What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

It's not an official design.

Heheheh I love it how more and more members are adopting Naruto avatars XD

Btw, MILGEM GOES TO RMK MARINE !

http://www.ssm.gov.tr/anasayfa/hizli/duyurular/PressReleases/Sayfalar/20130301SSIKBsnAcklm.aspx

hmb60.png

hmb5g.png

LegionnairE:

Some say that it is going to be a cruiser; although i find this unlikely, there is always a possibility. Who know?

Some say that it is going to be a cruiser; although i find this unlikely, there is always a possibility. Who know?
It doesn't even make sense, not for four seas surrounding Turkey. Right now what's important is acqusition of SM2 and SM3 missiles for Genesis combat system and introduction of naval SOM variants to our navy.

When i see SOM test-fired from Mk41 vls then I'll be satisfied :)

LegionnairE:

TF2000 will have a 6500+ tonnes displacement. To figure out the scale of the ship it is good to check the similar ships. Here is De Zeven Provinciën class frigate with 6050+ tonnes displacement. This ship has 40-cell Mk.41 vertical launch system. Personally, I love the design. A cruiser normally has the displacement of 10000+ tonnes. Kardesim, karadeniz'de bunu çevirmek olmaz! ;)

Fregatte_De_Zeven_Provincien_2506.jpg

De Zeven Provinciën class frigate (wiki declares $816 million per ship cost!)

People, this is not my words and and I've clearly said that it is highly unlikely. I just don't like to say something is 100% certain. :cheesy:

The Ticonderoga class cruiser have a displacement of about 9600 tons. Nooo way near the displacement of TF-2000

It doesn't even make sense, not for four seas surrounding Turkey. Right now what's important is acqusition of SM2 and SM3 missiles for Genesis combat system and introduction of naval SOM variants to our navy.

Not a cruiser in International Standard, As i commented it was rumored that the Frigate classification will change to Cruiser and the displacement will be around 7000 Tons. But ofcourse it will still be a Frigate nontheless. :)

Does Turkey have any plans to create their own ESSM missile's?

I read that Turkey had their own systems to fire, but not the missile's, but not sure if I remember this correctly though.

Edit:

Does Turkey have any plans to make their own SM2 and SM3 missiles? Or is it more economical to just buy these missiles?

Back
Top Bottom