What's new

US & Pakistan Dispute and Tensions over Haqqani group

US can’t live with or without us, says PM

KARACHI: Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani on Friday said that the United States could not effectively fight the ongoing war in Afghanistan without Pakistan’s assistance, DawnNews reported.

”They can’t live with us. They can’t live without us,” Gilani told reporters in Karachi.

”So, I would say to them that if they can’t live without us, they should increase contacts with us to remove misunderstandings.”

The prime minister also emphasised that the US should avoid issuing statements unacceptable to the Pakistani public.

No compromise would be acceptable on Pakistan’s sovereignty, he said, adding that, a stable Afghanistan was in the interests of Pakistan.

Gilani was responding to Senate testimony by the outgoing chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen, who said Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence agency (ISI) was closely tied to the Haqqani network.

Mullen said on Thursday that the ISI played a role in the September 13 attack on the US embassy in Kabul, supporting militants known as the Haqqani network.

That network, Mullen said, is a “veritable arm” of the ISI.

US can

Scapegoating a much weaker nation Like Pakistan for own created Disasters doesn't suits the statuesque of a hegemonic super power like US :agree:

Ignoring your poor attempt at sarcasm, I stand by the content of my posts. It is a pity that diehards do not see the light until they die hard.

Your post didn't possess importance i can give. While replying you is same like replying media based illusion oriented posts which they presumed reality. If diehard stance brings dignity, respect for country and success for our interests then not a bad idea. In partition there were all diehards left for Pakistan, there are all diehards fighting for Pakistan on western border against terrorism so it’s hard to agree with your grade of thinking. Keep it.

Scapegoating a much weaker nation Like Pakistan for own created Disasters doesn't suits the statuesque of a hegemonic super power like US :agree:
But then if you guys are so rabidly against America why do you still beg for their aid? They've been supporting you since 1947 and pumped in countless billions of dollars without which you would have faded away into the darkness.

$20 billion since 9/11!! That's a lot of dosh! And you guys keep biting the hand that feeds you! Jeeeez! :no:

But then if you guys are so rabidly against America why do you still beg for their aid? They've been supporting you since 1947 and pumped in countless billions of dollars without which you would have faded away into the darkness.

$20 billion since 9/11!! That's a lot of dosh! And you guys keep biting the hand that feeds you! Jeeeez! :no:

Correction!

The US pays to the Pakistani politicians for her own interests. Trust me if ever a govt. that is true representative of pakistani people comes, this WOT would end and the American fort like embassy and its extra staff shall be leaving Pakistan the next day.

The people of this country allowed Americans to have an embassy and diplomatic staff, not a Viceroy and a fort!

All the factors that you mention are hyped up for good reasons, and you will see them being resolved one by one when the time is right.

It's not hyped up, these are very real problems. I've seen country go downhill since I've been here from 2001. Things won't get magically resolved unless there is serious restructuring of the US socio-economic-political systems, & things will only get worse from here in America. The right time for a 'change' was with all the promises Obama made to us when he got elected, we are too deeply entrenched in a lot of 'failing projects', & unless this situation is rectified, the US will continue on failing.

It's not hyped up, these are very real problems. I've seen country go downhill since I've been here from 2001. Things won't get magically resolved unless there is serious restructuring of the US socio-economic-political systems, & things will only get worse from here in America. The right time for a 'change' was with all the promises Obama made to us when he got elected, we are too deeply entrenched in a lot of 'failing projects', & unless this situation is rectified, the US will continue on failing.

I am sure we can discuss these aspects elsewhere, but let us not take this thread off topic, please.

Khan Sahib: The concepts of "open challenge", "liar" and "disgrace" do NOT apply to international geopoliticis. Kayani is no coward, and having "balls" or not is a meaningless term. He will be forced into making decisions based on realpolitik, simple as that.

Hi,

Oh yes they do---absolutely you have to respond tit for a tat with opposition like this----this is WMD scenario being built up again---and we all know what happened with iraq after all that rhetoric-----.

