What's new

Wahhabism & its Connections with Terrorism..!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
487705_349658088480876_209258914_n.jpg

Whatever the merits to the arguments and counter arguments may be, as a policy we don't allow such debates upon religions/Islamic sects.

If you want to point out acts of terrorism by specific individuals then its another thing, but group blame discussions often deteriorate.

Whatever the merits to the arguments and counter arguments may be, as a policy we don't allow such debates upon religions/Islamic sects.

If you want to point out acts of terrorism by specific individuals then its another thing, but group blame discussions often deteriorate.

Personally I am strongly against banning of topics because it places limits on discussions. For example lets take an off-topic thing like the 40,000 child sex workers. We at PDF can choose to ignore this issue because it is a ganda topic and can result in the same thing we see here-even comparisions. However the issue is what is our purpose... shouldn't we be the ones finding solutions to the problems of Pakistan? How then will not talking about it resolve anything? Debate is the first step towards the resolution of an issue.

My point of contention usually is that we are ignoring a problem only because the topic is potentially explosive. Some points here:

1) Wahabism is a school of thought and in Saudi at least 60%+ of the populace believes Sufis are non-muslim according to PEW. Point to not these attitudes already exist which we see on the site too. Should we avoid the issue because it is potentially explosive?
2) Wahabis have an uneven role in world terrorism and this is not a Shia but a Sunni openly saying this but how they find a Shia hand in all this is a huge question.
3) Wahabism has been established by the sword while Islam was established through peace and the work of Ibn Khaldun, Ibn Rushd, Khalil, Ghazali, Ib Batuta and many others.

The first step to recognizing the issue is disengaging from slandering and attacks is to start with Ijtehad but half of us have been ruled by violent dictatorships keen to maintain their power. We cannot comprehend a world without wahabism, especially those in the gulf-whether Pakistani or Arab. I lived in the gulf too and respect the countries but don't think debate is something that should be hampered.

Personally despite my convictions on freedom of speech seeing how this thread has deteriorated I believe there is no moderation that can be done. Elite members are involved in Anti-Shia diatribes including Batman. Perhaps if Asim you see fit the thread should be closed. Otherwise I would suggest a warning to members who attack a sect. School of thought debate is ancient and dates back to 8th century during Kindi's time as well. The debate form of reform was Ijtehad. Also note the Din e ilahi of akbar. If these people can debate Wahabism without taking offence it is my personal wish the thread continue, if they are going to attack 20% of my country's population it should be closed.

Your call Cap'n. :)
And did you get my mail?
@muse, @BLACKEAGLE, @MesoMania, @Patriots decide what you want. War between fellow countrymen or a solution. Do note ours is the way of Chishti order and Rumi. Wahabism was never native to South Asia and thus may be an unwelcome visitor turned away from our gates.

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom