What's new

Turkey to double flights from India

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know they were not in the first conference and you don't have to be so defensive about your ties with India.

India has 180 million Muslims as well as long history of Muslim civilisation. You don't have to believe in a false reading of history and make belief.

And its a fact that Turkey (and almost all countries in the world including China, Saudir Arabia e.t.c) consider Kashmir a bilateral issue between India and Pakistan. EVery country supports this stance and under Mushrraf an agreement WAS being reached when the Mumbai attacks of 2008 happened and derailed the process.

Pakistan herself has signed the Shimla agreement where she herself had declared that this is a bilateral issue. However, it has broken this commitement when it took Kashmir to the UN in the 1990s.

Also, let me inform you that Kashmirs in India do not want to be part of Pakistan. There is a section that wants to be independance around 45-48%, then you have a pro-India block of around 25% and the pro-Pakistan element is less than 2%. www.peacepolls.org

It would be worthwile if you do your own research on Kashmir and develop an informed view on it.

I don't have a problem with India... I don't care if India has muslim population or Pakistani people being muslim... I just love Pakistani people as much as I love Azeri Turks and other Turkic people...

And what kind of logic would it be if Turkey ignored the 1.2 billion people in India that is one of the biggest markets in the world surely will become of the top 3/4 in 20 or years....

Good post, Turkey is developing further ties with India, political, economic, travel, and in other fields. Turk-Indian ties go back in history from trade to Timurid invasion.

Well you do know that the majority of the Timurid invasion was focussed on present day Pakistan right?

Anyways, when I said it is natural for India and Turkey to improve their relations, I was saying this in the back drop of the end of the cold war. During the cold war, India and Turkey were on the opposite camps. Turkey was part of NATO and while India was neutral it was leaning towards the USSR. Now that this is over, India and Turkey have re-established their ties and are improving since then. The 1990s co-operation between India and Turkey in Afghanista was the first such instance.
Later, it was the BJP led Vajpayee that made the first PM level visit to Turkey in the recent past. And Erdogan led govt had sent PM and Presidential delegations to India.

China and India are emerging economies and Turkey is an emerging economy in the Middle east. So it is only natural that these countries would interact with each other increasingly.

welll there was really no need to bring up the past. well what abt today do u guys have to courage to come over and slaughter us? thinking abt giving it a try buddy?

Karan she was being sarcastic to the post she quoted. Not making any point as such.

welll there was really no need to bring up the past. well what abt today do u guys have to courage to come over and slaughter us? thinking abt giving it a try buddy?

Yep, didn't you know that Turks are planning on declaring a war against India? I mean all of us wait the day...

Dude, did you really read my post or did you really read it and only understood that part?

Yep... Indians and Turks were great friends since the days of Turkish dynasty called Mughals that constantly slauthered Indians... I mean who wouldn't love his/her killers right?

Get a grip of reality that sane people live in please...

Edit: This shows that people can trade and have somewhat normal relations with others even their pasts are dirty... Only you and DesertFox are complaning about this...

Mughals aren't even 'Turkish'.

Good post, Turkey is developing further ties with India, political, economic, travel, and in other fields. Turk-Indian ties go back in history from trade to Timurid invasion.

Timurid aren't 'Turkish' either.

Turkic people aren't a single ethnic group. It's like saying Indo-European. What indo-European? They's so many under this group.

Mughals aren't even 'Turkish'.

Timurid aren't 'Turkish' either.

Turkic people aren't a single ethnic group. It's like saying Indo-European. What indo-European? They's so many under this group.

Their rulers spoke Turkish and Timur comes from a Turkic/Mongol mixed tribe and he spoke Turkish dialect too...

But commom this thread is already full with pointless posts as it is (including mines) We don't need to discuss Timurs ethnicity too :D

Their rulers spoke Turkish and Timur comes from a Turkic/Mongol mixed tribe and he spoke Turkic...

But commom this thread is already full with pointless posts as it is (including mines) We don't need to discuss Timurs ethnicity too :D

They didn't speak Turkish.

But the early Mughals spoke a Turkic language Chagatai. They later spoke Persian.

Their rulers spoke Turkish and Timur comes from a Turkic/Mongol mixed tribe and he spoke Turkish dialect too...

congratulations u ruled us 500 yrss ago :taz::taz::taz:

They didn't speak Turkish.

But the early Mughals spoke a Turkic language Chagatai. They later spoke Persian.

Common dude, I don't want to post off topics...

Mughals comes from Turkic people, When a Jew prefer to speak English rather than Hebrew does not make him an Englishman...

Actually, I don't care about that ... I was making a joke and being sarcastic if you didn't know that :)

Now they are doubling flights to you. Times have changed. India should explore defense ties with Turkey they have indigenous production of various military hardware especially in radar systems, possibly the two could make a deal for the T-129. Turkey will be interested in selling them to customers India is in need of quality AH platform.

Mughals comes from Turkic people, When a Jew prefer to speak English rather than Hebrew does not make him an Englishman...

But how can a Turkish all the way in Anatolia claim?

The Greeks and the Persians ruled Anatolian, North Africa, Middle East, etc once upon. They are Indo-European people, but can Indians claim that because they are in the same language group?

Now they are doubling flights to you. Times have changed. India should explore defense ties with Turkey they have indigenous production production of various military hardware especially in radar systems, possibly the two could make a deal for the T-129. Turkey will be interested in selling them to customers India is in need of quality AH platform.

India is already developing a platform, LCH

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAL_Light_Combat_Helicopter

You guys are the ones that want T-129.

Deno - I am curious - How does the common Turkish man/woman view Indians?

Now they are doubling flights to you. Times have changed. India should explore defense ties with Turkey they have indigenous production production of various military hardware especially in radar systems, possibly the two could make a deal for the T-129. Turkey will be interested in selling them to customers India is in need of quality AH platform.

Yes we are :D I mean doubling civilian flights between Turkey and India!! What an important issue that needed to discussed for 12 pages!! This increase of civilian travel signals the incoming defence projects!! I guess there is not escape from T-129 deal and dog fight simulators or stealth military ship tech!!

A1Kaid, I really want to know, are you being intentinally hateful towards Turkey or Do you have problems about comprehending that this doesn't mean anything?

Deno - I am curious - How does the common Turkish man/woman view Indians?

I am sorry to say, it is nearly is the same as hollywood streotype and what they saw from animal documentries that has been recorded in India.... And Bollywood too of course :)

I guess it comes from Turkish people lack of interest in international affairs... Since the Indepence war, Turkey was always surrended by hostile states so people had this ''Every one hates and we hate them to so we don't care about the world'' mentality but a lot has change in 10 years :D

In what way has Turkey helped Pakistan that has given us any leverage over our enemy india?

You became an ally of America because you hated India.
You became an ally of China because you hated India.
You are trying to woo Russia because you hate India.
You want to make Afghanistan your colony because you hate India.

Pakistan should stop looking at the whole world through the Indian lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom