What's new

US ready to arm Philippines amid China tension

lol we are helping countries defend their territory and making sure no country gets to thinking they can decide territorial disputes through force.

except yourselves right?
You guys are THE masters of Hypocrisy and Ignorance

china should start arming itself faster and give statements like this one...to put fear on those small asean countries

Good move by the Yanks.

Balance of power must be maintained in the seas off Vietnam and Phillipines.

There will never be balance of power there.

The more China develops, the better China has upper hand there and the less likelihood U.S. will do anything there as well.

So China just need develop herself better and faster.

except yourselves right?
You guys are THE masters of Hypocrisy and Ignorance

I could care less whether you call it hypocrisy or not. The US hasn't decided its territorial disputes through force for many years, so with respect to current day politics, no it is not hypocritical.

China has nothing to worry about if it doesn't plan to attack concerned claimant's countries or forces in the disputed territories.

I could care less whether you call it hypocrisy or not. The US hasn't decided its territorial disputes through force for many years, so with respect to current day politics, no it is not hypocritical.

China has nothing to worry about if it doesn't plan to attack concerned claimant's countries or forces in the disputed territories.

China cares less what U.S. think nowadays. If I were U.S., I would care more about what hundreds of million voters back home think. Do you think U.S. voters would like to start a new war with China???

About territorial disputes, China has abide by her tolerance quite well. Till now, we have not set up drilling platform in SCS. Look at what VN and PH have done!!!

You call China is bullying others. If China is, you will see tons of drill platform in SCS already. You think VN and PH have those drilling technology China does not have.

We are less developed compared with U.S. but much more developed compared with VN and PH.

Apart from China hurrying its military programs, nothing else will be achieved by this statement. I do like the Philippines but negotiation is the way forward. Their military is hopelessly poor and 250 million won't do much to remedy this fact.

Apart from China hurrying its military programs, nothing else will be achieved by this statement. I do like the Philippines but negotiation is the way forward. Their military is hopelessly poor and 250 million won't do much to remedy this fact.

Well now that the US won't be funding Pakistan as much or much longer - we have cash for the " military aid" of Philippines.

and can you imagine the repercussions if the us economy collapses completely??
Eu, china, india all economies will collapse, it will be the great depression of 1930s all over again...

So we should all bend over and let america do whateva they want?

So we should all bend over and let america do whateva they want?

Instead of praying that US economy will collapse .
We should first try to improve our economy and facilitate regional trade especially between India and Pakistan .

No need for PH to buy. PH only needs to re-authorize US Subic Bay Naval Base and US Clark Airbase. USA will do the rest. :wave:

Japan has a much larger and more advance miltary than PH and is also home to the largest US forward naval base - if that doesn't stop China from violating Japanese territory then what makes you think that re-authorizing Subic bay will stop Chinese boats harassing PH boats?

On a separate note, I wonder how the other claimants will react to America supplying arms to PH.
It won't have any real effect in the balance of power with China, but it may have an effect in the balance of power of the weaker countries like Vietnam.
At worst, it could be seen as US endorsing PH's claim.

Mr. Gambit --- what are the general "intentions" in Libya? Short war, another long one?

it IS a war now, right?
Desire and intention are two different things. We have always desire Libya to be without Qdaffy, of course. But our intention right now under Obama is at best murky for the American public to either rally behind or oppose. My gut guess right now is that the American public would support an outright overthrow of the current Libyan government and let the vultures sort out the carcass. Go big or get out.

Back
Top Bottom