What's new

Untold Story of East Pakistan 1971

And who is saying that? A Urdu speaker???? What a self pleasing???? Urdu and Farsi came to Bengal after Moghul took over Bengal which we consider a foreign Hindustani invasion. Nothing to do with sperad of Islam as It was already a Islamic land beofe the arrival of the those languages.
are you sure?? I think iranian sufi saints had introduced farsi many years ago before Mughals came...

Islam is indifferent to culture, including language.

But it can have an influence in certain parts of a culture, such as food.

are you sure?? I think iranian sufi saints had introduced farsi many years ago before Mughals came...

There were Persian Sufis.

Perhaps some knowledgeable folks like Al-Zakir, iadjani and eastwatch can shed some light :D

My knowledge of pre-British history is very poor (yes I admit).

Iranian Sufi??? Can you name one??? We are sunni for god's sake. Dont twist things anymore... LOL

Islam is indifferent to culture, including language.

But it can have an influence in certain parts of a culture, such as food.
do you xactly know the meaning of islam,what makes you compel to compare it's holy influence with food ,pitty on u :smoking:

Iranian Sufi??? Can you name one??? We are sunni for god's sake. Dont twist things anymore... LOL

I earlier posted the status of Bengali in the courtier of Bengal Sultanate before Moghul. Please go through that. They replaced Sanskrit with Bengali. They even gone as far as patronizing Hindus to translate their books to Bengali from Sanskrit.

And regarding farsi farsi/turk/arabic word are introduced by the immigrant and constant interaction.

then i find this following wikiquote very disgusting.

Despite the vast differences in language, culture and political systems, the historic region of Bengal, which is today constituted mostly by present day Bangladesh, has had strong cultural relationships with Iran. Though Iran is neither contiguous to Bengal, nor did Iranians get a chance to establish their rule in this region, Iranian influence was consistently dominant in Bengal throughout Muslim rule in the region that began in the 12th Century. Bengal saw a great influx of Persian scholars, merchants, administrators and warriors during the Mughal Empire. Some of Bengal's once powerful landed aristocrats are believed to be descendants of many of the rich Persian immigrants. Many Persian scholars established themselves in city of Jahangir Nagar (modern day Dhaka) and fostered Persian poetry and literature in the city.[1]. In modern Bangladesh's most renowned business houses like Ispahani are owned by families have roots hailing from Iran. Persian was the official language of Bengal throughout the Muslim period for over 600 years, and Persian literature enormously influenced Bengali literature. Due to the large immigration of Iranians, many Persian words entered the Bengali language and literature as well as into official documents and the idiom of court circles. In the 1930s, Rabindranath Tagore, the man described as the Shakespeare of Bengali literature, visited Iran and met the senior Iranian leadership. Many Bengali Muslim poets were heavily inspired by rich Persian poetry and culture. Kazi Nazrul Islam, the national poet of Bangladesh, had greatly used Persian literature to develop Bengali ghazals and poetry. [2] The Persians also played an instrumental role in spreading Islam in the region which today has a Muslim majority population. Historically, Islamic Bengal and Persia have been viewed as beacons of liberal and progressive forces in the wider Islamic world. Persian Sufi saints who arrived in Bengal in the 12th and 13th centuries are viewed by historians as having played instrumental roles in the establishment of Islam in Bengal through sufism.[3] With the creation of the state of Pakistan that compromised of both present day Pakistan and Bangladesh, in 1947, the Shah of Iran pursued strong relations with the Pakistani government and visited Dhaka on several occasions. The Shah was especially close to Prime Minister Khawaja Nazimuddin, the first Bengali Prime Minister of Pakistan and a prominent member of the Dhaka Nawab Family. During the Bangladesh Liberation War, the Shah helped to transport US military equipment to West Pakistan during their fight with the Mukti Bahini.

then i find this following wikiquote very disgusting.

