What's new

TURNING POINT IN THE HISTORY OF INDIAN SUBCONTINENT

If u look at it clearly the turning point is India becoming a single political Entity for me. The Republic of India.

Aryans or No Aryans, Muslims or no Muslims this country was always divided may be 354 princely states or some three to four provinces whatever. To become a single country and not just survive but to succeed is the single most turning point in the history of India a cultural country for long but a Republic recently.

Cause and effect bro.

Cause and effect.

Is modern India poised to become much more globally powerful and impactful than ancient India ever was at its peak?

That should tell us if we are coming full cycle or still some distance away.

Nonsense. These were patch-sized principalities, or city-states, not kingdoms of any size or shape. The big ones were Ambhi in Takshashila, Puru in the Punjab, and they were the biggest, the others tiny next to them. What kingdoms, and what larger civilisation was it that were involved, with Persians resident in Takshashila as representatives of the governing imperial racee?

A healthy society needs to preemptively and flexibly react to emerging scenarios. The Persian incursion around 500 BC was already a symptom of deficiency.

Is modern India poised to become much more globally powerful and impactful than ancient India ever was at its peak?

The potential certainly exists but the leadership of the past 65 years has been appalling and criminal.

Doc - when you say ancient India at its peak which period would you qualify as the benchmark?

Have any of you tried getting a gas cylinder off late? :angry: :shout: :hitwall:

But this was not his view. He was quoting from a research done by a Cambridge Professor, Angus Maddison.

That's because Angus's forefathers were wearing animal skins and wiping their arses with grass then.

Have any of you tried getting a gas cylinder off late? :angry: :shout: :hitwall:

That's because Angus's forefathers were wearing animal skins and wiping their arses with grass then.

:lol: - You did not take my bait. Good one doc.

I have to leave - but I must say I am very let down by the Pakistani participation and performance here.

They were roundly outscored by the Bangladeshis - which in itself is an important performance metric.

The geographical locations are mentioned in the Videvdad (Vendidad). Hapta-Handu is one of the geographical locations of the Avesta.

I looked for a link. This should help (disclaimer: just read briefly, so there may be parts that I don't agree with)

AVESTAN GEOGRAPHY ? Encyclopaedia Iranica

I am squirming with embarrassment at overlooking the Hapta Hendu.

I being a Brahmin couldn't stop myself from posting ontopic, it seems that lots of people hate 'me' as in the Brahmin me.

Hey Joe what is your take on this Evil Brahmin exploitation, Bang Galore has given a wonderful post couldn't u put your eloquence in to a post. Let me tell you before hand, i am not that 'emotionally' concerned for the hatred or whatever part but think that the share of responsibility we get in fking up the Indian society is rather large.

Waiting Eagerly, sincerely

Evil Brahmin.

Eager, sincere but totally objective piece will be posted end of day, about an hour or so. Actually, when the spirit moves me; performing 'to order' produces dull stuff.

tai naki dada valo bolecho

Prai-i bole thaki, ki aar kori, protibha emon-i jinish.

dada @ tomader high caste ki r low caste ki tomra goru pujarir dol

ar cheye hasso kor ki hote pare :)

O, e-kotha-ta ekhono khyal hoe nai bujhi? Ami to shat shudro, kono uchu jater nnoi. Ar onyo-der moto amra ingraj der sathe ba markin der sathe chukti kori nai, oder ostro-shostro newar jonye nijeder golam kori nai, shei guli amader ashe pashe kintu cholchhilo. Titkeri dewar age ei-kotha guli mone rakhle kaje pore.

Back
Top Bottom