What's new

US & Pakistan Dispute and Tensions over Haqqani group

BBC News - Pakistan 'supported Kabul embassy attack' - Mike Mullen
The most senior US military officer has accused Pakistan's spy agency of supporting the Haqqani group in planning and conducting last week's attack on the US embassy in Kabul.

"The Haqqani network... acts as a veritable arm of Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence Agency," Adm Mike Mullen told a Senate panel.

In July he said Pakistan sanctioned the killing of journalist Saleem Shahzad.

Pakistan's government called that statement "irresponsible".

Pakistani officials have consistently denied links with militant groups.

'Credible intelligence'
At least 25 people died during the 20-hour attack on the US embassy, Nato headquarters and police buildings in Kabul on 22 September.

The dead included 11 civilians, among them children, along with at least four police and 10 insurgents.

"With ISI support, Haqqani operatives planned and conducted a truck bomb attack, as well as the assault on our embassy," said Adm Mullen, who steps down this month as chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff.

"We also have credible intelligence that they were behind the 28 June attack against the Inter-Continental Hotel in Kabul and a host of other smaller but effective operations."

The Haqqani network, which is closely allied to the Taliban and reportedly based in Pakistan, has been blamed for several high-profile attacks against Western, Indian and government targets in Afghanistan.

It is often described by Pakistani officials as a predominantly Afghan group, but correspondents say its roots reach deep inside Pakistani territory, and speculation over its links to Pakistan's security establishment refuses to die down.

Why should anyone give a crap about what he says... he has also accused the Pakistani government for sanctioning the murder of Saleem Shahzad, & letting China look at the tail of the blackhawk helicopter... both of which he has provided no evidence for.

Screw the US, the Taliban and the Haqqanis are going to be major players in Afghanistan as soon as the Yanks leave, it is our vital national interest to maintain contacts with them.

i think its none of your business where he lives or not this thread is not about personal attacks.....
about hypocrite ....... i want to remind you that USA made talibans , USA support illegal state of Israel and UK supported , USA attack on Iraq for oil and there no WMDs and UK was with him, USA and NATO attacked libya , USA and europr help Terrorist organizations like JAndullah against Iran ,
USA used Atomic bomb against Japan..... so a terrorist want us to help to take action against Haqqani and they themselves are negotiating with Talibans .....wow nice what a double standard

There is not one single statement in your post that is true. I cannot believe you are a doctor. No one who exhibits your lack of understanding or ability to understand facts, causes and effects should be diagnosing human illnesses. IMHO.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

I think we now have a front-runner for "Comment of the Year"!

Perhaps he is the winner in the "self-reflective" or "classical transference" categories.

I think we now have a front-runner for "Comment of the Year"!

Mr zion lova why do you specialize in having nothing to say about the topic. Are you the "Retard of the Year" fourth year in the row. If you got nothing to add to the thread don't post cr*p.

On topic Pakistan has to realize that relationship should not be based on aid.
The aid firstly doesn't reach the source where it is aimed at. Hope Pakistan has the balls to be sophisticated in its thinking before making any decision on aid..

Screw the US, the Taliban and the Haqqanis are going to be major players in Afghanistan as soon as the Yanks leave, it is our vital national interest to maintain contacts with them.

Its pretty hilarious how some Pakistanis on one hand cry a river about UN resolution on Kashmir and then on the other hand talk about maintaining relations with people designated as terrorists by the same UN..

I dont know whether to call it double standards or INFERIORITY COMPLEX :woot:

keep ur money to ur self and let we pakistanies goto hell or kill each other ur poor americans need this money more then us, u.s sentars

TARIQ

I think it is good to get this out in the open. That is, how much Pakistan does now, and wants to forever, control Afghanistan through its ISI-created terrorist networks. I am not sure how many ISI operatives have been killed in FATA drone strikes, but I have read that it is several. Maybe the USA should have gone after bin Laden with a GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast bomb (MOAB) (colloquially known as the Mother of All Bombs), instead of the much maligned surgical SEAL raid which killed no Pakistanis. Harboring terrorists is equal to being a terrorist.

Its pretty hilarious how some Pakistanis on one hand cry a river about UN resolution on Kashmir and then on the other hand talk about maintaining relations with people designated as terrorists by the same UN..

I dont know whether to call it double standards or INFERIORITY COMPLEX :woot:

Little indians, are obsessed with Pakistan, on this forum day and night - we all know about your unfortunate inferiority complex.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

I think it is good to get this out in the open. That is, how much Pakistan does now, and wants to forever, control Afghanistan through its ISI-created terrorist networks. I am not sure how many ISI operatives have been killed in FATA drone strikes, but I have read that it is several. Maybe the USA should have gone after bin Laden with a GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast bomb (MOAB) (colloquially known as the Mother of All Bombs), instead of the much maligned surgical SEAL raid which killed no Pakistanis. Harboring terrorists is equal to being a terrorist.

Cut the bs, you do things in your national interest and we do what's in ours, the Pashtuns are a major part of Afghan - when you leave they will likely take over most of the south, we have a long porous border, it is our national interest to maintain links.

I am saying this as a Shia Muslim, who the taliban hate as apostates.

Little indians, are obsessed with Pakistan, on this forum day and night - we all know about your unfortunate inferiority complex.

Little ?? hmm.. Freud would have loved to have you on his couch..

The number of time you use the term inferiority complex certainly points to you overcompensating for something.. National or personal.. God knows ..

wonder what.. :azn:

Cut the bs, you do things in your national interest and we do what's in ours,

Fine. Then don't be surprised if more Pakistanis are killed tor standing too close to Haqqani fighters. It is in OUR national interest to kill Haqqani, and all other Afghan Taliban, fighters wherever we find them. Even in Quetta.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom