What's new

Turning Agni 3 into Agni 5 : Puzzle Finally Solved : Must Read

do you believe that the technique mentioned by OP is actually uesed?

• Total voters
Rather school boy like calculations for a 'scientist'! Most scientific developments are incremental in nature. A particular model is perfected and improved to progress to the next model unless there is an infusion of new technology somewhere in the loop in which case there is a qualitative jump to the next model. Like jagjitnatt said, I am of the view that :-
Agni 3 + composites for weight reduction + newer and more efficient propellant + an additional stage + improved guidance system = Agni 5.

how improved guidance system can increase range?

elaborate me

this above fact is crucial.

Agni 3 weights 48 tons

without its 1.5 Ton payload it weighs 46.5 Tons.

From above fact mentioned it can be assumed that Propellant accounts for 80% weight of Nuclear Missile.

Hence weight of Propellant in Agni 3 is 46.5x80%=37.2 Tons

Hence weight of Agni 3 without payload and propellant will be just 9.3 Tons

now we know that both stages of Agni 3 are made of Maraging Steel.

so if DRDO uses Composites and reduces weight by 15%, empty weight of new Agni 3( lets call it Agni 3 M) will be 7.44 Tons (without payload and Propellant)

now we all know ," less payload=more range".

in case we reduce payload by 10%, range increases by 10%.

so if Agni 3 M has its both stages made of composite it will weigh 44.64 Tons (46.5-15% of 46.5) and 46.14 Tons with 1.5 Ton Payload.

reducing weight of missile is like reducing payload

less payload=more range

so this new Agni 3 M with 46.14 Tons weight (1.86 Tons less than Current Agni 3) and having ability to be canister ed can easily have minimum range of 5,000 KM while Retaining Payload of 1.5 Tons

and if we reduce payload it's range will be 6,000 KM

the 3rd stage may be a post boost vehicle

so in my opinion, DRDO has used the above technique to turn Agni 3 into Agni 5

i would appreciate your opinion friends

Note> Special Thanks To Book "Gatha Isrochi", written by Dr. Vasant Govarikar, EX ISRO Scientist

and new propellant will also play huge role

i think new fuel wont be lightweight.

it will have same weight, will be advanced,complex but will have capacity to produce 30 to 40% more thrust/power

for ex, if current 1 Kg Propellant of Agni produces 10 Kg thrust New Propellant of 1 Kg will produce 13 to 14 Kg thrust.

so our missiles will need less propellant for achieving same range which in turn will create room for more propellant thus increasing range of our missiles by 30 to 35%

P.S> i think DRDO has already used new propellant on Agni 4

the same weight is not easy to achieve when the compounds change due to change in molecular structure. Either Lighter or heavier. The density of fuel is reduced so that it can be compressed and potential is increased.

the same weight is not easy to achieve when the compounds change due to change in molecular structure. Either Lighter or heavier. The density of fuel is reduced so that it can be compressed and potential is increased.

may be the new propellant is both more powerful and lighter

i think Agni 5 will be 19 to 20 Meters long and will have diameter of 2.1 M

Back
Top Bottom