Despite the vast differences in language, culture and political systems, the historic region of Bengal, which is today constituted mostly by present day Bangladesh, has had strong cultural relationships with Iran. Though Iran is neither contiguous to Bengal, nor did Iranians get a chance to establish their rule in this region, Iranian influence was consistently dominant in Bengal throughout Muslim rule in the region that began in the 12th Century. Bengal saw a great influx of Persian scholars, merchants, administrators and warriors during the Mughal Empire. Some of Bengal's once powerful landed aristocrats are believed to be descendants of many of the rich Persian immigrants. Many Persian scholars established themselves in city of Jahangir Nagar (modern day Dhaka) and fostered Persian poetry and literature in the city.[1]. In modern Bangladesh's most renowned business houses like Ispahani are owned by families have roots hailing from Iran. Persian was the official language of Bengal throughout the Muslim period for over 600 years, and Persian literature enormously influenced Bengali literature. Due to the large immigration of Iranians, many Persian words entered the Bengali language and literature as well as into official documents and the idiom of court circles. In the 1930s, Rabindranath Tagore, the man described as the Shakespeare of Bengali literature, visited Iran and met the senior Iranian leadership. Many Bengali Muslim poets were heavily inspired by rich Persian poetry and culture. Kazi Nazrul Islam, the national poet of Bangladesh, had greatly used Persian literature to develop Bengali ghazals and poetry. [2] The Persians also played an instrumental role in spreading Islam in the region which today has a Muslim majority population. Historically, Islamic Bengal and Persia have been viewed as beacons of liberal and progressive forces in the wider Islamic world. Persian Sufi saints who arrived in Bengal in the 12th and 13th centuries are viewed by historians as having played instrumental roles in the establishment of Islam in Bengal through sufism.[3] With the creation of the state of Pakistan that compromised of both present day Pakistan and Bangladesh, in 1947, the Shah of Iran pursued strong relations with the Pakistani government and visited Dhaka on several occasions. The Shah was especially close to Prime Minister Khawaja Nazimuddin, the first Bengali Prime Minister of Pakistan and a prominent member of the Dhaka Nawab Family. During the Bangladesh Liberation War, the Shah helped to transport US military equipment to West Pakistan during their fight with the Mukti Bahini.

Did not contradict my point. It was after Noor Jahan a Iranain married by Jahangir. After her 2nd marriage with Jahangir (First husband was a Moghul Jagirdar of Bengal), the subsequent subedars of Bengal appointed all were Persians (Including Alibardi). In that time a rise of Persians influx witnessed in Bengal. If you still go to Siliguri and Morshidabad you will find a whole lot of Iranian Shia community exist in Indian side of the border.

@DF actually, what I found funny was your sheer lack of knowledge on a matter on which you clearly have no idea about. And hence my laughs at you

First of all, my post #67 was in reply to Aryan_B's post in which he mentioned that we are "brothers", and i replied that we have nothing in common, which had nothing to do with what you are talking about.

And yet dividing Islam into more 'sects'? You know, that's discouraged in Islam.
I have not brought Islam into the topic and neither am i bringing it into the topic right now.

Based on what? You carried out a survey on Bangladeshi opinions on Pakistan? :lol:
Is that not a obvious fact? Even Bangladeshi members have pointed out many times that the general view of Pakistan is negative, and there is hate for Pakistan.

It just shows you know nothing about the history of Bangladesh after separation and the factors that contributed to it.

My post wasn't about Bangladesh's separation, neither does that matter to me, Bangladesh is a sovereign independent country.

My first post on this thread was a reply to another Pakistani who stated that we are "brothers", how are we brothers if we don't have anything in common (and no, religion doesn't count since it is not a significant factor, after all according to Bangladeshi government Bangladesh is a secular country meaning no religion in state affairs).

Secondly, what shared geopolitical and national interest do Pakistan and Bangladesh have? None, zero, zilch, nada.

@zab leave him bro. I think he is a school kid.....
Speak for yourself. And then you people wonder why i accuse you of personal attacks and reciprocate?? Hypocrites!

Most of the pakistanis who existed prior to 1971 hold high affinity to Bangladeshis as they are familiar with ground reality. Only a group who only heard about 1971 posses hatred for Bangladeshis....

My grandparents did feel sorrow, but not to the extent that your making it out to be. Secondly, majority Pakistani's, the ones who are born after 1971 and don't have anything to do with that past incident have other problems to worry about rather than cry over something that happened over more than 40 years ago.

Speak for yourself. And then you people wonder why i accuse you of personal attacks and reciprocate?? Hypocrites!

My grandparents did feel sorrow, but not to the extent that your making it out to be. Secondly, majority Pakistani's, the ones who are born after 1971 and don't have anything to do with that past incident have other problems to worry about rather than cry over something that happened over more than 40 years ago.

Yap this point i agree BD is not issue for us.

Yap this point i agree BD is not issue for us.

Why it should be an issue? We dont share borders neither has any major disputes. Just two different country with their own baggages. We can still discuss history but not like reunification/brotherhood and other crraps.. which is unrealistic and out of context.

Back
Top Bottom