What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

The jet motor Roketsan designed and developed for Aspide missile carries an old design to 30 km, but Own designed much more advanced missile with more advanced jet motor just have a range of 16km ? How realistic is that ? Don't believe so much of ranges revealed by TSKGV institutes.
Range has nothing to do with the engine, it's a matter of fuel capacity. And range also has nothing to do with the technological level of the missile, 1944's V2 rocket had more range than J600T and SOM.

Stop being erdogan, stop obsessing on ranges.

Last edited:
Range has nothing to do with the engine, it's a matter of fuel capacity. And range also has nothing to do with the technological level of the missile, 1944's V2 rocket had more range than J600T and SOM.

Stop being erdogan, stop obsessing on ranges.

Range has nothing to do with motors(?) so new developed Aspide motor increases the range of missile about %12 as compared to ASPIDE rocket motors of the previous generation ? Dude, It is about both Thrust capacity(Thrust to Weight) of motors along with duration of burning and type of fuel (There is only two type of fuel that such jet motors designed to burn, JP8 and JP10 so Type of fuel doesn't make much differences on range).

Range has nothing to do with motors so SOM with Micro TRI-40 (max thrust: 3,3kN) has around 300km, Kale's domestic motor (Max. 3,6-3,8kN) is assessed to reach 500km range.

Last edited:
Range has nothing to do with motors(?) so new developed Aspide motor increases the range of missile about %12 as compared to ASPIDE rocket motors of the previous generation ? Dude, It is about both Thrust capacity(Thrust to Weight) of motors along with duration of burning and type of fuel (There is only two type of fuel that such jet motors designed to burn, JP8 and JP10 so Type of fuel doesn't make much differences on range).

Range has nothing to do with motors so SOM with Micro TRI-40 (max thrust: 3,3kN) has around 300km, Kale's domestic motor (Max. 3,6-3,8kN) is assessed to reach 500km range.
Thrust has little to do with range, missiles don't have wings, they can't stay on air relying on the atmosphere. It goes faster it burns more fuel, it burns more fuel, it's range gets shorter.

Engines can get smaller & lighter thus opening more space for fuel. It's all about the fuel capacity. It's always about the fuel capacity. You put a larger fuel tank on SOM you can give it twice the range. It has nothing to do with the efficiency or technological level which the whole missile was produced. It's not rocket science :D

If what you've said is true we should ask technology from Pakistan and Iran because clearly they are ahead of our inferior technology :D But no... since Nazi Germany's V2 Rocket had more range than ANY missile we have EVER produced, that must've been cutting edge technology....

Larger fuel tank, simple

Last edited:
Savunma ve Havacılık Sanayi İmalatçıları Derneği’nin (SASAD) Ankara’da düzenlenen 25. Genel Kurul Toplantısı'nda, 2014 Yılı Savunma Sanayi Özel Ödülü; 'Füze Uygulamaları için Aşınmaya Dayanıklı Nano Kaplama Geliştirilmesi Proje Başarısı' ile Atatürk Üniversitesi, Bilkent Üniversitesi ve Roketsan A.Ş.’ye verildi.

Ödülü SSM Müsteşarı Prof. Dr. İsmail Demir’den, Atatürk Üniversitesi adına Rektör Yrd. Prof. Dr. M. Said Keleş ve Proje Ekibi'nde bulunan Prof. Dr. İhsan Efeoğlu, Prof. Dr. Yaşar Totik, Yrd. Doç. Özlem Baran ve Yrd. Doç. Dr. E. Ebru Demirci aldı. Proje Yürütücüsü Prof. Dr. İhsan Efeoğlu, başarı ile bitirilen projeye yönelik olarak şu açıklamayı yaptı: “Ülkemizin savunma sanayine önemli teknolojik bilgi kazanımı sağladıklarını ve füze sistemlerinde kullanılan roketlerin, itki kontrolünde kullanılan elemanların çok yüksek sıcaklık (2500-3000) derece ortamında fonksiyonunu yerine getirmek ve servis ömrünü uzatmak üzere, nano yapıda çok tabakalı kompozit kaplama geliştirilmesi yapılmıştır.”

Efeoğlu, ayrıca Atatürk Üniversitesi ve Bilkent Üniversitesi’nde kaplamaların Ar-Ge çalışmasının yapıldığını, Roketsan tarafından ise kaplanmış ürünlerin, roket sistemleri üzerinde testlere tabii tutularak ulaşılan Ar-Ge sonuçlarının, füze sistemlerinde kullanım potansiyeline sahip olduğunun ortaya konulduğunu belirtti.

http://www.haberyurdum.com/2014-yili-sa ... z2zdSMTMAE

SASAD 2014 award went to Roketsan Nano-Composite Cover material for Domestic Missile systems which is able to resist 2500-3000 degree temperature.

SASAD 2014 award went to Roketsan Nano-Composite Cover material for Domestic Missile systems which is able to resist 2500-3000 degree temperature.

I think they had been late but after this time our big media companies should be aware of our defence industry news... They should employ defence industry experts in their companies and they should make news about this sector... They are just incapable... We learn news from unknown sources...

I think they had been late but after this time our big media companies should be aware of our defence industry news... They should employ defence industry experts in their companies and they should make news about this sector... They are just incapable... We learn news from unknown sources...

This is true of all News Agencies world wide. There is simply very limited Interest, we are the minority.

As you remember we discussed about Cirit launcher...

Someone said this pointed launcher is a Cirit Launcher Pod... It carries 12 Cirits... I found info about that...

This photo...

httt.jpg

& Here is the info...

ddd.jpg

Someone said this pointed launcher is a Cirit Launcher Pod... It carries 12 Cirits... I found info about that...

This photo...

View attachment 25797

& Here is the info...

View attachment 25798

Yeah! That's the pod I have talking about. Cool man! I will never think about you that you are an idiot. ;)

Maybe the smaller Cirit launcher pod is for other aircraft?

If the weight is within payload who knows, Sivrisinek has been tested with cirit before right?
Idk i just remember them saying that there would be an armed version but we haven't really heared anything about the program,

This photo...

View attachment 25797

& Here is the info...

View attachment 25798

It is for unguided 70mm rockets, not for Cirit. Cirit can only be launched with its canister. Canister+Cirit diameter is bigger than 70mm so It doesn't suit into standart 70mm pods.

It is for unguided 70mm rockets, not for Cirit. Cirit can only be launched with its canister. Canister+Cirit diameter is bigger than 70mm so It doesn't suit into standart 70mm pods.
This is correct.

Yeah! That's the pod I have talking about. Cool man! I will never think about you that you are an idiot. ;)
also they were show you same photo but i think you confused that time :)

Back
Top Bottom