What's new

Views of Pakistanis regarding 1965 war

Victory, in fact, belonged to no one in last week's ceasefire. Kashmir remained divided. India still claimed 690 sq. mi. of Pakistani territory (see map), but had failed by a scant three miles to capture the strategic Sialkot plateau. Pakistan held 250 sq. mi. of Indian Kashmir and Rajasthan, but had lost —temporarily at least — half its armor. And Red China had lost that most val uable of Asian commodities: face.

@Bilal....This is the quote from TIME magazine...i posted it up above. Now i expect you to change tactics and call this false as well. Meh...

When I quoted wikipedia, it was a different figure. Unless you provide a link for your claim, it is baseless.

I hope you are not accusing me of editing the page. Fine, believing it or not is upto you, I have nothing to lose.

EDIT:- Please refer to the post above which gives an excerpt from the Time Magazine.

If the Pakistani Army is telling the truth why did it do this ?

Army attemps to prevent book sales

^gounder...read my post above. I think we can call bilal's request for "independent" ,"unbiased" sources fully satisfied..?

Whatever indians say, the fact is indian troops crossed international borders (violated international law) and invaded Lahore, Pakistan. Pakistani troops and Pakistan Airforce kicked out indian troops, and kept many indian war prisoners. Indian people's dream of capturing Lahore never came true.

Lahore is still the provincial capital of Punjab Province of Pakistan. So Pakistan won :pakistan:

Whatever indians say, the fact is indian troops crossed international borders (violated international law) and invaded Lahore, Pakistan. Pakistani troops and Pakistan Airforce kicked out indian troops, and kept many indian war prisoners. Indian people's dream of capturing Lahore never came true.

Lahore is still the provincial capital of Punjab Province of Pakistan. So Pakistan won :pakistan:

are yaar...India wasn't looking to invade your god-forsaken piece of land. We were the defenders. Brush up on history.

Lahore is still the provincial capital of Punjab Province of Pakistan. So Pakistan won

Pakistan would have won if they had achived their pre-war objective : Liberation of Kashmir.

But the very fact that the scene of fighting shifted from Kashmir to Punjab (Pak) shows who had the upper hand and who was on the defensive.

Anyway my post # 12 highlights what most Pakistanis exhibit here : Propaganda of a massive victory by the Pakistan Armed Forces.

Check your history... who started the war again???

Pakistan would have won if they had achived their pre-war objective : Liberation of Kashmir.

But the very fact that the scene of fighting shifted from Kashmir to Punjab (Pak) shows who had the upper hand and who was on the defensive.

Anyway my post # 12 highlights what most Pakistanis exhibit here : Propaganda of a massive victory by the Pakistan Armed Forces.

Theres no International Borders between the two sides of Kashmir, Kashmir was always a disputed territory since 1948.

Lahore was never a disputed territory and Lahore was always part of Pakistan since 1947. Indians violated International Law and violated International Borders and invaded Lahore, Pakistan. We kicked you out, kept your indian troops as war prisoners, and kept your tanks and won the war.

Wall street Journal.

The army controls all aspects of the nuclear program, while the civilian administration exercises only nominal supervision. Having lost four wars to India since 1947, the Pakistani military sees the bomb as an equalizer and deterrent against its bigger neighbor—the primary reason it has spent scarce resources on this capability.

Opinion: South Asia's Looming Arms Race - WSJ.com

every country will present the history in such a way that they look good, nothing wrong in it. Only the brave ones can take the truth.

I have no doubts the Pakistan feeds incorrect history, unfortunately people fall for it.

Back
Top Bottom