ready by 2012. We can bring in J-11B with PGM for the attack.

there is no such doctrine called cold start.
pscychological war.
India won it through diplomatically, now the affect is reducing.
thats it..........

I think China will get involved in any war between India and Pakistan.

Suppose another terrorist attack happens with hundreds of casualties in India and India launches an air strike on Pakistan. China will retaliate and strike Indian military bases maybe even government or industrial targets in Delhi or Mumbai. China's airfields in Tibet will be ready by 2012. We can bring in J-11B with PGM for the attack.

Well, you're almost right :P

The thing is, we don't know how China is gonna react in a case of a actual WAR. if there are Air Strikes on Pakistan and as per our Zero tolerance doctrine, it will be the declaration of WAR.

War, not good for Pakistan, neither Bharat :D

But yeah, one thing I know, the next war will be the decisive one, either we die or Bharat dies. Simple!

P.S : I'm not a war monger :P

The thing is, we don't know how China is gonna react in a case of a actual WAR. if there are Air Strikes on Pakistan and as per our Zero tolerance doctrine, it will be the declaration of WAR.

But yeah, one thing I know, the next war will be the decisive one, either we die or Bharat dies. Simple!

reaction of china will be the neutral one in case of war and it should be for them, but will supports politically, diplomatically and may supports through providing weapons but will not engage themselves directly.

reaction of china will be the neutral one in case of war and it should be for them, but will supports politically, diplomatically and may supports through providing weapons but will not engage themselves directly.

Future scenarios will be shocking my friend ;) Stay tuned! :pakistan::china:

Don't worry! Once China opens the railway through Kashmir to Islamabad, PLA can deploy tank divisions to fight India. India has no chance against elite PLA forces and powerful air strikes from Tibet.

In the end, it will be Pakistan that stands victorious in Delhi!

Don't worry! Once China opens the railway through Kashmir to Islamabad, PLA can deploy tank divisions to fight India. India has no chance against elite PLA forces and powerful air strikes from Tibet.

In the end, it will be Pakistan that stands victorious in Delhi!

neither of us victorius brother, as you painted the picture above it seems like WWW3...:pakistan::china:

neither of us victorius brother, as you painted the picture above it seems like WWW3...:pakistan::china:

Well, I was referring to the LAST WAR, the decisive one, we Muslims call it Ghazwa e Hind, anyone can give any name to it.. BUT the war is inevitable Brother, sooner or later, we can't IGNORE the fact.

Anyways, discussion is being diverted to somewhere else, I'm off!

Back
Top Bottom