It is the 'speak up now or forever hold your tongue' moment in our lives----Kiyani must openly say to the admiral----don't blame us for your failures----as he has been smacked in the public forum---he needs to smack right back----.

For once---pak general needs to play this game in the similiar manner that the american general is playing---bring out a systematic list of american deployment and operational failures in this war---throw the ball in their court---let them be defencive---let their public have a wake up moment to see the incompetency of their generals as well---.

This LAYING DOWN AND TAKING IT LIKE A MAN don't work in this age and time----there is too much at stake----there is too much disgrace being dumped on the motherland and you are mentioning " it does not work in international geopolitics "---oh---it doesn't--=--why don't someone go tell Admiral Mullen and Leon Panetta etc etc etc----why you want to shut your own people----.

When your friend is fighting another person---and you try to stop the fight----you know who the worst enemy is of your friend---it is you---who gets in the middle and holds his friends arms and tries to take him away and in the menatime the other guy finds an oppurtunity and slides the knife through the ribs---and your friend is dying and you you are saying---hey man---I tried to stop the fight---no you did not----you participated in getting your friend killed.

Admiral Mullen and Leon Panetta have been stirring up this pot of sh-it for awhile now----pak has to start making appropriate responses----they need to start talking about the operational and deployment failures of the american forces---you cannot get beat up by the americans all the time----now is the time to fight back---. Kiyani needs to learn to fight Mullen in a similiar manner---.

Hi,

Oh yes they do---absolutely you have to respond tit for a tat with opposition like this----this is WMD scenario being built up again---and we all know what happened with iraq after all that rhetoric-----.

It is the 'speak up now or forever hold your tongue' moment in our lives----Kiyani must openly say to the admiral----don't blame us for your failures----as he has been smacked in the public forum---he needs to smack right back----.

For once---pak general needs to play this game in the similiar manner that the american general is playing---bring out a systematic list of american deployment and operational failures in this war---throw the ball in their court---let them be defencive---let their public have a wake up moment to see the incompetency of their generals as well---.

This LAYING DOWN AND TAKING IT LIKE A MAN don't work in this age and time----there is too much at stake----there is too much disgrace being dumped on the motherland and you are mentioning " it does not work in international geopolitics "---oh---it doesn't--=--why don't someone go tell Admiral Mullen and Leon Panetta etc etc etc----why you want to shut your own people----.

When your friend is fighting another person---and you try to stop the fight----you know who the worst enemy is of your friend---it is you---who gets in the middle and holds his friends arms and tries to take him away and in the menatime the other guy finds an oppurtunity and slides the knife through the ribs---and your friend is dying and you you are saying---hey man---I tried to stop the fight---no you did not----you participated in getting your friend killed.

Admiral Mullen and Leon Panetta have been stirring up this pot of sh-it for awhile now----pak has to start making appropriate responses----they need to start talking about the operational and deployment failures of the american forces---you cannot get beat up by the americans all the time----now is the time to fight back---. Kiyani needs to learn to fight Mullen in a similiar manner---.

For all that you typed above, all I will say in response is what I have said before: Realpolitik will win.

Hi,

Sir!! Situation is not that bleek however!!! First, Bcz its not 2003-4 as US lost most of its credibility in all those years internationally!! 2ndly If Anti Afghan/USA groups are operating from Pakistan, USA dealing with them through drones at least while violating Pakistan's soverignity first, we are tolerating it for the time-being but Pakistan still as a soverign nation (as thier is no written agreement with US for such operations and he still shy to register it) can take this case to ICC as well on our part..as their is no binding as well on this route!!!
If Kayani and Pahsa are booked for the murders of US nationals in US courts than we too booked Obama and CIA in murdering thousands of our innocents people and as a matter of fact a relevant case still at large in Pakistani courts filed by tribesmen against Obama and CIA..If situation get worst we too have leverages at our part to take the stakes higher and higher....as long as US wants. Yeah..."We" did file these cases intentionally a year back....We knows exactly whats comming!!

Sir, with thousand applogies Kayani knows exactly whats cooking and what will be served intermediately...Afterall its our backyard!!! So why should he panic????? Why should he plays on Mike mullen's turf now when he already and clearly beaten at a real one which matters most in the longer run as well??

When you Milked a cow, you silently tied the legs of her with robes, When she slowly finds herself tied and going to panic to try to free herself, you slowly tapping her thies with own hand and mischaviously tolerated her kicks even but re-tied that knots silently again while utterring the words....poooches..posshese..posshese!! We should do the same and i believe we are doing exactly (as far as our security establishment is concerned)!!!!!

For all that you typed above, all I will say in response is what I have said before: Realpolitik will win.

Sir,

Talk is inexpensive-----.

In order for you to act or react, you have to see the past history of the aggressor and if in the past, the aggressor has used similiar rhetoric and tactics to setup its opponents before it smashed them and you look at how the opponents played it down and didnot feel the urgency to tell their part in the story---and thought that 'realpolotik' will take care of the issues and look where they are----about two and a half million dead---and even with these examples right in front of our faces---we have the first hand visual and audio knowledge of these incidences and still we chose to bury our heads in the sand---then indeed there is no reason to blame the enemy.

They already told us what they will do---they already showed us what they had done to other---they already showed us that when they have serious financial or political issues, they go to war---then it falls upon us to react in an appropriate manner.

But my question to you is, if Realpolitik does not work and there are strikes on pakistan and there is loss of life---would you then make the ultimate sacrifice----.

But my question to you is, if Realpolitik does not work and there are strikes on pakistan and there is loss of life---would you then make the ultimate sacrifice----.

It all depends on the choices that Pakistan's leaders make now that will determine the outcome. I hope they will be able to chose wisely for Pakistan. They will see what needs to be done and do it, or they will be shown what needs to be done and how it is done. Simple.

When you Milked a cow, you silently tied the legs of her with robes, When she slowly finds herself tied and going to panic to try to free herself, you slowly tapping her thies with own hand and mischaviously tolerated her kicks even but re-tied that knots silently again while utterring the words....poooches..posshese..posshese!! We should do the same and i believe we are doing exactly (as far as our security establishment is concerned)!!!!!

Sir,

The first part of your discussion---okay---we agree and disagree----but this part is raher stu-pid----please-----don't believe in it. It is not a cow----it is a mass killing monster that is acting like stupid---it is a beast that Yamamoto was scared of---it didn't go to real war but through proxy war of sanctions alone was responsible for the deaths of about 2 miilion iraqi children between 1991 and 2003----not counting the deaths of adults----and when it went to war---it destroyed a nation completely and killed another million and a half without uttering a MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

So---learn to show some respect for the opponent----learn to show respect for what it can do in the blink of the eye----.

Remember the OBL strike-----what happened----the myth of pak millitary is busted apart----.

It all depends on the choices that Pakistan's leaders make now that will determine the outcome. I hope they will be able to chose wisely for Pakistan. They will see what needs to be done and do it, or they will be shown what needs to be done and how it is done. Simple.

Hi,

So---when they are shown what needs to be done or not to be done---then it is not Realpolitik----.

Here comes Ur's US citizenship and alongwith its EGOOOO!!!

I want to just remember you what a small nation...in fact not even a memeber of UN uptill now did to US just days back... he smacks veto threat while seeing in the eyes of US president directly and went ahead....what time you are living in my dear!!!! come out your utopian world before its too late!!!! Don't be stubborn like your president and your country!!!

Tameem,

Now you are being silly------what does u s citizenship have to do with the discussion----is that how far your intellect goes----.

And as far as what that small nation did---I presume you are talking about palestine----is that what you want to become----I really believe that you lack the understanding of what is happening----. Good luck to you.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom